Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heres my take on tire dressing:

If your entering your car in a show, by all means greasum up real nice and shiney(thats what most wanna see)

However, on a daily driver for me. I beleive,clean the tires/wheels and wells very thoroughly and then apply dressing to the "Wells Only" :smile:

Putting tire dressing on a daily driver is pointless, and in my opinion stupid. Best your gonna get is 100miles worth of shine and if you drive the Interstate you want get 50miles of shine. 70mph+ that stuff heats up and either evaporates are slings everywhere I dunno, but it ain`t there no mo

On top of that and my biggest reason is: Even when you apply dressing by sponge(no spray) the stuff gets on the wheels I don`t know how.(Maybe Togwt could chime in and give a scientific reason :notworthy: ) This attracts brakedust, hence wheels get filthy quicker

When I apply dressing to the wells, I have some old tire covers that came off a Bronco I wrap the tires and wheels to protect from being infected by the posion of Tire Dressing

Dressing the wells while having the tires/wheels spotless IMPO highlites the tire/wheel package better then some ole greasy mess on the tires :cursing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres my take on tire dressing:

If your entering your car in a show, by all means greasum up real nice and shiney(thats what most wanna see)

However, on a daily driver for me. I beleive,clean the tires/wheels and wells very thoroughly and then apply dressing to the "Wells Only" :smile:

Putting tire dressing on a daily driver is pointless, and in my opinion stupid. Best your gonna get is 100miles worth of shine and if you drive the Interstate you want get 50miles of shine. 70mph+ that stuff heats up and either evaporates are slings everywhere I dunno, but it ain`t there no mo

On top of that and my biggest reason is: Even when you apply dressing by sponge(no spray) the stuff gets on the wheels I don`t know how.(Maybe Togwt could chime in and give a scientific reason :notworthy: ) This attracts brakedust, hence wheels get filthy quicker

When I apply dressing to the wells, I have some old tire covers that came off a Bronco I wrap the tires and wheels to protect from being infected by the posion of Tire Dressing

Dressing the wells while having the tires/wheels spotless IMPO highlites the tire/wheel package better then some ole greasy mess on the tires :cursing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, I hate that stuff so bad I doubled posted...Sorry Sleep

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Dang, I hate that stuff so bad I doubled posted...Sorry Sleep
    Out of curiosity, have you tried Z16?

That is the ONLY product I`ve used that lasts and best of all, will not sling.

Just wondering if you have tried it, just in case you get someone that wants shiny shoes.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Z View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you tried Z16?

That is the ONLY product I`ve used that lasts and best of all, will not sling.

Just wondering if you have tried it, just in case you get someone that wants shiny shoes.
    No, I have not tried it ^

Meguiars Hot Shine works as good as any. It has limited sling w/maxium shine at minumum cost. Hard to beat that combo

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I have not tried it ^

Meguiars Hot Shine works as good as any. It has limited sling w/maxium shine at minumum cost. Hard to beat that combo
    Speaking from experience, there is no comparison on the two, Z16 flat out BLOWS it away, not even close. The two things I like about the Z16 is that you can control the shine, one thin coat will give you a nice flat black look, one heavy coat will give you a nice moderate shine and two coats will let you trim your nose hairs in the gloss. :w00t:

The other reason I won`t use another product is that as long as you let it dry, it flat out won`t sling. I`ve put three coats on mine, just to experiment and no sling whatsoever, as long as you give it time to soak in/dry.

Not trying to push something on you that you don`t like in the first place, but just sharing my experience, just in case you get some nut that wants to trim his nose hairs in his tires and demands no sling! :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Z View Post
    Speaking from experience, there is no comparison on the two, Z16 flat out BLOWS it away, not even close. The two things I like about the Z16 is that you can control the shine, one thin coat will give you a nice flat black look, one heavy coat will give you a nice moderate shine and two coats will let you trim your nose hairs in the gloss. :w00t:

The other reason I won`t use another product is that as long as you let it dry, it flat out won`t sling. I`ve put three coats on mine, just to experiment and no sling whatsoever, as long as you give it time to soak in/dry.

Not trying to push something on you that you don`t like in the first place, but just sharing my experience, just in case you get some nut that wants to trim his nose hairs in his tires and demands no sling! :thumbup:

If your convinced this product will change my way of thinking towards tire greasing then I will PM you my address and you can send me a bottle for an "HONEST" review :StarWars:

Christ-X is just round the corner yea know :biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    If your convinced this product will change my way of thinking towards tire greasing then I will PM you my address and you can send me a bottle for an "HONEST" review :StarWars:

Christ-X is just round the corner yea know :biggrin:
    No, I totally understand your stance, you don`t like the slimy/shiny look, I`m okay with that, in fact I like the flat black look as well. I`m not trying to change your stance on tire dressings in general. It`d be like trying to convince me that I should use BBQ sauce on my smoked meats. I find it to be a punch in the face when I spend all day smoking meat and then I see someone take a mass produced bottle of BBQ sauce and drown out the taste of my carefully prepared meat!! Anyway, I digress.

All I`m saying is if you have a client that really wants the shiny/slimy look and you want a product that will give you that without the sling, Z16 is the stuff. :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like

Tire Dressing sling

I use auto magic tire dressing, but here`s the key to tire dressing. It has to be even on the tire. When using a spray bottle it`s never even because you spray and move around the tire, so the first stroke of the spray bottle is heavy and the end is light. With that being said you need to find away to make it even. What I do now is apply tire dressing with compressed air. One it`s completely even and two it uses less dressing. I`m attaching a picture of my set up and is the best way I know on how to apply dressing rather it be on the tire or the fender well area. Let me know if anyone else is doing this or anything similar.
    the tool is called an engine cleaning tool from Home Depot you can find it in the tool section. Cost is about $12.00. I always make sure the tool is above the bottle when not in use so the dressing goes back into the bottle to keep the tool lasting as long as possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information