Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Don`t throw out those brushes yet, We`re check with EZ Detail about these and see what they have to say. Stay tuned............:wizard:

To Late, mines probally already been turned into a box of sandwhich baggies :doh:

Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Here`s where the break occurs. You can see that`s the weak point....

If you place your hand above the handle and below the bristles, that area won`t bend. But it`s more awkward to use that way.
    Thanks for the pic Bill ^ :Christmas Hat:

My feelings are if they would jam that stem about 1/2-3/4 way down the handle it would increase the durability 1000% :2 cents:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Thanks for the pic Bill ^ :Christmas Hat:

My feelings are if they would jam that stem about 1/2-3/4 way down the handle it would increase the durability 1000% :2 cents:
    You`re right. They and they need to re-think the wire material to something that won`t weaken every time it gets a little pressure applied.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bill and Raymond;

Bill for the Pics which are exactly perfect and that is where both my small and large brush have broken.

Raymond, I like the idea of using a spring steel arrangement for the stem of the brush, but I dont know how they could attach the bristles to it unless it is able to twisted over and over all the way up the stem from the handle.

It looks like the type of wires they use are soft enought to be twisted together, trapping the bristles in it as it goes, so that they are held tightly and dont pull out, which they dont, in my experience.

So perhaps the idea of using stronger wires - (does spring steel bend like this wire?) - and have it be as efficient in holding all the bristles in place, might be a better solution..

Anytime a metal is bent back and forth enough it causes metal fatigue and eventually the metal will crack or break at that point.

I dont know how they do it, where they buy their wire, if it has any certain spec`s that make allowances for repeated bending, etc., or if they got a bad batch of wire from a foreign country, etc., that has caused all these brushes to fail.
    All I know is that I hardly used my 2 new EZD brushes, because I already had some older Tampico bristle brushes that NEVER broke, and the small version broke first, and the larger one broke later.

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Thanks Bill and Raymond;

Bill for the Pics which are exactly perfect and that is where both my small and large brush have broken.

Raymond, I like the idea of using a spring steel arrangement for the stem of the brush, but I dont know how they could attach the bristles to it unless it is able to twisted over and over all the way up the stem from the handle.

It looks like the type of wires they use are soft enought to be twisted together, trapping the bristles in it as it goes, so that they are held tightly and dont pull out, which they dont, in my experience.

So perhaps the idea of using stronger wires - (does spring steel bend like this wire?) - and have it be as efficient in holding all the bristles in place, might be a better solution..

Anytime a metal is bent back and forth enough it causes metal fatigue and eventually the metal will crack or break at that point.

I dont know how they do it, where they buy their wire, if it has any certain spec`s that make allowances for repeated bending, etc., or if they got a bad batch of wire from a foreign country, etc., that has caused all these brushes to fail.
    All I know is that I hardly used my 2 new EZD brushes, because I already had some older Tampico bristle brushes that NEVER broke, and the small version broke first, and the larger one broke later.

Dan F
    ****************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^****************
    Hello Dan F/
    *Spring Steel* will bend,but would come back to original shape.I don`t know if there`s stainless spring steel wire,similar to what they use,but if there is,maybe it could work.It wouldn`t rust.It should have bendability where users can apply pressure,to get into difficult areas w/o worrying about breakage/ancing Dot: Maybe,instead of using a Rubber Tip,they could take the wire and make a *Continuous Loop*,w/Bristles all around,as opposed to a Rubber tip covering the point,as to not damage/scratch or chip the Wheels` finish/:wizard:.One cannot see the if the tip comes off when scrubbing w/soap/wheel cleaner/etc.,between the spokes.It`s a thought,anyways/.Hopefully they`ll design something soon,as I`m sure other detailers have spent enough $$$,and major complaints,w/a less than durable brush...
    Regards/
    Raymond
    *It`s Nice To Be Important* But It`s *More Important To Be Nice*[Quote from a Very Dear Friend & Ex~Boss:*Mr.Joseph Minieri*] R.I.P.Always/
    May God Bless & Keep *Our Troops Safe/ 24~7*/:angel:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Raymond -

Great ideas you have there, hopefully someone will make an attempt at doing this right, for not only us but all the Detailers/closet Detailers/car-nut-detailers, heck the whole dang bunch of us guys and gals!!!

