Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ferrari 360 Spider Engine Bay

Poison the Well -- Have you posted this on the Ferrari forum?? Local club ??

I have detailed a couple of Ferrari`s ( a Top Speed, and a 360 Modena) and I just was careful to not get moisture on all the electrical connections, and they turned out fine..
    The company has done a great job of covering the compartment on purpose already, so covering up the vents, etc., that let in water like when it rains, is not going to hurt those places the water will naturally fall down into, before it drains out the bottom.. These 2 beauties engine compartments were enclosed so well already, that unless they are leaking fluids and making a mess already, they were not very dirty, except for the stainless steel over the exhausts, etc...
    Just be careful with all electrical connections.. They are always routed to where no water will get to them easily on purpose..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

AMMO FROTHe is on the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally gave the FrothE a try with an iK Foam Pro 12 with the green/dry foam tip. Really impressed with not only the thickness of the foam, because I was trying to limit the amount of water/moisture, but also the dwell time of the FrothE.

Found a few videos that had detailers using different methods. I opted to not use a hose or water, and no APCs, just foam parts and go over them with a detailing brush, wipe down with microfiber towels. I didn’t get too aggressive, but it made a noticeable difference. I’ll see if I can figure out how to post pictures.

I’m also going to see if I can find a rubber or foam mat large enough to cut to the shape of the grills in the window because soap and water just drip in when doing regular washes. Should cut down on the dirt and water spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    Finally gave the FrothE a try with an iK Foam Pro 12 with the green/dry foam tip. Really impressed with not only the thickness of the foam, because I was trying to limit the amount of water/moisture, but also the dwell time of the FrothE.

Found a few videos that had detailers using different methods. I opted to not use a hose or water, and no APCs, just foam parts and go over them with a detailing brush, wipe down with microfiber towels. I didn’t get too aggressive, but it made a noticeable difference. I’ll see if I can figure out how to post pictures.

I’m also going to see if I can find a rubber or foam mat large enough to cut to the shape of the grills in the window because soap and water just drip in when doing regular washes. Should cut down on the dirt and water spots.
    Go to uhaul and get plastic mattress bags and cut them to shape. Attach with a little auto trim tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack;[URL="tel:2190791"
    2190791[/URL]]Go to uhaul and get plastic mattress bags and cut them to shape. Attach with a little auto trim tape.
    Great idea! May use some sort of tube or moulding to help it keep its shape.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information