Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I solved my "tire gel sling" problem after doing some research. I noticed that my tires had a considerable amount of brown film build up from old tire gloss, plus general road grime. My wheels also had some caked brake dust from the last couple long road trips. So, today I decided to deep clean my tires and wheels.

1. Tires: Westley`s Bleche White. Let dwell for about a minute, scrubbed with tire brush, and the results were amazing. The dirt and grim rolled right off. After tires were dry and clean, I applied Blackfire Tire Gel, let it dry for 1 hour, drove to dinner (highway 55mph), and no sling! I really think applying tire gel to clean tires allows it to bond better.

2. Wheels:
    Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener diluted 4:1. Let it dwell for about 40 seconds, and cleaned with EZ Detail Brush, 1" detail brush, and boars hair wheels brush. Sealed with Menzerna FMJ.

I have to say Blackfire Tire Gel left a beautiful finish on my tires!

Post Thanks / Like
    I go between 303 and 1Z`s Vinyl & Rubber Protectant (Tiefenpfleger). Both have decent durability and my tires usually look black but not shiney.

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the two best points made in this thread are the point about different brands (rubber compounds) of tires taking to a given brand of dressing differently and the point that you have to clean you tires thoroughly before you apply any dressing if you want the best results.
    My car has Michelins on it and my wife?s has Bridgestone?s. I will use both when trying a new dressing or cleaner. It is amazing to see the difference in how they both react to different products.
    Products to consider to deep clean the rubber are Meguiars APC, Optimum?s Power Clean or our own Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner. Any of these will clean any old dressing as well as the brown ?gunk? and give you a good base to start from. Your dressing will look better and last longer.
    My two cents on the dressings I like, of course our Blackfire Long Lasting Tire Gel. If you are getting this to "sling" you are probably using too much. Apply a coat, let dry a few minutes, wipe and enjoy or apply another coat for more shine, let dry again a few minutes, wipe and enjoy. I also like Optimum`s Opti-Bond. Works well on exterior trim, holds up well and you can`t beat it for the price.

jk

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t like tire shine. Looks cheap IMO. I just dress the fenderwells :2 cents:

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on the tire for me. If it`s a general all season tire that you find on your average car truck or suv, I like using the Stoner More Shine aerosol because I think those types of tires look better with more gloss. For a performance tire or any tire with a smooth sidewall, I actually like to use Griot`s Rubber and Vinyl dressing and buff it in with one of their blue foam pads. I think a smooth sidewall looks better with a nice sheen.

I like to use either an aerosol or paint the tires with a 4" paintbrush.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was disappointed in the Zaino as well. I have the DG high gloss tire shine and it`s nice. I primarily use the DP gel and when it runs out I have a gallon of Opti Bond waiting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dpk204 View Post
    It depends on the tire for me. If it`s a general all season tire that you find on your average car truck or suv, I like using the Stoner More Shine aerosol because I think those types of tires look better with more gloss.
    I`ve used More Shine for a while and wondered about the rename from More Shine Less Time. I noticed along with the name change the longevity suffered. Suspecting a reformulation I sent off a missive to Stoner`s. Here`s the reply I posted here n there:

The product you recently purchased retail is most likely item number 91086 or 91084. As you observed, it is not the original item 91044. What you have now is a water-based product. The original is solvent-based. In the simplest of terms, we were forced to reformulate the product due to the most recent CARB regulations. The California Air Resource Board determines that certain products cannot be shipped into their state if they contain certain raw materials or no longer meet VOC requirements. Because our retail store customers are not willing to ship specific versions of product to different states, they now only purchase the new version to go to all states.

The good news is that we still make the original for our business to business and consumer customers. As long as your shipping address isn`t in California, we can ship the original to you.

A case of 12 cans of the original 91044 is $40.87, or $3.40 per can
    delivered.

More Shine is still a decent product but not as good as the original MSLT. I noticed Summit Racing is still peddling MSLT on eBay and also on their Web site for $3.99. Since their Akron store is only 40 miles away I`m gonna hop on the bike and run over and stock up on the original formula.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the ones I`ve tried;

1. Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel
    2. Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel
    3. Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
    4. DP Gloss Tire Gel
    5. Meguiar`s Hot Wheels Spray

Tire gloss 1 - 4 are all premium products and you won`t be disappointed with any of them

I tried Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel and DP Gloss Tire Gel this past weekend and both were impressive immediately after application. The tires still look great after 4 days so time will tell.

Meguiar`s Hot Wheel Spray is available at most local stores and for the price does a decent job however it doesn`t last more than a few days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    I too love Opti-bond
    Like DP alot as well

Post Thanks / Like
    My new favorite is DP.
    Dwayne

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum Tire Shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino Z-16 is really nice. DG 253 is a nice replacement ... similar look, but IMO DG 253 lasts longer. Here are my favorite ones.

1. Surf City Garage "Beyond Black"
    2. Showroom FX "Pearl White" similar to SW Pneu
    3. DG 253
    4. Zaino Z-16
    5. OptiBond

Post Thanks / Like
    Megs ASD or HD.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    I like meg all season dressing and fk 108.

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-Bond.....................

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information