Thread: Dry Ice

Post Thanks / Like

Dry Ice

You guys see these videos of cleaning the engine bay with dry ice? It looks spectacular, but the machine is waaay pricey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USfxCEhw8wc

Hoping they might come out with an "enthusiast" machine. Would make quick work of tired engine bays.
    Thanks re-tired thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dry Ice

But where does the nasty stuff being cleaned off *go*? Down into areas where it`ll be even harder to clean off? I dunno....

Post Thanks / Like

There is a cleaning service in Peshtigo, WI that offers both CO2 cleaning services and purchase of their proprietary dry ice cleaning machines.
    It is Precision Iceblast Corp. No link due to forum rules, but you can Google it. It is more "industrial" for their services and machines.

I would think that someone who does a restoration on very expensive antique auto or vehicle may utilize this type of cleaning, IE, no water damage.
    What else is cool (pun intended) about this CO2 cleaning? You could dry clean a vehicle exterior at -20°F. Great for Green Bay WI in mid-January for Packer football fans and their vehicles at Lambeau Field for the NFL playoffs (think Ice Bowl!). Never mind, fans are NOT allowed, besides the exorbitant cost to do it (machine price and dry ice price).

Side note:
    With the current dry ice supply being allocated & prioritized to the COVID-19 vaccine distribution, it might be "difficult" to obtain CO2, even if a dry ice manufacturer/distributor has customers who need dry ice for their manufacturing processes. Or the market price of CO2 will be sky-high until this vaccination period is over. Kind of like the price of hand-sanitizer and N95 protective masks were in March 2020, IF you could find it.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Save the dry ice for the vaccine.

Post Thanks / Like

kind of reminds me of someone sand blasting with ice crystals

Like a cross between pressure washing and sand blasting

Post Thanks / Like

Very expensive for the average detailer, I believe the average cost is close to $12,000-$15,000 for the smallest units.

Thread Information