Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a few bottles at a close out store. $1.98 each. What a deal!

I can see the slime and grime float to the surface. It does leave the tire naked too! Mine required two coats of dressing to bring them back to black.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfire View Post
    I picked up a few bottles at a close out store. $1.98 each. What a deal!

I can see the slime and grime float to the surface. It does leave the tire naked too! Mine required two coats of dressing to bring them back to black.
    You just had to do it, didn`t yea...Grease up them tires again J/K...lol :tongue:

I should claim. And I just thought of this and its something I need to remind myself of more often

When I evaluate a detailing product. I look at it from a different point of view then someone who is buying/useing to clean there DD/Wifes car and occasional freind/relative

OP, If you want greasy tires on your car, then by all means greasum-up :biggrin:

One last thought....Where does all this dressing go? Does it evaporate into thin air or what?

Think About It. I would love a theory or 2 on this matter :toetap05:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    One last thought....Where does all this dressing go? Does it evaporate into thin air or what?

Think About It. I would love a theory or 2 on this matter :toetap05:
    It goes the same place that single sock goes every laundry day, into the ether. It`s a conspiracy... probably a grassy knoll involved somehow. :biggrin:

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, didnt this Wesley`s stuff use to come in a metal can with a pump sprayer?? Seems like I used to use it like that back in the late `60`s on my `69 Camaro SS/RS Pace Car raised white letter Goodyears.. It used to make me gag if I accidently inhaled it. Bad stuff obviously, but really cleaned the heck out of the letters. Used to use a very small square brass bristle brush on just the letters and they turned out blinding white..
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Wow, didnt this Wesley`s stuff use to come in a metal can with a pump sprayer??
    Eggzactly. I don`t think anyone ever finished a can because the sprayer would start leaking around the pump stem and it`d be totally shot long before you got to the bottom of the can.

I still use it for electrostatic furnace filter elements every couple of months. You`re right... stand upwind and don`t inhale!

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    It used to make me gag if I accidently inhaled it. Bad stuff obviously,
    Definitely bad stuff. Very toxic. I`m extremely careful not to inhale it... to the point of holding my breath while spraying it!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

TOGWT
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I use it all the time. Two of my daily drivers have raised white letter tires...
    I found this on a back shelf and used it on a Jag`s whitewall`s - Eimann Fabrik Tyre Cleaner & Whitewall Brightener is specifically designed to clean tyres it also contains optical brighteners to clean and refresh whitewalls and white lettering.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information