Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    going to get a new honda accord soon ,What is the best thing to clean & condition leather not looking for it to shine or be slippery

Post Thanks / Like
    Since its new, the leather is coated, and weve beaten this to death so i dont want to start anopther debate. My sugestion is Griots Garage (griotsgarage.com) interior cleaner, and 303 protectant. This will give you clean, protected, non-slipery/shiny leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    There have been one or two conversations on this .

Check these out:

http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthrea...&threadid=4484

http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthrea...&threadid=4484

I have begun using Eagle one cleaner and conditioner which advertizes safe for clear coats as I continue to research this.

LC

Post Thanks / Like

Need help cleaning rims

These are the rims of a 2003 Toyota Highlander which are very dirty and it looks like there is some etching as well.
    I first washed the rims with soapy water then I used Black Fire Wheel and Tire Cleaner and no difference. Being that I just bought P21S Regular Wheel Cleaner I thought this would be a real test of how it works so I sprayed it on liberally and let it sit then washed it off and nothing came off. So I dried the rims resprayed a liberal amount of P21S and agitated it with my trusted tooth brush and let it sit for about 3 minutes, the max time stated on the bottle, then hosed it off...and no difference at all. Please let know what you guys recommend!!

These are photos of the rims after I cleaned them!!

Post Thanks / Like
    proffesional wheel acid and a brush, followed by a good pressure washer
    Paul
    Eastside Auto Spa

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guy

I had similar issues with a BMW. I worked one rim for 45 minutes with some products, got no where. It was suggested that I use Stoner`s Tarminator or Sonax Wheel Care (something like that); phenomenal- both of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had good success with Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener. Very strong, very powerful cleaning solution.

But high acid formula, so be careful not to get any on your paint and don`t leave it on the wheels too long. Spray, scrub, rinse, repeat.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 make sure properly dilluted, follow instructions, cool wheels, one at a time
    Paul
    Eastside Auto Spa

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 for Meguiars Wheel Brightener (mixed at 2:1.) I used it on several sets of wheels that looked like they would never be clean again, and it positively killed all the bad stuff on the outside and the insides of the wheels.

I spray it on first, then do the rest of the tire, white letters if it has them, use a BMW wheel nut brush to do them, then last, use a variety of brushes to get all the brake dust crud off. This has been the best wheel cleaner I have found to date..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try Wheel Brightener, not only will it melt on the baked on dust like seen there, it also removes staining. Just be sure to know what kind of wheels you are working with, and make sure you wear gloves (at the very least) when using.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa View Post
    ...and make sure you wear gloves (at the very least) when using.
    Might want to consider a mask or respirator as well. That stuff is pretty stout, it`ll clean yer sinuses in ways you don`t want!

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Just follow the helpful hints offered above. Never fails to amaze me the expectations on how wheels that are neglected for years will clean up. Shame on you! A little maintenance along the way, some sealant applied on a regular basis and those wheels would clean up with car wash soap and some agitation. O.K. now get to work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you use Wheel Brightener on clear coated wheels? I have a set of chrome rims this weekend on a GM Truck and I know they cleared. Also, I`d like to use it on my Volvo rims and both the R`s and the XC`s are painted.

Sorry to hijack.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Post Thanks / Like
    I had good luck with Brown Royal. Plus it is safer than WB.

http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/sh...ht=brown+royal

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner. It is PH neutral, and it works wonders.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information