Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After searching long and hard for a carnauba topper to add to my Klasse, I finally decided to order some P21S Paste Wax from CMA.

Unfortunately, although I ordered right before Christmas, the weather here wasn`t civil enough for me to get outside and throw some on, until this past weekend. My observations:

Goes on incredibly easy, comes off the same.
    Shine is excellent! I had previously thrown some Meguiar`s #26 on one body part, for comparison - and the P21S is clearly more reflective and deeper than the #26.
    Leaves absolutely no residue, not even on the tons of black rubber trim on my ML320.

The only downside to the P21S wax was the applicator - it`s incredibly small, and not very ergonomic - after one coat by hand, I was reaching for a sponge applicator I bought from Autozone to replace the supplied sponge.

I expect to get about 15-20 coats of wax out of this can, and if it`s half as durable as the folks at thewaxtest.com say it is, then this is a remarkable wax.

I`ll post some findings on durability after some time has elapsed. So far, durability aside - I can`t be more pleased with this wax, especially on my white truck, on top of about 5-7 coats of Klasse SG.

Just a quick update on my initial post - it`s just a bit more than 2 weeks later, and after exposure to some serious elements (snow, salt, dirt and rain), the P21S is holding up fairly well. I washed the car and it beaded like crazy. The hood and areas around the wheel well, which were exceptionally dirty, held up well. I decided to apply a second coat to those areas - this wax is almost like a QD - it took less than 10 minutes to hit these trouble areas again.

Funny though - between the Aquapel (Vision Blade) on my windows, and the Klasse/P21S on the paint, the car beads water like crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m one of the guys from thewaxtest.com, and just wanted to point out that our tests didn`t include the road abrasive tests. In other words, our waxes weren`t subjected to the very fine particles that effectively sandblast your car while driving, so the waxes probably lasted a little longer than under most normal conditions.

Not to fear, we`re working on solving this problem for the next round.

Just .02

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Geeky that would be a great test.

Hey anyway we could read your next testing setup prior to yall doing it?????

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a great idea; I`ll outline our plans once their "finalized" and have you guys take a peek.

We`re trying to get everything "right", but it`s nearly impossible without making a fair number of mistakes.

I`ll post when we`re nearing completion of our test plans.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t let you have the last post anymore!!LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been really happy with the P21S Paste Wax. I put it on my Audi back in late October and it is still holding up well. This is by itself, no KLASSE underneath, just the Wax. It is still shining great to.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I can`t let you have the last post anymore!!LOL [/b]</blockquote>
    That cracks me up!

----

Kev- great to hear the P21S is holding up. Our panel lasted about 7 weeks before it started to really suffer...but, it also froze and got a good helping of snow/ice/dew/etc.

Does your car stay in the garage? Curious why/how it`s holding up so well. I`ve done the BMW twice since November and love the look of P21S, but I hoped it would be a little more durable in real life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve - great work on the site - I look forward to the next iteration, and the sneak preview Here`s one nerd`s suggestion - how about a registry for each wax? People could go to the site, register their car and wax combo, and put in some comments about how durable, easy to apply, etc. I know this opens the door for some spastic comments and a bunch of advertising, but if you warn people that the information is subjective up front,..

As far as P21S`s durability - I`m no chemist, but I think that the fact that it`s so easily applied and removed might play a part in how durable it is.

I doubt that any carnauba, when exposed to the elements, could really be much more durable than 7 weeks. The problem here is the weather - in NY, the winter months can get really tough on someone who likes to detail their cars. Ease of application can make a big difference - for example, if I can bear getting a wash done in 35 degree weather (on a good day), it`s comforting to know that I can slap on a coat of P21S in under 20 minutes. Even more comforting to know I can slap on two of them in under an hour!

My truck is garaged, although it gets a fair amount of driving. As mentioned above, I`ll let you guys know how durable it turns out to be. If I get to two months, I`ll be happy as a pig-in-mud (bet`cha didn`t see that one coming..)

Post Thanks / Like
    John, that`s a great idea! Although, I must admit I`m afraid about what types of posts we`d get...if the hundreds of nearly incomprehensible e-mails we received are any indication, it might backfire on us. Not to mention all of the flames for not picking their favorite wax...ahh, it`s a rough world out there, isn`t it?

I`ll chat it up with the guys and see what their thoughts are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geekysteve,

My car spends the night in the garage but is a daily driver and sits outside all day. I think that living in south Texas helps. Our whether has been really mild, we have only been below freezing a couple of times this year and that is at night when the car is in the garage. I bought the P21S after seeing your initial reviews and I really have been impressed. I am getting ready to strip it and try using KLASSE and put the P21S on as a Topper. First I have to get some swirls and scratches out. Some I missed the first time and some are new. Hopefully I will get to do it this weekend, my KLASSE order just came in. I still have to pick up some new pads for my PC though. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, Kev. Thanks for the info. I`ll be curious to see how the P21S does as a topper - I think it should be top notch.

For pre-cleaning, have you tried their cleansing lotion? I like it slightly better than the Pinnacle; seems to "richen up" the paint a bit more.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, I really liked the paint cleansing lotion. I started off using 3M SMR with my PC and then used the P21S Cleaner by hand and then the wax. The cleaner really helped to make the surface slick and smooth. I tried using it with the PC but did not like it that way. It is really easy to use by hand anyway especially after using the SMR first. This time I will be starting off with 3M FI II first and then work from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a P21S kit from cma and have to say i like P21S just did not care much for their window wipes.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling the p21s carnuba is going to be the

the de facto topper here very soon. I have been using it

as such for some time now over Collinite MDE and

the two are stunning. I like Blitz very much also so

when spring arrives I am going to try this combination.

Layer 1- Collinite MDE [Durable & Beading]

Layer 2- OG Blitz [Mystical Powers]

Layer 3- P21s [Reflection]

The p21s goes on quick so it can be done once a week

throwing it on sparingly. Takes about 10 min.s after

weekend wash.

Also I threw in a post a few weeks ago regarding adding

slickness to my p21s shampoo. Well I found that if you

add a cap full of your favorite QD it adds slickness and also

adds shine to your finish. Check it out.

PS,

Steve, this RD who recommended the Sprayway to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some P21S coming from CMA tomorrow. I am presently doing an experiment with #26 carnauba over Zaino (15 coats) on side panels and the results have been extremely positive. Can not wait to wash with Z7 and apply 3 coats of P21S.

So far the carnuaba topping has not effected the dust resistance of the Zaino and the depth and richness of the non-metallic black finish is great -- less plastic appearing. The Zaino gloss and slickness is still there. The whole car is QD`d with Z6 , even the carnauba panels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information