Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle wax tire paint/coating aerosol can

This is a gem hard to find because it was pre seal and shine and they stopped making it a while back. It last of my stock so I pulled it out it is close to paint and thick. No pigment. Turtle wax made a second coating that had dye both where great.

Pictures are of 1 coat it is a very glossy coating for tire because I’m assuming it is not water based the other turtle wax coating with the dye that one seemed to be water based like the the rest of market tire coatings.

This one is more durable but easy to screw up if over applied it cracked or if tires not cleaned it flake but the parts that did bond had paint like durability hot water pressure washer and 15 degree tip was only way to remove. There might be a few cans left out there but this was pre seal and shine products and product will be old. Tire brand new 500 miles never saw silicone so they were a good set to break this out for.

one of the pictures is on a white paper plate and another has too much product and looks white on tire.

Also the rims have opti clear coat resorter on for over 2 years it’s held up well no flaking or chipping the wheels need to be refinished but opti worked well I sanded and wiped 2 heavy coats on and released it into the wild
    Thanks bigltc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle wax tire paint/coating aerosol can

Here is small little update around 200 miles and 2 rain storms
    Attached Images Attached Images

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks similar to Meguiars Ultimate Black
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Looks similar to Meguiars Ultimate Black
    yea it looks like a solvent based silicone with the high gloss but it’s like tuff shine or mckees tire coating it’s some type of acrylic or paint odd stuff. I do a few up date I usually get 60-90 day without having to do tires just clean with car wash soap and brush

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

By the 3 week mark the Meguiars UB is fading.

I bought some Tri Nova tire dressing. Initial impressions are that it`s pretty decent.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I should state u have to the normal tire coating prep multi rounds of water based degreaser until the foaming coming off the tire stays white then use solvent prep wipe I use wipe new. Then only one coat of the coating which did not dry after a few hours so I used heat gun so it’s labor intensive. But it does last longer than a majority of acrylic tire coatings because it’s solvent based and many times thicker than the water based thin coatings. If this did not last very long the products would stink to use but because it does good on tires I invest the time. I had been looking for this for a while and oddly it popped up. I have also screwed up the application in the past and it was a horrible experience I could not get it off with chemicals I had to blast it off with hot water pressure washer and 15 degree tip.

Post Thanks / Like

William_Wallace:
    Do you use some type of cover for the rims to protect them from over-spray OR do just wipe the over-spray off the rims with a cloth OR do you spot wash the over-spray off with a APC/De-greaser cleaner soaked cloth??

I know someone makes special rim covers in the various common diameter-sizes of product vehicles for using aerosol sprays on tires, but I have not heard about them for some time.
    My suggestion? Find a plastic lid/cover from a garbage can that is close in diameter to your rim size and use that as a protector when spraying tires. Might look kind of Red Neck when you do it, but hey, whatever works!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    William_Wallace:
    Do you use some type of cover for the rims to protect them from over-spray OR do just wipe the over-spray off the rims with a cloth OR do you spot wash the over-spray off with a APC/De-greaser cleaner soaked cloth??

I know someone makes special rim covers in the various common diameter-sizes of product vehicles for using aerosol sprays on tires, but I have not heard about them for some time.
    My suggestion? Find a plastic lid/cover from a garbage can that is close in diameter to your rim size and use that as a protector when spraying tires. Might look kind of Red Neck when you do it, but hey, whatever works!
    Lovin mine since 2019

Use for wheel cleaners to protect satin paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Lovin mine since 2019

Use for wheel cleaners to protect satin paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats fantastic problem solver I’m looking now! Thanks
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    William_Wallace:

Thanks for this. Once in awhile I used to save card board boxes and make a grand plan of cutting it to cover the wheel but never actually did it and the card board went back into recycling bin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Thanks for this. Once in awhile I used to save card board boxes and make a grand plan of cutting it to cover the wheel but never actually did it and the card board went back into recycling bin
    Always thinking!!! That`s a great suggestion using large sheets of cardboard and cutting out a circle.
    What is even funnier is that a subsidiary company I worked for made punch die machines for making these cardboard cutout discs for the pizza & packaging industries in various sizes.
    I also have a beam compass for drawing large circles used in my manual drafting days for drawing large diameter gears, some time called bull gears, and rolls used in the paper converting and printing industry. So it would be easy to trace/draw a large diameter on a cardboard sheet and then cut it out, although my cutting skills with a scissors isn`t much better than a young elementary school student. I could then use double-adhesive back tape to hold it on a rim. Another "red-neck" methodology, but hey, it probably works!!
    (Queue Jeff Foxworthy saying, "You might be a Red Neck if you cut out circles from cardboard and tape it to your wheel rim to protect it while applying aerosol spray tire shine.")
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Here what looks like around 2 weeks not washed since a week+ ago

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don`t care for the aerosol overspray. I prefer to apply with an applicator.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is 6 weeks In. I haven’t washed tires for 3 weeks and the rain from hurricane cleaned them good enough. I also did some work replacing struts and wheel bearing.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I`d consider it needing a new application at the 6 week mark. They`ve lost the black gloss.
    Likes bigltc liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information