Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoRay View Post
    I notice that no one recommends the Aerosol Tire Coatings?
    Is there a reason for this?
    I have used these in the past with nice results.

No Touch Wet`N Protect Finish
    Black Magic Tire Wet Foam Aerosol

It looks like I am going to go with the Eimann Fabrik Ultra Black Tire Dressing.
    I like Mequiar`s Hot Shine Foam, but I like a satin finish, so I spray it on, let if foam, then wipe dry with an old microfiber. Smells pretty good too. It works well on sidewalls with a lot of texture on it.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by superman112 View Post
    Hi,

Just as the title says.. any suggestions for tire dressing? I have used spary, gels 3 different kinds and no matter if I put it on the tires and wait 2 hours... buy the time I get to my destination theres tire dressing spots all over the side fenders and rims. Whats do you all recomend? A different product or a different technique? Help!
    Zaino Z16, i have tried many non look or last like it.
    Only drawback is its price.
    Apply multi coats if you like shine.
    Single coat for me, looks great, looks sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!
    Like this::drool5:

Claude:smile:

Post Thanks / Like
    The best tire dressing I`ve used up to date is Tropi-Care White Pearl. It is identical to SV Pneu, without huge price tag, and without passion fruit scent. It outlasts ALL other tire dressings I`ve used up to date and lasts 3+ weeks on my daily driver, where junk like Megs Endurance high gloss doesn`t even lasts a week... those that used it know what I`m talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does everyone apply their tire dressing, mf towel, mf applicator, foam applicator, sponge, one of those curved foams made for tires? Do you spray right onto the tire or on the applicator?

Post Thanks / Like
    I clean the tire with Eimann Fabrick Tire Cleaner, then dry and apply 303 or 1Z Tefen. I spray the product on a curved foam tire applicator, apply to tire and let soak in for about 5 minutes or so, then briskly buff off with an old microfiber.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a new cleaning process since I have purchased new tires recently. Seems like my BF Goodrich All Terrains like a good cleaning with Bleche Wesleys and a tire brush dipped in car wash soap. This seems to make the white lettering come back alive and really go white!

Then I use either Meguiars All Season Dressing or NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire coating and a microfiber applicator to apply.

I want to try PB B&B and the Blackfire Tire Gel soon.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Im a big fan of the old tire dressing that had the glitter in it:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokeman View Post
    Im a big fan of the old tire dressing that had the glitter in it:
    I remember that stuff!

It was popular at car shows until they figured out that it took points away from their cars by the judges! Man that stuff was ugly. (didn`t last long in the stores either!!!):
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustangous View Post
    How does everyone apply their tire dressing, mf towel, mf applicator, foam applicator, sponge, one of those curved foams made for tires? Do you spray right onto the tire or on the applicator?
    I use the curved foam applicator with my Zaino tire dressing.

Another product that is very good stuff, but different, is the Griots Garage stuff. It`s a thick black gel that you spread on. It absolutely doesn`t sling off and you can either get a matte finish with one coat or a little more glossy with two. It lasts through multiple washes as well, I like it, it`s just a bit messy to apply.

90% of the time I use the Zaino, it`s very shiny and never slings.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Post Thanks / Like
    I go "old school" on this one. I still use 303 and/or Lexol on my interiors and tires. For the tires, I spray protectant directly on a curved foam applicator and apply, in some ways, rubbing in the protectant. The sharper curved ends of the applicator let me get right into where the tire meets the rim. I rarely get protectant on my rims. If the car sits for a hour or so, I rarely need to wipe off afterwards.

I store the applicator face down, in a plastic container that came with some Brillo sponge pads my wife had. It fits the applicator perfectly and I`ve recycled. The lid snaps shut, the applicator is safe and ready to go, and I never get protectant on my hands.
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one here who likes Armor All Original?

After thorough cleaning of the tires, a single coat gives me the look I want, satiny with a hint of gloss. I`ve been using the stuff exclusively for about 2 years now, and see no need to switch (plus it`s dirt cheap and can be picked up locally). Durability is right where I need it to be, ie. once the car is dirty the tires no longer shine but still retain the black look, on my ungaraged car you could still tell the tires had something on them after a week with no rain.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information