Post Thanks / Like

Good golly miss molly what a tire cleaner

After a detailig job got canceled today,I decided it was time to wash ol yellow.Staring with the tires I decided to try something new.I bought a bottle of CG grime reaper back in april.Just never have used it cause I know after smelling it ,it had acid in it. But I decided to try it on my tires ,and great day in the morning!!My tires ain`t ever been this clean.Grime just melted off.I did use my tire brush to help it along ,but this is some stout stuff.Probably need to diluate it .Anybody else ever use this stuff?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NIBBLER View Post
    My tires ain`t ever been this clean.Grime just melted off.I did use my tire brush to help it along ,but this is some stout stuff.Probably need to diluate it .
    Wow! That`s quite a testimonial! I`ll definitely consider this. I usually use Westley`s or Purple Power APC, but I think this product sounds like a winner!!!:smile::smile::smile:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just another product I need to check out I am gonna order some amazing roll off so I will be seeing how that works as a tire cleaner as well

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a gallon of amazing roll off coming in tuesday.Will have to see how they each compare to cleaning tires.

My tire cleaner up till yesterday was meguiars APC Plus D103.I also use it for interior clening including leather.It does ok on tires but not great.

I have read a lot of negatives about grime reaper from people who have tried it and some who have never used it ,but jumps on the bandwagon.

With all my other cleaners .I am pleased with results,but finding a gud tire cleaner has been another story.
    I detailed a car thursday evening ,and she didn`t remember the last time it had been washed.The tires looked like crap.It took three scubbings on each tire with the 103,and still they would not come clean.

Had the grime reaper at the house on the shelf.That would have been the ultimate test for this stuff.

Am gonna wash the the wifes truck today .Her tires are worse than mine were ,so will let ya`ll know the results on that later on today.

If it does as well as yesterday ,I will be ordering a gallon of this stuff come monday.ut:

TOGWT
    Use caution with this product - Sodium hydroxide (NaOH), also known as lye and caustic soda, it`s a corrosive alkaline (pH 13.5) substance (a caustic metallic base). Sodium hydroxide forms a strong alkaline solution when dissolved in a solvent such as water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT View Post
    Use caution with this product - Sodium hydroxide (NaOH), also known as lye and caustic soda, it`s a corrosive alkaline (pH 13.5) substance (a caustic metallic base). Sodium hydroxide forms a strong alkaline solution when dissolved in a solvent such as water.
    :iagree:I agree to use caution when using lye. I`ve had lye do some damage to my fingernails in the past! Grew back fine, but they were still bumpy and ugly for a few months!
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

The results are in

Well I just finsihed the wifes truck and tires ,and the results are in.

First let me say that I agree 100% with TOGWT.This is some stout stuff.Using gloves would be a gud idea.

Test consisted of meguiars apc plus D103 Ful strength,Amazing roll off full strength.(I found some stuck back on the shelf:biggrin
    And Grime reaper>40 60>60 being water.

U see last night I decided to mix up what I had left with water to see how gud it would do diluated.

Let me first say that your results may vary,and all three of these products are very gud.

And I have only used maybe 4 or 5 tire cleaners since I started detailing.

Let me now say without a doubt I have found my new tire cleaner,and will be ordering a gallon from CG on monday.Even watered down that much, junk just melted off. The other two did a good job using it full strength,but
    didnot clean the tires like grime reaper did.I even went back over the other 2 tires and couldn`t believe what it got off.

Doing folkes cars that arenot washed but every 2 to 4 months with all the dirt roads,grvel roads and back roads ,tires get extremly bad.The first wash is always the worst cause it may have been a year or more since the last wash.I does get frustrating at times trying to get tires clean .Now I feel much better now.I am not saying that this stuff is gonna clen every tire like it did on both of my vehicles .But what I saw is enough for me to say that as of right now,this moment I am very pleased with what I saw.:clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Nibbler... thanks for the write-up!!! Sounds like a winner...
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Undiluted Purple Power has handled every task I have thrown at it. Even the work trucks that are washed every five years.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been using ARO for the past 4 years and works fine for me on washing the tires and wells on all my rides and my customers too. I also been using lately is Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner works like a champ!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    Undiluted Purple Power has handled every task I have thrown at it. Even the work trucks that are washed every five years.
    Never tried Purple Power full strength!!! I always use it 50/50. I guess for the REALLY tough jobs though!
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. View Post
    Just another product I need to check out I am gonna order some amazing roll off so I will be seeing how that works as a tire cleaner as well
    After a bit of use, I would rate it an amazingly...average tire/rubber cleaner; even at a very generous 1:1 dilution. I think it`s strength is perhaps in the marine arena; cleaning spider/bug leavings from vinyl/canvas canopies, fiberglass/gel coats.

Thread Information