Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I have bought the big one and the smaller one, and both have broken off at the handle!
    It appears that the wire they use to make these must be defective or something - if you bend it to get into wheel openings, etc., after awhile, it just breaks off - at least for me.

Anyone else have this problem??

Now what do I do with 2 broken wheel brushes ?

Dan F
    I bought one online about a year ago. Lasted less then 2 weeks :cursing:

Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    The internal wire is like coat hanger wire. If you bend it enough, it`s going to break. The weakest point is right above the plastic handle, where the most bending occurs.

I had one break and I bought the "Daytona" wheel brush, which is almost identical to the EZ Detail Brush, except the "coat hanger" is a little stiffer. I`ve used it for well over a year and no break.

But I did learn a lesson from the EZD experience of bending at the handle.

I really work hard NOT to bend the wire.

(I reallize that it is designed to be bent, but it will weaken the metal!)
    I feel they (EZ) designed this brush to only last a short time. Most user`s do not use the brush on a daily basis so they may be able to get a year`s use out of it. At that point they`ll probally feel like it "sure was a knuckle saver", so they purchase another

If the designers of this brush would jam the wire down into the handle 4-6 inches it would last much longer. At this point the wire only goes in about 2inches ut:

Bill,
    Thanks for your input - I thought it just must be me - but Im very careful with all these tools and never bent these brushes hard or quickly, to get in between wheels.
    Maybe the name should be changed to We-Make-EZ-Money-for-our weak-a$$-detail-brush

Angelo, this is my official complaint - please forward to the people who make these lame tools - what is the warranty for these? I spent what maybe $40-45 for the pair from PAC ??

Dan F
    I nicknamed the brushE-Z "Break" Brush

I`ve started using a cat litter box for my wheel brushes

This way your not having to bend the brush when your baptising it into the solution of your choice :blacksmith:

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    I will forward this to our buyer and also to Jack.
    If it were me, I would discontinue selling that item. Or at least sell it with a disclaimer Da Rules!

I am very fortunate to be able to get just about everything I use here locally. But, I did order this brush online last year as a single item and the total ended up being upwards of $40....It "Really" makes me hesitant to "Trust" an online seller who promotes a piece of overpriced garbage such as the EZ Wheel Brush :2 cents:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    This is one of the biggest complaints about the EZ Detail Brush. The other being the rubber tip that falls off of the top. I had one break on me already and wasn`t pleased. Unfortunately, there is not another brush like it on the market.

If I could find one OTC that performs like the EZ Detail Brush I would throw my EZ in the trash.
    Autozone must be so displeased with there model they have discontinued them.....They are on clearence as we speak for 1 penny each...Theres a trick to purchasing them though, The managers will tell you anything that rings up for a penny they must keep and destroy/throw away. You have to grab as many brushes as you can find along with 3 or 4 regular priced items.....The next day return the other junk and get your money back...I was able to snag 32 of these brushes as of today and there is still another dozen Autozones here locally I am going to do my best to hit this week :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Macgirl View Post
    Not to say these are perfect brushes, but I`ve bought 3 and they`ve all worked fine. 2 I`ve given as gifts to others but, so far so good, and I would know since they were given to my brother and father-in-law.
    For someone who will only be using this brush once or twice a month, they may be happy with it. If you go trying to do 20-30 wheels a week...Depression will set in rapidally

Post Thanks / Like
    Flash, sorry to hear that it isn`t working out for you. I do use my brush at least once a week when the weather is good, but I can see your point, not professional grade build-quality for the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macgirl View Post
    Flash, sorry to hear that it isn`t working out for you. I do use my brush at least once a week when the weather is good, but I can see your point, not professional grade build-quality for the price.
    Hey MacG, don`t sweat it. The money I`m saving with these Autozone brushes will more then make up for my losses due to >>> "The EZ Break...Urrh... Wheel Brush" :cornut:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive broken at least 4 big EZ brushes and 1 little one the same way

The daytona brush is more durable but mine is on its last leg
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    My EZ brush broke after only a few months of relatively light use. The Daytona Brush holds up much better, but I know the stem is slowly weakening.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have bought the big one and the smaller one, and both have broken off at the handle!
    It appears that the wire they use to make these must be defective or something - if you bend it to get into wheel openings, etc., after awhile, it just breaks off - at least for me.
    My first one broke after about 6 months of weekly use. E-mails to EZ went unanswered so I dropped the vendor a line. He replaced it. Like Bill, I now take great care to avoid bending close to the handle. These things were originally designed as a motorcycle brush, I don`t think the manufacturer envisioned them getting so popular as a wheel brush and the tougher usage.

My small one is like new although it doesn`t get much bending.

While the Daytona Speed Brush is a bit stouter I`m careful about bending near the handle with it too. I can see it`ll end up the same way if you`re not careful.

