Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.

I ended up using lexol vinylex for the tires and exterior boots/seals and dressing the seats.

The guys at the shop told me the first time it goes out in the sand all the dressing gets blasted off anyway so I guess it really doesnt matter what I use ! The tires also ooze out this nasty sealant grease that there is nothing i can do about so whatever!!

Flash you need to be my mananger!:wink::money:

Honestly I dont think there will be a next time LOL I did not enjoy the job a whole lot . I was in every imaginable position like a monkey detailing the thing , good thing I do yoga because I did not suffer the next day like I thought I may have ! Was even laying flat on the ground to get to the underneath .When i found out that theres no doors and you have to hoist yourself up[ into the thing and in the proccess of getting in and out let out a few expletives like OMFG`s! I thought I was cursing quietly but the front desk person heard me burst out laughingat me:

Lots and lots of chrome and dirt and sand to clean!!!I will only do this again if I am flat broke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    Thanks guys.

I ended up using lexol vinylex for the tires and exterior boots/seals and dressing the seats.

The guys at the shop told me the first time it goes out in the sand all the dressing gets blasted off anyway so I guess it really doesnt matter what I use ! The tires also ooze out this nasty sealant grease that there is nothing i can do about so whatever!!

Honestly I dont think there will be a next time LOL I did not enjoy the job a whole lot . I was in every imaginable position like a monkey detailing the thing , good thing I do yoga because I did not suffer the next day like I thought I may have ! Was even laying flat on the ground to get to the underneath .When i found out that theres no doors and you have to hoist yourself up[ into the thing and in the proccess of getting in and out let out a few expletives like OMFG`s! I thought I was cursing quietly but the front desk person heard me burst out laughingat me:

Lots and lots of chrome and dirt and sand to clean!!!I will only do this again if I am flat broke
    Water based is good but if he was going to take it out I would have skipped it. Would have loved to see pics of your work. BTW, if you ever detail a motorcycle, NEVER, dress the tires with anything. Dressing has been known to blend onto the tread due to the high rpm causing tire slip. Tire slip is never good on a 2 wheeler.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually ask my customers about dressings when they drop the car off. Most leave it to my discretion but every now and then they may ask me to leave it off.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dressing on those tire, IMO no. Just clean them with ARO and you`re be fine. Leave the high shine on ATV`s for the Dog & Pony Show`s.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    Thanks guys.

That`s funny! I`m glad I`m not the only one to let some "blue" language fly when I`m not having any fun on a job!:Innocent:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    That`s funny! I`m glad I`m not the only one to let some "blue" language fly when I`m not having any fun on a job!:Innocent:
    In normal conversation I dont curse much but when Im alone and noone can hear me I let loose if Im frustrated or mad .It seems to be good therapy and really makes me feel better LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...I heard a lil old Chinese woman going crazy at our local Asian establishment. She saw that I had witnessed this and started apologizing profusely. I told her, no mame, you go right ahead and blow off your steam. Just don`t feed me kitty kat :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglerider94 View Post
    Water based is good but if he was going to take it out I would have skipped it. Would have loved to see pics of your work. BTW, if you ever detail a motorcycle, NEVER, dress the tires with anything. Dressing has been known to blend onto the tread due to the high rpm causing tire slip. Tire slip is never good on a 2 wheeler.
    Thanks for the advice . This job I could not do much with the paint because unfortunetly the clear coat was already showing signs of failure on the roof so i just clayed and waxed it.

It really was a beautiful beast though ...I may see if I can get a couple of pics of it ...not to show my work but just to post what a wild looking ATV it is.

Yes I already know about not dressing motorcycle tires but its a good reminder for everyone. I used to ride motorcycles when I was younger and more wild and adventurous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Dressing on those tire, IMO no. Just clean them with ARO and you`re be fine. Leave the high shine on ATV`s for the Dog & Pony Show`s.
    Thanks Angelo. How would they look with the ARO? I dont have any anyway but for future reference?

Someone has a birthday coming up very soon :bday cake:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    LOL...I heard a lil old Chinese woman going crazy at our local Asian establishment. She saw that I had witnessed this and started apologizing profusely. I told her, no mame, you go right ahead and blow off your steam. Just don`t feed me kitty kat :-B
    Flash...ever see that old stand-up routine by Eddie Murphy? The chinese cook in the back making the food is pissed off at the white kids ridiculing the waitress for her accent and says "I make special wonton soup for you" as he pisses in the soup! I think it was from Delirious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok i got some pics but can someone help me ? The pics post super gigantic and Im afraid it messes up the board if I post them .

I am totally clueless Im afraid. In fact this is the first time Ive used my digital camera :-B Thanks if anyone can help

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay DC,
    First upload them onto photobucket. Once they are there. copy the IMG Code and click on insert link just under the smily in the message box. Then just paste the link into the box and you are good to go.:thumbup:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Barry but its so BIG
    I already uploaded here:
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29dyfc6&s=7

Post Thanks / Like
    The size of the pic is just fine.

Very cool ATV!!:clap:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like