Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your wheels are in bad shape then you need something strong to get them cleaned. Once they are clean, you can seal them. This will make it easier to clean them with soap and water.
    So, to answer your question, P21S Gel is the real deal and worth the price if you need it. I have used it and like it, but my fav is Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner:clap:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks guys, Ya my wheels never get very bad because I do seal them, but my customers are a different story. Well then I will consider it in my next purchase.

Post Thanks / Like
    just make sure when u use it let it sit for at least 15 minutes. then adgitate. with a brush a little thats what i do .works awesome.i wouldnt use anything else..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAR Detailing View Post
    Ok thanks guys, Ya my wheels never get very bad because I do seal them, but my customers are a different story. Well then I will consider it in my next purchase.
    If your customer wheels are really bad I would consider moving up to an acid like Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener. However this is `professional` level product and is quite strong, it can damage the surfaces of some wheels and should only be used as directed (diluted 4:1 or 10:1 water/wheel brightener) on cool rims.

I use Wheel Brightener 10:1 quite often, it is really good stuff. If I need more power I have a 4:1 bottle, and if I just need moderate cleaning then it`s Optimum Powerclean 4:1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I love the P21s wheel gel, Since it is a pH balanced product it is completely safe on all types of wheels, you can let it dwell for 15min to 2 hours and it will not harm anytype of wheel. even bare polished aluminum. but the wheel brightener or wheel acid can damage some wheels and be harmful to ceramic brakes. just keep that in mind too.

I have also used the Chemical guys Diablo wheel gel which is also pH balanced but it SUCKS! it doesn`t really eat at the brake dust to well. but it is safe to use on anything and doesn`t cost as much as the P21s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tru_Shine View Post

I have also used the Chemical guys Diablo wheel gel which is also pH balanced but it SUCKS! it doesn`t really eat at the brake dust to well. but it is safe to use on anything and doesn`t cost as much as the P21s
    Oh, thank God I`m not the only one who thinks so. It was flavor-of-the-month for a bit, but aside from a pleasant smell and good price, it doesn`t have much else going for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    If your wheels are in bad shape then you need something strong to get them cleaned. Once they are clean, you can seal them. This will make it easier to clean them with soap and water.
    So, to answer your question, P21S Gel is the real deal and worth the price if you need it. I have used it and like it, but my fav is Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner:clap:
    I just started using the Sonax and I like it as well on messy rims.

I`ve read a ton of people say how bad it smells. For me the smell isn`t as bad as what I expected. It`s not nice but it wasn`t overpowering or anything. Must just be me :tongue:

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been and still use P21S Wheel Cleaners. My asthma is touchy with alot of wheel cleaners out there.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonax Full Effect all the way! It is neutrilized acid, basically, and is as safe as P21S, yet it actually works on caked on brake dust, where P21S often fails...With Sonax Full Effect out there, there is NO POINT in having P21S, IMO...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information