Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I think I have my answer.

Dude, that Avitar is really hasrhing my mellowlol
    I will find something much worse in the near future, but she will remain for a while.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I will find something much worse in the near future, but she will remain for a while.
    Oh boy.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Tire dressing to me is an insult to all the hard work I`ve preformed

Its kinda like putting steak sauce on a finely marinated ribeye or touching an artist painting ut:

Not only does it sling junk on the paint, it also attracs dirt/brake dust

I dress the wheeel wells and leave the tires alone
    The dirt part is true if you are using a silicon based product, which is not good for your tires anyway. I have some stuff I use from BND Automotive that absolutely will not attract dirt. It is a rubber/vinyl protectant and it will block out harmful ultraviolet light that will eventually dry rot the rubber. I use it under the hood on the hoses and all the plastic also. You can even use it on all the seals like doors, trunks, and sunroofs. It leaves a clean, not overly bright, shine but is not in anyway greasy to the touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Z16, Optimum Tire Gel and believe it or not Armor All Tire Gel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I always clean them thouroughly with APC and a tire brush dipped in car soap before I dress them. I also dry them with a leaf blower. I guess I am putting it on thicker then I think I am.
    I`ve found that cleaning tires with a dedicated tire cleaner works better than an APC. Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner really CLEANS your tires well the first time, even after a nasty winter when my tires may not get a thorough cleaning until the temp`s are above freezing. Once they`re clean I opt for a water-based dressing like 303 or 1Z Tefen, none of the oil/silicone based dressings I`ve tried have NOT slung no matter how clean the tire was, and that`s including Meg`s Endurance. EF Black Sapphire was OK but I just don`t care for those oily feeling dressings.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only 100% sling-free dressing I`ve used is Werkstat Satin Prot. I believe Einszett Tiefenpfleger is similar. Everything else I`ve used has shown some sling out of the hard to buff areas like around letters. I`ve never had anything sling off the tire onto the paint, though. That must be pretty heavily applied.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried Stoner More Shine this past week on our CR-V`s tires. It really is easy--maybe 15 seconds per tire. I let the tires sit for a couple of hours to allow them to dry thoroughly. It leaves a high gloss finish--my wife loves the look. I have checked the car each day since--no sling at all. Maybe I just got lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Its kinda like putting steak sauce on a finely marinated ribeye or touching an artist painting ut:

I`ve had many customers tell me.... "Don`t put anything on the tires!!!!! I hate that stuff!"
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you are looking for perfect tire dressing - get SV Pneu or Tropi-Care white pearl...water based, no sling, and amazing durability...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I`ve been using System One`s Licorice Black tire dressing.

I like the satin sheen, dark black appearance, and it`s dry in 10 minutes with no sling whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using Meguiar`s D170 HyperDressing diluted to Satin finish [water based]

Obvious prep is key, but beyond that I apply it from a spray bottle. Hit all of the surface area of the tires, and sometimes the wheel-well if they could use some sheen. I ensure the surface is covered and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. I come back and use my 5" MF applicator to wipe any residual dressing off of the tires. Dabbing and swiping I work my way around until the dressing covers everything, and at this point, most of it has bonded with the tire and the remaining comes off and generally goes onto the visible parts of the wheel well.

I have yet to have slinging issues and I believe this method works well. YMMV

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wfedwar View Post
    The only 100% sling-free dressing I`ve used is Werkstat Satin Prot. I believe Einszett Tiefenpfleger is similar. Everything else I`ve used has shown some sling out of the hard to buff areas like around letters. I`ve never had anything sling off the tire onto the paint, though. That must be pretty heavily applied.
    I have and use the Einszett and it leaves a clean matte look. Doesn`t sling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I`ve had many customers tell me.... "Don`t put anything on the tires!!!!! I hate that stuff!"
    Sounds like my kinda ppl :driving:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like my kinda ppl :driving:
    They are probably thinking of the super wet stuff. I don`t like that either.

For those people, just to make the tires look new, I will use a water-based dressing, then wipe it off quickly with a towel, so they look black, but no shine at all.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I always make a point to ask, shiny or flat.

I like dressing, but I don`t like it SUPER shiny. I like a nice deep black look.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information