Post Thanks / Like

Engine bay cleaner

My engine is pretty clean, but it`s exposed through the rear hatch window, so I need to continously keep it clean and soap and water isn`t cutting it any more for some parts. Any recommendations for a decent engine cleaner/degreaser that I can apply easily every few washes?
    2016 Nissan Pathfinder: Family Hauler
    2020 Nissan Rouge: Home Depot Hauler
    2009 Audi R8: Ass Hauler
    2017 Jayco X17Z - Camp Gear Hauler
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Engine bay cleaner

Gunk has a spray cleaner and detailer that you can get at Autozone.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madflava View Post
    My engine is pretty clean, but it`s exposed through the rear hatch window, so I need to continously keep it clean and soap and water isn`t cutting it any more for some parts. Any recommendations for a decent engine cleaner/degreaser that I can apply easily every few washes?
    If some parts are not staying clean, are the valve covers leaking oil or something? Perhaps it would be good to get that fixed and it solves both problems?

Whenever I Detail an engine and compartment, I either use Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner mixed a little stronger, wet the engine first with pressure washer, spray the cleaner, let it sit for a bit, then pressure wash it all off...Comes out beautifully.
    If it`s really greasy and dirty, I use Meguiars Super Degreaser at 10:1 in a 32-35 ounce spray bottle, spray that down let it sit, and pressure wash that off.
    Both products for me, have always left beautiful, clean engines, compartments, and never hurt anything.. Works great on all the German marques..
    You have to be careful where you spray the engine of course..
    Then blow it all dry, let it sit outside or overnight, so it dries really well, and spray something over all the engine to condition the plastic parts, and make it all look like it just came off the assembly line again, the next morning..
    Good luck with this !
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Engine. You will thank me trust me.

Awesome product.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually, once I get things properly clean, I can keep them that way with QD-strength IUDJ as long as I do it every time. Using a Trim Sealant on some stuff (incl. surfaces that aren`t necessarilly rubber/plastic) can help keep things easy enough to clean that the IUDJ does the job.

On vehicles where the engine compartments just *WON`T* stay clean, I generally use solvents, which I try to keep off areas that don`t need `em. No need to rinse for one thing. But yeah, I can go through a gazillion swabs getting into the tight spots.

Gotta say that even the worst of mine never get all *that* bad as long as I do them every wash...not that I expect everybody to spend so many hours on it all the time.

Thread Information