Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I also vote for a small brass bristle brush and a strong cleaner, Meguiars, Super Degreaser, Purple Power, etc..

If you think about it, natural rubber is white-whitish anyway, so you just have to get the grease,oils, etc., that soaked in out again, and they will come out and the natural color will be restored.

Having worked in Tire Shops in the past, there is nothing better than this for me..

Dan F
    I`m in with this included!

Meguiar`s Super Degreaser should brighten those letters right up. I had the same thing happen to a BF Goodrich AT and this worked like a charm. I did have to do a couple of times but in the end I won!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    If none of the aforementioned recommendations work (and even lacquer thinner won`t pull the discoloration), then yes, it could be permanent.

Sometimes tires are stacked atop each other during shipping or at the tire store, and another tire`s rubber, or the ingredients used to turn the rubber black (such as carbon black) leech into the lettering. Depending upon how far the carbon black enters the non-treated white rubber determines whether or not you can scrub away the discoloration.

You think he`s got problems? Try removing the staining on those wide whitewalls used on street rods and classic cars! :banghead:
    Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar`s/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar`s Distributor/Retailer

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    You think he`s got problems? Try removing the staining on those wide whitewalls used on street rods and classic cars! :banghead:
    Brings back old chills to me KB, glad the old days of white wall tires are gone......
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    If none of the aforementioned recommendations work (and even lacquer thinner won`t pull the discoloration), then yes, it could be permanent.

Sometimes tires are stacked atop each other during shipping or at the tire store, and another tire`s rubber, or the ingredients used to turn the rubber black (such as carbon black) leech into the lettering. Depending upon how far the carbon black enters the non-treated white rubber determines whether or not you can scrub away the discoloration.

Those hideous Vouge tires where always a real pain in my butt when they were popular :-t

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information