Now what do I do with 2 broken wheel brushes ?
    Use it without the handle for stout usage without fear of it breaking. One guy on another Forum drilled out the other end of the handle deeper than the original, trimmed back the plastic sheath and stuck it in and says it works better than before. YMMV.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa View Post
    My EZ brush broke after only a few months of relatively light use. The Daytona Brush holds up much better, but I know the stem is slowly weakening.
    Yes, the Daytona is definitely stronger, but still has the same weak point at the top of the handle.

The key to making it last is to not use force or pressure that causes bending of the wire.

It seems like if the wire was rigid, rather than bendable, it would be a much more reliable product (both EZD and Daytona).

It would be different if they cost 8 bucks... I`d just buy them by the case, use `em for a month and toss `em.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    It would be different if they cost 8 bucks... I`d just buy them by the case, use `em for a month and toss `em.
    You could still do that. I`m sure Jack & Co. would appreciate the business. :devil:

TL

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t throw out those brushes yet, We`re check with EZ Detail about these and see what they have to say. Stay tuned............:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll pile on here too! I broke 2 EZD brushes before getting the Daytona brush. I`m being careful with that one given my experience with the EZD but it`s only a matter of time for that one too I think.

It`s a shame because for the utility factor it`s a good inner wheel reach brush.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all for your time to input your experiences with these 2 items from EZ Detail.

I am glad that they are working out for at least some people, but the difference in the number of broken brushes is not a good sign for this Vendor`s products in my humble opinion.

Cant we just get a product that will work without failing for that much money??

I really dont mind paying hard earned dollars for something that is going to last and do a great job for me.

If I were the Engineer here for these products I would want to test how much force is being put on the joint of these brushes when the brush is wet, full of soap, and being slowly pulled and pushed through different sized openings, most of them smaller in diamater than the brush bristles.

There has to be a way to calculate that force and then, decide how strong and flexiable the wire needs to be, right ?

I would`nt care much if it was less flexible in order to be stronger and not break when you are in the middle of cleaning some really dirty M-5 multi-spoke wheels on a deadline.

I respect that these are supposed to be used on Motorcycles, etc., but what makes that easier on the brushes so they dont break as often? Nothing ! I bet they break even more on motorcycles since they have way more places to use them, dont you think ?

Thanks Angelo and Jack for following up on this - looks like more than a few people out here have experienced the same problem, so we have a Trend that needs to be looked at by the Vendor.

Wonder what happens if you Google EZ Detailer broken brushes????

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    I respect that these are supposed to be used on Motorcycles, etc., but what makes that easier on the brushes so they dont break as often? Nothing ! I bet they break even more on motorcycles since they have way more places to use them, dont you think ?
    I`ve got 3 motorcycles in the garage that I use EZ Detail brushes on. Curiously enough, most tight spots I need to clean that I can`t get to by hand are a straight-in, straight-out proposition. Very little bending or flexing involved. I agree with you 100%, I`d like to see a serious redesign of these brushes with a mucho stouter shaft even at the expense of bending and flexibility.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Cool *E-Z Detail Brush*

Mornin` Guys/
    I was initially impressed reading about how good this wheel brush is/ancing Dot:...I still have not bought one,though.I guess I`m lucky
    to have waited.It *is* ashame to hear about how cheap the brush is made in comparison to the high/:money: it sells for.
    IMOPO,as after reading this thread,like other guys have mentioned.I truly believe that *Quality,even alittle more,should Match the :money:*
    of Any Product that`s used on a Daily Basis.With that,I was thinking that maybe the metal design could be better
    if the company used a *Semi-Ridgid,Stainless Srping Steel* [If possible] instead of this cheap wire.As far as the Rubber Tip,they could possibly
    use a waterproof/chemical resistant adhesive so it will not come off.If I had this brush,I`d squeeze a dab of my *PDR Glue Gun Stick* into the
    rubber cap and push it on the wire strand.With the Spring Steel,one could bend it to get into tight places w/o worrying that it`ll break in short time useage.
    Put on a Nice *Textured Rubber Handle Grip* like I have on a Mothers Curved Tire Brush.There would be alot of Happy Pro Detailers and
    DIY`s[Like me] that would embrace the brush with open arms.It`s an Idea a Thought,maybe good and maybe not.
    But until they Improve it...I`ll *Not* waste the $$ to buy one.Take Care.
    Best Regards/
    Raymond
    *It`s Nice To Be Important* But It`s *More Important To Be Nice*[Quote from a Very Dear Friend & Ex~Boss:*Mr.Joseph Minieri*] R.I.P.Always/
    May God Bless & Keep *Our Troops Safe/ 24~7*/:angel:

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s where the break occurs. You can see that`s the weak point....

If you place your hand above the handle and below the bristles, that area won`t bend. But it`s more awkward to use that way.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information