Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyn View Post
    I am pretty certain they are cleared...I can almost see the coating on it..and they are Mercedes OEM modern wheels ...so I would imagine they would apply a clear coat on them. I will continue to wash them with soap and water only. The Mother`s wheel cleaner spray that i bought already will be use strictly on the brake caliber area only. Going forward I will try the Purple stuff you recommended if I can find it or with the Simple Green which is sold everywhere.

I suppose I can also polish the rims with the Menzerna 106ff as well huh?

BTW, I have ordered the PC kit from PAC and an extra bottle of 106ff (on sale right now)...should get it in a week or so
    Yup, you can use 106ff on the rims.

On sale?? Great... I`ve got that empty wallet feeling again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was using megs wheel brite - diluted 1:1 and one time I didn`t rinse the wheels first, the WB etched them in a few places requiring polishing to restore the looks. Trying to save time cost me more time. I only use Majestic Solutions Super Green 1:1 now, but I heard a good tip from another detailer - add about 4-6 oz of CG CW&G to the Super Green spray bottle, makes the solution stick to the wheels and work better, I`m going to try that ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    I was using megs wheel brite - diluted 1:1 and one time I didn`t rinse the wheels first, the WB etched them in a few places requiring polishing to restore the looks. Trying to save time cost me more time. I only use Majestic Solutions Super Green 1:1 now, but I heard a good tip from another detailer - add about 4-6 oz of CG CW&G to the Super Green spray bottle, makes the solution stick to the wheels and work better, I`m going to try that ASAP.
    Would that be JL and the foaming sprayer? Man, another thumbs up I`m reading about MS SGS...
    So many products to try, not enough cars to try `em on...

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Purple Power also, it seems to get all the crap off just as much as the more expensive stuff. U can get it at any Wal-Mart also...:thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like

Purple Power did a great job removing the brake dust

from the barrel of the wheels....but I had a hard time removing the brake dust from the brake caliber itself....so I was not able to clean it off completely...don`t know why..any ideas??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Simple Green and Amazing Rolloff

I use 50/50 simple green concentrate and water mist on wheels and tires and then mist on Amazing Rolloff, let sit for a minute, aggitate and rinse thoroughly. This combo has cleaned almost anything and everything I have tried it on, wheels, tires, engines, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, you are mentioning about the SG doing damage, what would it damage? how does it affect aluminum? Good on clear coated wheels or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustangous View Post
    Hey guys, you are mentioning about the SG doing damage, what would it damage? how does it affect aluminum? Good on clear coated wheels or not?
    SG in it`s concentrated form is very corrosive to aluminum, and, if left on paint long enough (including clearcoated wheels) can also damage the paint and/or clear.

I`ve seen SG stain and oxidize unclearcoated aluminum in a matter of a few minutes... (learned the hard way!!!):cursing::cursing::cursing:

Even diluted, I wouldn`t use it unless you use the "Simple Green Automotive" formula, which obviously is made for cars/trucks.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    P21 Wheel Gel Cleaner is what I use, I just stay away from Simple Green for the fact that it`s corrosive to metals and I don`t want problems from it.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackfire Tire and Wheel Cleaner. Excellent stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I used to use SG all the time. But it is SO STRONG! I would have to dilute it so much, there was barely any cleaning power left!

I started using Purple Power (Advance Auto Parts)... 5 bucks a gallon, dilute 50/50 with water and it won`t hurt aluminum.

It is also excellent for cleaning pads, microfibers, etc. I keep a gallon right next to the washing machine also.
    Very interesting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information