Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Id just like to introduce myself. I am a newbie poster here although I have been a lurker here ever since hearing about this site a long time ago. Long enough that I pretty much know all of your abbreviations of which there are a ton!!!.

I am another member from www.Acura-TL.com where I Moderate the TL Type-S forum and I also Mod the Accord forum at www.Honda-Acura.net. I have learned a good amount from this forum, so many thanks go out to all its members who have contributed soo much, and as always its good to find a place where I can be amongst people who suffer from same "illness" that my friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, basically anyone who knows me thinks I suffer from, namely my obsession with keeping my car clean and sparkling.

I own an Aegean Blue 2002 TL Type-S, and she blinds all those around her courtesy of Meguiars Show Car Glaze and I cant remember how many coats of Finish First Polish which is a product I dont see mentioned here all that much. I love the stuff, my supples are running low, so who knows I may become a convert to Z or Klasse. We shall see.

One again fantastic site, and I look forward to learning and contributing here whenever I have time.

Post Thanks / Like
    :bounce I love your car man....
    2002 ABP @

* debadged 3.2TLType-S and A C U R A

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome on board Mr. Hyde. I would like to confide that is a sweet looking ride Mr. Hyde. Great color! You`re definitely surrounded by a bunch of detailing fanatics here.

Haven`t heard of Finish First so I did some research and found their website.

<em class=`bbc`>clic pic[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    I too am a user (or have been a user) of Finish First. IMO it`s kind of a hidden gem. I`ve been using Blackfire recently (put it on your list) and am quite happy but it`s not as slick as FF.

Both the Prep and the polish are great as long as your paint is new. Personally I don`t think there`s much difference between FF and Z, but I`m a confirmed "non Z" user so I have to defer to someone that has used both (whom I`m not sure exists ;-)

Anyway, the fun of this place is that there are so many people using and trying different brands and combinations, looking for Detailing Nirvana. So, experimentation is encouraged here. I say try everything!! The egg rolls are terrific.

Welcome to the club.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr Hyde don`t hide on us!! We need more car cleaning nuts here. We want to finish first also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Mr Hyde! Good to see another acura-tl brother here. Seems that the pics of your Type S elicit the same oohs and aahs here as they do on the tl boards. This is a great place.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a hi solvent formula. It is based on a silicone polymer (amino functional siloxane) system which is an older technology. The same backbone is in the product astroshield.

I had nice results with liquid glass. It seemed to be abrasive though, so I would only recommend it to people that want to detail 2-4 times a year. It is durable, but produces a lot of dust. I feel it is best suited for older technology paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    It claims that is does not contain silicones. Wouldn`t that be a silicone polymer (amino functional siloxane)? Are they false advertising? Sounds like a good product with good reviews. Great product for people who do not have time to detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    silicone oils....the bad kind (dimethyl). Doesn`t matter though.....the whole industry sucks in case you have not caught wise to it yet. According to manufacturer claims hardly any products contain abrasives (but they do say they contain microscopic polishing agents...LOL, hardly any carnubas contain silicone oils, and every product is guaranteed to last the longest and shine the best...........

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>and every product is guaranteed to last the longest and shine the best........... [/b]</blockquote>
    In the case of Zaino this may be true though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx for the welcome guys, I have been using FF for a long time now and have always gotten great results. The Shine is :bounce and it is truely one of the slickest things I have ever used. "Smooth as glass" doesnt begin to describe how slick it leaves the surface of the car.

Thought about BF also, but I hear it doesnt make the finish as slick which is a big plus in my mind. Both for the ease of getting dirt of the car and also ease of preventing dirt from accumulating on it.

Havent used Z yet, I have seen its results first hand though, and right now I am still happy with FF although still intriqued by Z and Klasse

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Lug brush?

What do you use to clean your nuts?

Post Thanks / Like
    3/4" foam paint brush :smile:

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest lots of soap and water and nothing too abrasive

Post Thanks / Like
    1" boars hair detail brush
    Dwayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information