Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Ferrari 360 Spider Engine Bay

I have an ‘04 Ferrari 360 spider. I’m wondering if any of you cover the vents/grills to the side of the engine window to prevent soap or water dripping in. I was thinking of cutting some sort of rubber mat in the shape of the window and vents to limit the water falling in. Also, do you know of any videos or guides for cleaning a 360 engine bay? Do you have any APC suggestions? Or is this something I should just let a pro handle since I’m still learning the ins and outs of detailing? I’m learning in the other cars and a bit intimidated to do anything other than maintenance washes on the Ferrari.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ferrari 360 Spider Engine Bay

PoisonTheWell- Welcome to Autopia!

Noting that I know *nothing* about Ferraris....

I basically never use APCs in engine compartments, if only because most need rinsing and some aren`t aluminum-friendly.

I usually use solvents when a Rinseless/Waterless Wash product isn`t potent enough.

Note that once you get engine compartments really well-Detailed, it`s easy-peasy to keep `em that way as long as you do them at every maintenance wash (ditto for undercarriages).
    Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ammo frothe with a pump foamer. Foaming waterless wash works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Ammo frothe with a pump foamer. Foaming waterless wash works great.
    Is the Frothe a really heavy-duty WW? Wondering since, while I do *LOVE* my RW (esp. through the Tornador) for such stuff, I need something really potent for the Big Cleanups (which, if I`m lucky, are few and far between).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Is the Frothe a really heavy-duty WW? Wondering since, while I do *LOVE* my RW (esp. through the Tornador) for such stuff, I need something really potent for the Big Cleanups (which, if I`m lucky, are few and far between).
    I wouldnt say more potent. But the foam tends to stay better and longer in place.

If you watch some of larry’s videos he uses it on winter dirty cars i would never rinseless. And not before polishing but maintenance washes. I’ll say when it comes to feel it is most lubricious.

It was way far one of the most products i’ve been impressed with in my time detailing

Does the tornador heat the rinseless? How fo you use? Also does it need air? No compressor yetFerrari 360 Spider Engine Bay

Post Thanks / Like

PoisonTheWell- Welcome to Autopia!

Noting that I know *nothing* about Ferraris....

I basically never use APCs in engine compartments, if only because most need rinsing and some aren`t aluminum-friendly.

I usually use solvents when a Rinseless/Waterless Wash product isn`t potent enough.

Note that once you get engine compartments really well-Detailed, it`s easy-peasy to keep `em that way as long as you do them at every maintenance wash (ditto for undercarriages).
    Thanks! I found one video on YouTube where the detailer taped up some electronics and went at it with a pressure washer. I’d rather take the slow and tedious approach that doesn’t involve flooding the bay with that much force. I’m replacing the aftermarket airbox covers with OEM this week and I’ll give it a shot afterward. I’ll give the AMMO Frothe suggested by Coatings=Crack a shot with my IK Foamer. Thankfully it’s just dusty in there and has some water spots from maintenance washes dripping through the vents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    I found one video on YouTube where the detailer taped up some electronics and went at it with a pressure washer. I’d rather take the slow and tedious approach that doesn’t involve flooding the bay with that much force...
    I don`t blame you! Better safe than sorry. I`ll get some engine compartments very wet with zero trouble, but those are specific cases where I know I can get away with it (or at least have so far).

Thankfully it’s just dusty in there and has some water spots from maintenance washes dripping through the vents.
    Ah, that`s great! I bet the Frothe will work fine.

Does Frothe leave stuff behind..like the way IUDJ does? Used often enough, even really minimal..stuff.. will eventually make things a lot easier to maintain.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t blame you! Better safe than sorry. I`ll get some engine compartments very wet with zero trouble, but those are specific cases where I know I can get away with it (or at least have so far).

Ah, that`s great! I bet the Frothe will work fine.

Does Frothe leave stuff behind..like the way IUDJ does? Used often enough, even really minimal..stuff.. will eventually make things a lot easier to maintain.
    No nothing behind. Just clean

Post Thanks / Like

No nothing behind. Just clean
    In the video I saw the Ammo guy showed where the water was beading from the Frothe so it is leaving a little protection behind that would likely build up over time to make things easier to lean in the future. Not a ton of protection I’m sure but at least a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    In the video I saw the Ammo guy showed where the water was beading from the Frothe so it is leaving a little protection behind that would likely build up over time to make things easier to lean in the future. Not a ton of protection I’m sure but at least a little.
    Everything i’ve read and every video i’ve seen never once spoke to protection. Larry’s other products are designed to leave something behind layered. Frothe is just to clean.

What video is it that you watched? I would bet either the car is protected or most likely he dried with Hydrate as a drying aid. Frothe leaves nothing behind. I would use another product if your looking for protection.

Post Thanks / Like

It was the main Ammo Frothe video done by Larry but now that you mention it, he wiped with Hydrate after. Good catch and sorry for the confusion. He does mention that any Frothe that gets into cracks will evaporate away.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    It was the main Ammo Frothe video done by Larry but now that you mention it, he wiped with Hydrate after. Good catch and sorry for the confusion. He does mention that any Frothe that gets into cracks will evaporate away.
    Yeah it’s good stuff. If your thinking about trying it go for it. It’s to me, the best waterless/rinseless product out their.

I know some think his products are overpriced but Hydrate is absolutely worth it too.

I’ve tried Frothe in an IK, larry’s foamer and a Marolex. The Marolex is by far the sturdiest but larry’s works best with Frothe

Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If the Frothe doesn`t leave anything behind, I`d follow up with something that does. E.g., the way IUDJ`s protection (which I assumed to be very minimal) builds up over time has utterly astounded me. NEVER would`ve expected the kind of LSP-like effects in a million years, just *ASSumed* Garry was hyperbolizing again, but !oh man! was I wrong about that.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s weird as I’ve never tried Gary’s products but something about him leaves to believe his products are snake oil and way overpriced yet Larry has the opposite effect in me. Have no idea why...

Post Thanks / Like

It’s weird as I’ve never tried Gary’s products but something about him leaves to believe his products are snake oil and way overpriced yet Larry has the opposite effect in me. Have no idea why...
    IMO that`s perfectly reasonable, he can come across, uhm...[the way he does to people like you and me]. Like so many people, he can be his own worst enemy by *really* overdoing his "Online Version of Garry" schtick. Some folks love that, others, including Yours Truly, uhm...don`t.

BUT...

I had occasion to need something sorted out, and he was 100% stand-up perfect. Couldn`t have asked for more. And he sure didn`t have to handle it the way he did.

So despite my about his online persona, I am a firm believer that he`s a Good Guy and I think highly of him as a person for whatever that`s worth (and I`m pretty stingy about such praise ). I don`t *really* believe everything *anybody* who`s still in the Detailing Products Business says about whatever they sell, but I give Garry a much greater benefit of the doubt that I do most others, including some of the biggest names.
    Likes Coatings=crack, mc2hill liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information