Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so anal about my tires that I give them a quick shot of Tire Dressing just about every day, on my daily driver. I`ve found that the water based dressings don`t sling even when "layered"! (Haha)

I usually QD my daily driver every day also, but that`s another discussion... you know... "Don`t you have tons of swirls?".
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if it`s the time of year, but I`ve noticed recently several different threads on several forums about tire dressings. I recently did a Google search on tire dressings that give a matte finish. I found a couple of old threads (at least five years old if not longer) in which a number of people expressed their preference for 303 Aerospace Protectant. But no one seems to be using 303 anymore for their tires.

Does anyone out there have any experience with 303? Do you like it? How does it look?

TIA.
    Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I am so anal about my tires that I give them a quick shot of Tire Dressing just about every day, on my daily driver. I`ve found that the water based dressings don`t sling even when "layered"! (Haha)

I usually QD my daily driver every day also, but that`s another discussion... you know... "Don`t you have tons of swirls?".
    After i QD the paint I will laways touch up the tires with a trigger spray.

I cant stand it whe the slightest amount of sling occurs either.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

TOGWT
    Quote Originally Posted by superman112 View Post
    wow.. alot of info to take in account. Im sure most of my issues is my technique. I`ll try that hyper dressing.. maybe what I`ll do is try and use less and try and dry the tire after the 1st application. Zaino stuff is nice but alittle over priced.
    Detailing relies on the correct preparation procedures and the correct methodology to obtain pristine results.

If in doubt -Ask -none of us started as experienced / knowlegable detailers; it takes time, you learn by doing and (learning) from your mistakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    I found a couple of old threads (at least five years old if not longer) in which a number of people expressed their preference for 303 Aerospace Protectant. But no one seems to be using 303 anymore for their tires.

Does anyone out there have any experience with 303? Do you like it? How does it look?

TIA.
    Al
    I`ve used 303 Protectant for years and it is excellent. Also provides excellent UV protection and a low gloss sheen.

IMO the reason you don`t read much about 303 recently is because it`s not the "latest and greatest". It`s an older product that just happens to be a great product.

A lot of forums have a "flavor of the month" mentality that says...If it hasn`t come out in the past 6 months, it must not be any good!

I completely disagree. I still use 303 on my dash and interior vinyl and plastic parts. The only reason I don`t use it on tires is cost. A little pricey to use as a tire dressing.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Info!

Todd you said a mouthful (as usual) and are spot on

I have a lot of Blackfire gel to use up before trying something new tho I like the Blackfire product the Megs hyper sounds like a versatile product.
    Dave - confirmed egotist

Auto Detailing - Cuz you want to be noticed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Never tried Z16 but supposedly DG 253 is so close - you couldn`t tell them apart so I`m getting the DG , currently I have BF gel - great stuff but not for my customers - only on my ride!

I agree with Todd on Hyperdressing - never could get it to look right or last worth a sh!t on my tires, I like HiTemp Grape (old preVOC) version and a couple from Majestic for detail jobs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egoXtension View Post
    Great Info!

Todd you said a mouthful (as usual) and are spot on

I have a lot of Blackfire gel to use up before trying something new tho I like the Blackfire product the Megs hyper sounds like a versatile product.
    Sorry, I tend to get carried away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Sorry, I tend to get carried away.
    Ya think?
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lately I have been putting some extra time in cleaning my tires and the result is a prepped tire that accepts dressing better,
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    Lately I have been putting some extra time in cleaning my tires and the result is a prepped tire that accepts dressing better,
    That`s an excellent point, Nick. :thumbup:If a tire is not properly cleaned, the tire dressing that is applied is just sitting on top of dirt, old tire dressing, dust, road grime, etc.

Thoroughly cleaning the tires before applying dressing definitely helps with the "sling" issue.

I also let it soak in for a few minutes, then wipe off the excess with a paper towel... no sling, plus a nice satin look.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this was already mentioned but I really like using Meg`s Hyper Dressing, I like to apply and then let it soak and wipe off whatever access I can. So far I have had no trouble with sling. If you dont want to use that I agree with the fully cleaned tire. It just seems to absorb the dressing better. And in some cases I have heard of people heating the rubber before applying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. View Post
    And in some cases I have heard of people heating the rubber before applying.
    Never heard of that one! But I do like to wipe off the excess after is soaks in for 5-10 minutes.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I notice that no one recommends the Aerosol Tire Coatings?
    Is there a reason for this?
    I have used these in the past with nice results.

No Touch Wet`N Protect Finish
    Black Magic Tire Wet Foam Aerosol

It looks like I am going to go with the Eimann Fabrik Ultra Black Tire Dressing.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What type of shine you want CR?
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information