Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Best way to dry a tire after dressing

Hi Everyone,
    I`m hoping I could get some advice on drying a tire after dressing it. I used Gyeon Quatz tire (blue stuff, not express) after prepping the tire yesterday. I applied using a microfiber applicator and massaged it in well. Let sit for a while, came back and buffed it down. Tires looked fantastic. Fast forward to this morning, drive to work and when I got there, the tire dressing seemed to have oozed out of the design on the sidewall creating shiny spots around letters and grooves. It didn`t sling onto the body. What`s the best way to dry the dressing into the design, a hair dryer set on warm or a can of compressed air? Thanks!
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best way to dry a tire after dressing

Quote Originally Posted by BK111968 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I`m hoping I could get some advice on drying a tire after dressing it. I used Gyeon Quatz tire (blue stuff, not express) after prepping the tire yesterday. I applied using a microfiber applicator and massaged it in well. Let sit for a while, came back and buffed it down. Tires looked fantastic. Fast forward to this morning, drive to work and when I got there, the tire dressing seemed to have oozed out of the design on the sidewall creating shiny spots around letters and grooves. It didn`t sling onto the body. What`s the best way to dry the dressing into the design, a hair dryer set on warm or a can of compressed air? Thanks!
    Ibelieve its Eldorado mentions using a flagged tip brush to apply and i know a couple of others have tried it with good results. May do a good job on letter grooves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

0315191702-00.jpg

I don`t know how aggressive your tires are, but I use the Flagged tipped brush to apply Duragloss #253 tire dressing. Spray directly on the brush and apply to the tire.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/cr-9...l#.XtZbpW5Fxjo
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BK111968- Welcome to Autopia!

I`d wipe it with an old MF, which I always do as my last step of sliming...uhm, I mean "dressing"...them anyhow. Yes, it will pretty much trash that MF so do use an old one
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you applied way too much, there is no place for it to go, so it is back on the outside..

I read up on this product at the Autopia Store; the people who make it say it is "durable" but it only lasts a few days... What kind of marketing doublespeak is that???

Good luck,
    Dan F
    Likes Coleroad, Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    BK111968- Welcome to Autopia!

I`d wipe it with an old MF, which I always do as my last step of sliming...uhm, I mean "dressing"...them anyhow. Yes, it will pretty much trash that MF so do use an old one
    What he said. I always wipe the dressing off with a microfiber. I don’t like a shiny tire so knocking down the shine is what I’m after. This is the dressing applicator that I like to use:

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/carr...l#.XtbInC--mfA
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon recommend a hairdryer to extend durability and allow the rubber to open up and the Sio2 to embed within. Although you get a few strange looks from the neighbours ive found it does extend durability and lock in the freshly applied look.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Gyeon recommend a hairdryer to extend durability and allow the rubber to open up and the Sio2 to embed within. Although you get a few strange looks from the neighbours ive found it does extend durability and lock in the freshly applied look.

I remember reading that as well. I see people doing this 2 ways. Some heat the tire prior to applying the dressing and other after applying the dressing. Is there a right or wrong way to go about it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I remember reading that as well. I see people doing this 2 ways. Some heat the tire prior to applying the dressing and other after applying the dressing. Is there a right or wrong way to go about it?

When I used gyeon tyre I did both. I now use tyre coatings which don`t require me to take such crazy steps to achieve reasonable durability Best way to dry a tire after dressing

Likes Bindytou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had this problem with this product. Use Less and it helps but I’m resolved to know when I use it I’ll be wiping off my rockers.

Post Thanks / Like

Tires vary a lot. That works great on one is total frustration on another. This holds especially true with more durable products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Tires vary a lot. That works great on one is total frustration on another. This holds especially true with more durable products.
    Agree 100% with you on this.

I have some McKee’s 37tire coating I have pretty much given up on being able to use.

I was testing it one my beater equinox before it died. That vehicle has Firestone’s on it. I cleaned the tires until the foam was completely white from scrubbing ( I would even go over them once more to ensure), I’ve tried Tarminator to clean them with also....no matter what i did the coating would fail with if a few days. It was very frustrating

Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I’ve had this problem with this product. Use Less and it helps but I’m resolved to know when I use it I’ll be wiping off my rockers.
    Gee, that sounds *awful* to me! I`m confident that *you* know exactly what you`re doing and/but when I think of how I`ve *NEVER* experienced sling since my first Armor All`ing in ~1977 well, gee.. I figure that must be one seriously problematic product!

Post Thanks / Like

I was a huge tufshine fan till I got to use it on some continental tires. What a fail. I’m back at using some of my consumer level favs. They are super easy to use, flexible and pretty durable. I don’t think there is a perfect all around dressing, you have to try a few to find the right one for a particular tire.
    Likes dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tire brand could have some bearing? I used the Gyeon tire on my Xterra tires when I had it. Used a foam applicator and applied it thin. Never recall having issues with it.

0529180921-00.jpg
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information