Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars endurance. The purple thick gel. I use an old cyclo "white" pad to apply it. quickly "dab" the tire prior to the vehicle`s first ride after being cleaned...then gtg. Lasts a while!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently applied UTTG to my tires and it lasts and lasts. Folks looking for glossy tires won`t like it though. For those that just want the tires to stay clean and black, give it a shot. Lasts on your rims as well.
    As far as looks I think Opti Bond is still my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Original Armor All.......and a brush.......
    @-)

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t see anyone mention Vinylex. While I wouldn`t suggest it on exterior trim, I love this stuff on tires! No sling at all and leaves a natural, even, deep satin finish and it lasts a car wash or two...

Here`s a tip for anodized wheels...
    Anodized wheels are very sensitive to acidic wheel cleaners, creating white drip stains on the finish. Once they are there, you have to refinish the wheel to get rid of them. However, after a swipe of Vinylex, they look brand new afterward. The stains just disappear. NOT a permanent fix though, just a cover-up. Porsche, in the owners manual, actually recommends protecting their anodized wheels with a coat of vasoline.

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer Opti-Bond as well. Just curious though, some places seem to push a spray gun one can use for applying the Opti-bond with compressed air. Does anybody apply tire dressing in this fashion? Seems like to me it would be a bit messier with the overspray factor than dabbing an applicator and going around. But like most other detailers out there Im sure, we got to have our new toys and this spray technique kind of intrigues me even though I have no compressed air.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll toss in that I also love Zaino Z16 (as my favorite to date) but understand others may have had different experiences with it. I`ve heard MANY good things about Opti Bond both here and elsewhere. Seems to be another favorite.

As others have pointed out, one of the most important keys with dressings is to thoroughly clean the sidewall prior to application (every time).

I will also mention that I`m still trying to kill a gallon of Ardex tire dressing that was given to me for free and while it`s ok, I`m anxious to get back to Z16. I`ve made a couple of appeals to Sal Zaino about offering it in larger quantities but he reiterates the need to maintain QC with the current packaging. I`m not sure how that can be a reason though.

Post Thanks / Like
    My present favorites

1. Surf City Garage "Beyond Black"
    2. Mother`s FX Tire Shine
    3. Showroom FX "White Pearl"
    4. DG 253

I`ve been please by Beyond Black`s durability on our CR-V`s tires.

Not all of the dressings adhere well to the smooth walls of my high performance tires on my S2K. They all look great initially, but Mother`s appears to hold up better than the others. But further testing is need to confirm this initial, and tentative, judgment.

Anyway, given the low price for such a large bottle, I would think that professional detailers would give Mother`s FX very serious attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have started using Megs Hyper Dressing 4:1, spray on then wipe off. It looks pretty good, and lasts. Dont, I repeat DONT use Black Magic matte tire shine!! After I used it for a while, I coundnt get that crap off my tires, HD degreasers, steel wool, nothing will take it off. It almost looks like my tires rusted on the side walls. It is slowly.....slowly wearing off, but I havent used it in atleast 8 months now.:cursing::cursing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Z16 all the way! I love the fact you have so much control with how it looks. Also ZERO sling and GREAT longevity. Plus, after a while when it`s wearing off a bit, I can just use the same sponge and with a couple circles around the tire the sheen is right back and often don`t need to use more product for a couple uses.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information