Thanks for your insight and follow through !

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine broke soon after a few uses. I didn`t complain about it at the site because it seems that when you have a valid complaint, the fan club jumps on and accuses you of not using it correctly because theirs is perfect and never had a problem.

You all know what I`m talking about.

I have a friend working on a better detail brush. Hopefully we`ll have a prototype soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just don`t make me put something on my cordless drill. I don`t really like those things either.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfire View Post
    Mine broke soon after a few uses. I didn`t complain about it at the site because it seems that when you have a valid complaint, the fan club jumps on and accuses you of not using it correctly because theirs is perfect and never had a problem.

I have a friend working on a better detail brush. Hopefully we`ll have a prototype soon.
    Ooooh. Definitely keep me posted on your friend`s progress. I`m need a new brush!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfire View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Mejia View Post
    Ooooh. Definitely keep me posted on your friend`s progress. I`m need a new brush!

^^^ x2 :toetap05:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I`d jump in on this one. I`ve been using these brushes for quite a while now with no problems. After I received my first one I realized that repeated bending would fatigue the metal and I would have the same complaint as many others. What i did was get a second brush and keep one straight and the other permanently bent. The one that is bent is bent at about three inches away from the handle. Both get a lot of use during the outside washing season(Michigan) with no problems. I did have the plastic cap come off on one but I retrieved it and glued both on securely with no further problems. For sure these brushes could be improved, but at the risk of being flamed, a little common sense goes a long way. After all the wire isn`t made from unobtanium!

Let the games begin! :Boxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by POPPAJ View Post
    Thought I`d jump in on this one. I`ve been using these brushes for quite a while now with no problems. After I received my first one I realized that repeated bending would fatigue the metal and I would have the same complaint as many others. What i did was get a second brush and keep one straight and the other permanently bent. The one that is bent is bent at about three inches away from the handle.
    Good plan! I`ve found that it takes a conscious effort to NOT bend the brush when using it. I always keep it as straight as possible.

I`ve also thought of attaching a piece of wood or metal for reinforcement (zip ties) and recessing it down in the handle a few inches. Haven`t tried it, but it might work.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep those letters and postcards coming !

So we have 3 (?) users that have had no problems and all the rest have had them break = 97 % failure rate.

I`m glad they dont break for some of us; I have done alot of wheels that have alot of thinner slots to put the brushes through (E39 M5 wheels for example), and while not trying to bend them, the brushes have to be getting some side-to-side pressure anyway, so this imho also causes the metal to fail.

Who knows, maybe a bad batch of foreign non-QC`d wire got through???

I am sure that everyone here uses these brushes in a non-rough manner anyway - who wants to yank them out of a wheel fast and get splattered with dirty brake dust soap anyway?

Hope PAC can come up with a satisfactory solution for everyone here; now multiply this against all the other Detailing Sites that sell this product, have had similar problems, and now what do you have ?

I guess I may have to go back to the old standard, stiff wire shorter tampico bristle brushes of the past??? Please dont make me do that !!!

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Cool *;O]*

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Hey, Raymond -

Great ideas you have there, hopefully someone will make an attempt at doing this right, for not only us but all the Detailers/closet Detailers/car-nut-detailers, heck the whole dang bunch of us guys and gals!!!

Thanks for your insight and follow through !

Dan F
    ***************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********** **
    Hi Dan/
    Thank You...I think that the company will do something pretty soon,as *Spring`s a Coming*/ancing Dot:.Another thing they could try,is to make the stem part the breaks,*Thicker* and maybe alittle wider.Keep the Length,but,again,thicker,so if one *Does*,apply alittle more down pressure than normal[Sometimes,we all do that] to get that stubborn spot,it will not break/.
    So maybe that could be an option for them too...Take Care.
    Best Regards/
    Raymond
    *It`s Nice To Be Important* But It`s *More Important To Be Nice*[Quote from a Very Dear Friend & Ex~Boss:*Mr.Joseph Minieri*] R.I.P.Always/
    May God Bless & Keep *Our Troops Safe/ 24~7*/:angel:

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The company is working on a solution, will keep you all inform of it when we get it..........:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just used a brandy new one today - nice brush but I can see where the failure point would be a PITA.:thumbup:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information