Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    7,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Tire Foam, what`s good these days?

    I`m getting more pragmatic or lazy as time goes on. I picked up an old can of No Touch I had sitting around and used it. I was quickly reminded why I liked foam back in the olden days. Its so easy to apply and it gets the tires nice and clean. It wears well and no brown stuff after it wears off. So what`s good tire foam these days? Overspray is still an issue but I use old tshirts on the ground and wipe any that gets on the wheel off as I apply.

    I see AA, Meguiars, TW and even 303 have products.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tire Foam, what`s good these days?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I`m getting more pragmatic or lazy as time goes on. I picked up an old can of No Touch I had sitting around and used it. I was quickly reminded why I liked foam back in the olden days. Its so easy to apply and it gets the tires nice and clean. It wears well and no brown stuff after it wears off. So what`s good tire foam these days? Overspray is still an issue but I use old tshirts on the ground and wipe any that gets on the wheel off as I apply.

    I see AA, Meguiars, TW and even 303 have products.
    I just used a 3 dollar can of armor all natural finish and i was surprised how much i liked it. This is coming from a PERL user...... for 3 bucks its what ill use on my truck which is a pain in the ass.

  3. #3
    DETAILED TODAY? PA DETAILER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tire Foam, what`s good these days?

    https://www.autopia-carcare.com/dura...l#.XvtLPG5Fxjo

    You may want to look at the DG foam. I recall it being good.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

  4. #4
    Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    7,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tire Foam, what`s good these days?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I`m getting more pragmatic or lazy as time goes on. I picked up an old can of No Touch I had sitting around and used it. I was quickly reminded why I liked foam back in the olden days. Its so easy to apply and it gets the tires nice and clean. It wears well and no brown stuff after it wears off. So what`s good tire foam these days? Overspray is still an issue but I use old tshirts on the ground and wipe any that gets on the wheel off as I apply.

    I see AA, Meguiars, TW and even 303 have products.
    Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    I just used a 3 dollar can of armor all natural finish and i was surprised how much i liked it. This is coming from a PERL user...... for 3 bucks its what ill use on my truck which is a pain in the ass.
    I picked up a can of that, its under $4 at amazon. No Touch is getting hard to find now.

  5. #5
    Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    7,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tire Foam, what`s good these days?

    Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    https://www.autopia-carcare.com/dura...l#.XvtLPG5Fxjo

    You may want to look at the DG foam. I recall it being good.
    I love #253, so I`ll check it out for sure.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    12,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tire Foam, what`s good these days?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It wears well and no brown stuff after it wears off.

    I see AA, Meguiars, TW and even 303 have products.
    Back in my pre/early Autopian days I used to use the Armor All Detailer`s Advantage tire foam...but it surely turned brown after...of course I wasn`t doing any deep tire cleaning in those days...although I did use P21S wheel cleaner and would scrub the tire with the overspray/runoff from the wheel.

    I think you should consider a coating, after the initial work, it`s the ultimate lazy man`s tire dressing. They are too shiny for me when you first apply, but they tone down after a week or two.

  7. #7
    Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    7,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tire Foam, what`s good these days?

    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Back in my pre/early Autopian days I used to use the Armor All Detailer`s Advantage tire foam...but it surely turned brown after...of course I wasn`t doing any deep tire cleaning in those days...although I did use P21S wheel cleaner and would scrub the tire with the overspray/runoff from the wheel.

    I think you should consider a coating, after the initial work, it`s the ultimate lazy man`s tire dressing. They are too shiny for me when you first apply, but they tone down after a week or two.
    I can`t speak for many brands, but No Touch gets rid of brown (without scrubbing or anything) and the tires stay black. The falloff is great, the tires get less shiny. It is very gradual, unlike a something like Hyperdressing which seems almost binary, awesome until it rains then... "did I actually put something on these tires, I`m sure I did...."

    I love the idea of a coating and had good luck with Tuffshine on a few cars but the current car`s tires did not get along with it at all. And I was constantly applying more to get the look I wanted. And it never really did give me that rich black licorice look I like. I don`t want to spend 2 hours cleaning tires in hopes that a coating sticks and then have to re-apply. What is even worse is if you get bad results from the coating and have to remove it. Ask me how I know :-D

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    12,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tire Foam, what`s good these days?

    I`ve been using Optimum Gelcoat Restorer, yes you heard that right. It only comes in a quart and I bought it to try on some failing clearcoat on my wife`s beater car rear bumper (where it actually did something, not a whole lot, but more than nothing). Anyway, it seemed an awful lot like the tire coating Optimum came out with at the same time, so I tried it on the back side of one of my tires, and it behaved just like a coating, turned blue, the whole thing.

    So a few weeks ago I put it on the front sides of the tires on my car, I didn`t have any problems, but hey, that`s one set of tires. Full disclosure I have never dressed the tires on this car, I let a year go by for the greasy kid stuff the dealer put on to wear off.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. When were the good old days?
    By Bunky in forum Hot Tub
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-10-2015, 06:39 PM
  2. Foam Days
    By vitalcarcare in forum The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 08:01 PM
  3. tire shine on windy days.....
    By Mopar_Country in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 09:55 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 02:10 PM
  5. OMG, Armor All Tire Foam Protectant is good!
    By YoSteve in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •