Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to share this info with the MB club and watch the stuff fly off the shelves at the local Advance Auto Parts! MB`s suffer from the same soft pad dust as BMW`s. We had a drive out to Lawrence and back on Sunday, and my wheels looked like I had not touched them in months.

If there is even a chance it works, I`m trying it!! I don`t really wash the old SL any more, so wheel cleaning is a sit-on-the-driveway, manual wipe-down process.

I assume this is sold wherever Armorall products are sold?

Thanks for the heads-up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it on my f150, the front wheels get coated in brake dust easily, and it made a huge difference. I`ll post up pix when I get the chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Z View Post
    I`m still up in the air with this stuff too. I don`t mind the small bit of residue left over, I just lightly wipe it off and I`ve gotten where I hardly get any now as I`m applying less. The thing that I don`t like is when it gets wet, it seems like the brake dust is immediately stuck on and looks terrible, ...
    DEFINITELY not rain-friendly. This is a dry weather fix. It washes off easily, not like a wax or sealant that`s designed to have staying power.

After several weeks of using AAWP, I`m still on the fence myself. Does it really repel brake dust better than Wheel Wax or Blackfire WD? [rhetorically] Not so sure.....:toetap05:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Z View Post
    I just picked up a couple of cans, we`ll see how it goes. I plan on changing brakes next week sometime, so I`ll clean the rims thoroughly at that point and give this stuff a try. Got a free jug of car wash with the purchase of two cans too! :clap:
    Try Hawk Performance Z Series pads next time.ancing Dot:
    Ceramic and a GREAT pad.
    2006 Black Raven Cadillac STS-V
    4.4L Northstar Supercharged V8
    459RWHP@5888rpm w/2.4 pulley
    451lbft@4696rpm

Here are my Cars:My Garage
    Here are my Videos:My Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Ceramic and a GREAT pad.
    I may do that. The Red Stuff ones sucked, squealed like a Deffenbaugh truck.

I put on Textar this time, which is what is on BMW & Mercedes in lieu of the OEM Brembos and so far I like them. They aren`t as dusty as the Brembos and MUCH quieter than the Red Stuff.

I have heard good things on the Hawk pads though, I may do that next. :thumbup:
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen many threads created by car enthusiests saying how great this product is, and how it lasts them up to 4 weeks through rain and washes, etc. I have shared the experiences from here, but have not told anyone to not use it, just as a precaution. Today, I had to get some stuff from the auto parts store and saw Armor All Wheel Protectant on the shelf. I picked it up to try for myself so I can recommend/steer away based on personal experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Ceramic and a GREAT pad.
    I just put them on thanks to Jamie at Street Side Auto in KCK. Best money I ever spent!ancing Dot:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke View Post
    I have seen many threads created by car enthusiests saying how great this product is, and how it lasts them up to 4 weeks through rain and washes, etc. I have shared the experiences from here, but have not told anyone to not use it, just as a precaution. Today, I had to get some stuff from the auto parts store and saw Armor All Wheel Protectant on the shelf. I picked it up to try for myself so I can recommend/steer away based on personal experience.
    After using this product for about 2 weeks, I`m with you on this one. I`ve completely reversed my initial thinking on this product. Seems like a Gimmick all the way.

Good pads + good wax/sealant = nice, clean wheels!
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates or revisions to opinions?

I just saw the ad for it and, of course they`re gonna make it look spectacular (GREAT ad). :-c

I am fielding questions from friends but have ZERO data and have not yet tried the stuff. :cursing:
    Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar`s/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar`s Distributor/Retailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    Any updates or revisions to opinions?

I just saw the ad for it and, of course they`re gonna make it look spectacular (GREAT ad). :-c

I am fielding questions from friends but have ZERO data and have not yet tried the stuff. :cursing:
    IMO Kevin, this product is useless. It does not repel break dust as advertised, It makes it no easier to clean the wheels, it washes off at the first sign of rain, and leaves a white residue on the wheels. As Bill said, clean and seal the wheels will make it easier to clean off the break dust.

I wish it did what it claims to do.ut:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    My IS350 had a huge dusting problem. I tried everything. NXT 2.0, Wheel Wax, Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant etc...

Minimal to no improvement depending on the product.

Finally, I found out Lexus offered a free swap of your brake pads to a ceramic pad, if you had less than 20k miles on the car. Needles to say, I jumped at the opportunity and have had NO dusting problems since.

Best move I`ve made.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought some back in March and still have not gotten a chance to use it.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information