Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Just came back from a TOYOTA dealership in Warren, Michigan, just down from a HUGE GM Plant. Looked at a Camry in the showroom and they had a breakdown of parts. 80% American, 20% Japanese + a little blurb on the sticker about how the car was built in an "American plant" using "American workers" making "American parts" blah, blah, blah...
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    It`s pretty hard to find wheels that AREN`T made in China!!! Factory Corvette wheels are made in Italy, but most of the aftermarket wheels available are made in China.

Good old American muscle, rollin` on Chinese wheels.......Don`t you just hate that?!
    I thought that even corvette wheels were made in china. I have a friend that works for an automotive industry supplier and he was telling me that the wheels on the z06 had a nasty habbit of exploding when hitting a pot hole. Come to find out that american wheel had been contracted for the al wheel construction. American wheel was about a month from banging up shop permanently so to stay afloat they subcontracted out the Z06 wheel contract to a chinese foundry. Well it was found the chinese subcontractor was not using the al alloy specified nor the heat treating called out. If you know anything about working with aluminum you know when the right alloy is called out along with the right heat treat everything works out just honkey dory. If the wrong alloy and heat treat is used things can go to hell in a hand bag very quickly.

Who got to eat the bill for the bad wheels not American wheel they filed for chapter11. Gm did and got the new wheels from the same sketchy foundry in china. You can`t make this stupidity up.:banghead:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information