Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire cleaners

Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to cleaning a dirty tire i use Meguiars APC with a Megs Versa Angle Tire brush. Meguiars NXT Tire Cleaner isnt bad either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I generally use some sort of APC but I just picked up a can of Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Foam, I didn`t expect much figured I would try it and if it didn`t work I would delegate it to wheel well use. I will probably do just that but not because it doesn`t work, it actually worked very well cleaned a pretty dirty tire and left a really high gloss finish. That`s actually the reason I`ll be using for my undercarriage the shine is just a bit to much for me i like rich dark black tire with little shine. What I did like about this product was it`s cleaning ability and it still left a shine, pretty cool to me. I think I will try it on my engine compartment too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I love EO Tire Cleaner. I remember when Sears was clearing out all of their EO stuff. I got bottles for a $1 and still have a couple left. I just got some Amazing Roll Off and have to compare the two.
    ARO is very good. I think you will like it Pat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to believe that Amazing Roll Off is ideal, the cost is also very nice too. I use it also to clean canvas tops before treatment. I really like it for boat details, so versatile to use.

Cheers,
    GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I have to believe that Amazing Roll Off is ideal, the cost is also very nice too. I use it also to clean canvas tops before treatment. I really like it for boat details, so versatile to use.

Cheers,
    GREG
    Yeah, I was very impressed with how well it did on the wheels/wells of those last cars we worked on. Simple Green *cleans* that well, but it doesn`t leave the tire and plastic wells looking nearly as good. ARO left a very deep, black, matte finish that almost looks like it`s already been dressed with a dedicated tire dressing. One coat of Z16, and those tires looked sweet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle One A2Z is still a very good product for both wheels and tires. Cleans them up nicely. It now comes in an aerosol, which I haven`t tried, but plan to.....:thumbup:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Morning,

My favorite is Eagle One Tire Cleaner. Luckily I still have a few bottles left as I used to buy it by the case. But now, I save it for the worst of the worst. Otherwise, I use Meguiar`s APC+ which works well, but not like the EO.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Green Aussie cleaner concentrate

this is a natural product blended in Australia from natural oils and plant soaps
    it`s unreal on tyres and also at any cleaning job and even shaving and showering with it

Post Thanks / Like
    Good old stiff hand brush, a bucket of warm water with some mild soap and good old elbow grease. No Chemicals. Just got some of that new Wheelwax Extreme Black and will be trying it soon, all of those shiny coatings are a waste IMOP, they don`t last.

TheGunnyRet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunnyRet View Post
    Good old stiff hand brush, a bucket of warm water with some mild soap and good old elbow grease. No Chemicals. Just got some of that new Wheelwax Extreme Black and will be trying it soon, all of those shiny coatings are a waste IMOP, they don`t last.
    I have tried the old stiff brush, etc. and it does not remove the dirt, browning, etc. on all tires. It seems Michelins with the molded little ribs, etc. are different that mostly smooth surface tires.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have tried the old stiff brush, etc. and it does not remove the dirt, browning, etc. on all tires. It seems Michelins with the molded little ribs, etc. are different that mostly smooth surface tires.
    some tires clean up easier than others, sometimes a simple APC or Tire Cleaner wont do the trick and a degreaser is requires.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information