Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still working on finding the perfect dressing. I would love to try Opti-Bond though!
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don`t have a favorite. Many water based dressings look very similar to me. I don`t like gels.

One product I used to declare my favorite for tires was grape dressing by hi temp (or was it topoftheline product) it was petroleum based and seemed to evaporate into the tire while immidiately leaving a brand new finish. I don`t think you can buy it in many states anymore.

I use z16, and 303 primarily.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Megs Hyper Dressing or Hot Shine, both I spray on, wait a bit, then wipe off, leave nice dark tires, not much gloss. I used to use some Megs gel stuff, but now most tires have the ridges on the sidewall and I could never get it even using an applicator, now I just spray and wipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like all the Zaino line up....but dont care for the z-16...even after two coats it still looks like a tire....no sheen...er not much.
    There leather products are like none other....smell wonderful !...clean and soften too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone use 303 Aerospace? I tried it this weekend and it leaves the tires with a like new finish. It doesn`t leave them glossy or shiny, just nice. The product also protects your tires from fading, etc. (according to the manufacturer).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    I like all the Zaino line up....but dont care for the z-16...even after two coats it still looks like a tire....no sheen...er not much.
    There leather products are like none other....smell wonderful !...clean and soften too.
    I would say the exact opposite about your findings of the Zaino line. I would say z-16 has mucho shine, and their leather products are dang near identical to many out there.

Not arguing with you, it just shows that different people get different results and ideals about the same products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTampa View Post
    Anyone use 303 Aerospace? I tried it this weekend and it leaves the tires with a like new finish. It doesn`t leave them glossy or shiny, just nice. The product also protects your tires from fading, etc. (according to the manufacturer).
    Love 303 on tires, if you add a second coat you will see how much 303 can shine, of course that`s all dependent on the user.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Brice View Post
    I would say the exact opposite about your findings of the Zaino line. I would say z-16 has mucho shine, and their leather products are dang near identical to many out there.

Not arguing with you, it just shows that different people get different results and ideals about the same products.
    I would say the same thing. Z-16 has awesome shine I think and the smell of the leather stuff is what I like the best, but it`s not a great cleaner/conditioner. But, the smell is awesome.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm,
    could I have a bum bottle of Z16.... ya know, I have always noticed over the years,sum tires like after shave....sum dont....could be the tires I have wont warm up to the product...
    My Camaro has P Zeros....I hate um ,they suck....$1500.00 for four I am told....and Conti `s on my other new one....I dont care for the complexion of either one of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm,
    could I have a bum bottle of Z16.... ya know, I have always noticed over the years,sum tires like after shave....sum dont....could be the tires I have wont warm up to the product...
    My Camaro has P Zeros....I hate um ,they suck....$1500.00 for four I am told....and Conti `s on my other new one....I dont care for the complexion of either one of them.
    I have thought that about a few products through the years. Either it didn`t look like everyone else` or it didn`t perform close to everyone else` findings.

I think the possibility of a bunk batch, or yours had just gone bad somehow is likely. If you had the same z16 that is in my bottle, you would not say it had no sheen.

Swords O Swayze:Swordfight:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm,
    I also hate my p zeros awful wet traction. awful wet traction. I punch it at a light and it`s a smoke show. the only good thing is they seem to wear good compared to most ultra high performance tires.

I Like the 303 on my tires.

How does the z16 compare to the 303 on tires in terms of shine?

Post Thanks / Like
    For me I love to use a solvent based dressing on tires. Does not give it the glazed doughnut look and I like the durability of the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I currently use Blackfire Gel with a foam applicator, but it still seems to sling all over my car. I don`t over apply, and let it dry for at least 1 hour.

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mtechnik View Post
    I currently use Blackfire Gel with a foam applicator, but it still seems to sling all over my car. I don`t over apply, and let it dry for at least 1 hour.

Any thoughts?
    For any tire gloss that I use that has the tendency to sling, I`ll normally wait an hour or more, then wipe it gently with a microfiber or a clean sponge. With all the grooves and stuff on the sidewalls of today`s tires, it`s hard to get all the excess off of them.

I stick with Zaino Z16, it`s the best bang for my buck and doesn`t sling a bit and you can control the shine as well.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Post Thanks / Like
    I like using a Blue Solvent base dressing. Gives a real nice dark shine and great durability and no sling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information