Thread: Tire shine

Post Thanks / Like

Tire shine

Ran into something i have never encountered before. Yesterday I applied a tire coating (two layers) to new tires. Coating that I`ve been using for sometime now. I`m out in the garage today, and the tires are obnoxiously glossy.

This is the first time i have had Michelin PSS. Is this something that others have noticed with different tires. That the same product looks very different depending on the tire. This isn`t the first Michelin tires I`ve used it on. So even within the same manufacturer.

Edit: doesn`t show real well in the picture. I`m ok with gloss , but this is crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Making someone else happy, is one of the best feelings.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire shine

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Ran into something i have never encountered before. Yesterday I applied a tire coating (two layers) to new tires. Coating that I`ve been using for sometime now. I`m out in the garage today, and the tires are obnoxiously glossy.

This is the first time i have had Michelin PSS. Is this something that others have noticed with different tires. That the same product looks very different depending on the tire. This isn`t the first Michelin tires I`ve used it on. So even within the same manufacturer.

Edit: doesn`t show real well in the picture. I`m ok with gloss , but this is crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I haven`t used a tire coating on numerous Michelin tires, specifically those pictured that fall into their higher end tier. But I have applied numerous different dressings and the dressings all sit very nicely on the higher end Michelins and usually look more glossy. Higher end Michelins almost always require less balancing than any other tire, definitely a quality product.
    Likes Marine Clerk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I haven`t used a tire coating on numerous Michelin tires, specifically those pictured that fall into their higher end tier. But I have applied numerous different dressings and the dressings all sit very nicely on the higher end Michelins and usually look more glossy. Higher end Michelins almost always require less balancing than any other tire, definitely a quality product.
    What he said is my experience also
    Likes Marine Clerk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know the pilot sport A/S 3`s didn`t come out this glossy. These are so glossy, it`s the first place your eyes go. It`s a lot like a clean car with dirty tires. It`s all you notice when you look at it. I don`t want to be stuck with this look for the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the pilot sport A/S 3`s didn`t come out this glossy. These are so glossy, it`s the first place your eyes go. It`s a lot like a clean car with dirty tires. It`s all you notice when you look at it. I don`t want to be stuck with this look for the summer.
    The good news is that the more you drive it and wash it, the gloss will decrease. Luckily fuel is so cheap

Post Thanks / Like

The good news is that the more you drive it and wash it, the gloss will decrease. Luckily fuel is so cheap
    bad part is, this car gets less than 1k put on it a year. Last year didn`t even go through two complete tanks of gas in it. Guess I`m stuck. Don`t want to use harsh chemicals that damage the coating on the wheels. Just to tone down the gloss of the tire coating.

Post Thanks / Like

bad part is, this car gets less than 1k put on it a year. Last year didn`t even go through two complete tanks of gas in it. Guess I`m stuck. Don`t want to use harsh chemicals that damage the coating on the wheels. Just to tone down the gloss of the tire coating.

In all honesty and no judgement, objectively, why do you even own it?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m the same if not worse with 2 of my cars. I use Stabil in my gas for the same reason.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

four years ago, we had six cars plus a company car. Now we have two, plus a company car. It`s a car my wife and i like to take a cruise in . On a day when you can drop the top on her. We pretty much don`t drive it unless you can have the top down. We enjoy have the convertible. I know it`s not every day, but we definitely enjoy those drives.

Post Thanks / Like

four years ago, we had six cars plus a company car. Now we have two, plus a company car. It`s a car my wife and i like to take a cruise in . On a day when you can drop the top on her. We pretty much don`t drive it unless you can have the top down. We enjoy have the convertible. I know it`s not every day, but we definitely enjoy those drives.
    What kinda car is it and what kinda coating is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Completely understandable, thank you for fulling my curiosity. I can`t imagine owning six cars, taking care of dark green vehicle is already a full time job.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool car for a cruise! Glad you guys enjoy getting out and about in it!!!

I will help you out: Send me those tires and get ya some new ones! LOL

In all seriousness: I too have found what others have posted; mainly Michelins will have a much more `glossy` look to them after dressing.

Take that droptop out for a drive or two and let the gloss degrade on its own!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Coleroad liked this post
    Thanks Coleroad thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- Hey, that`s interesting! Eh, one more reason to be disappointed with Michelins...I`ve always liked (some of) their offerings, but the last two sets (currently on A8 and Tahoe) have left me with Buyer`s Remorse

I`ve been asking myself that about the, uhm...accumulated...vehicles that I never drive. I keep thinking I oughta sell the S8, but if anything happens to my wife`s A8, well...they`re not building D2 Audis any more and the S8 is basically still new. Nobody` *want* my Jag, and I really do plan to resume work/upgrades on the Crown Vic some day.

Heh heh, the above have`t been driven for years, so somebody putting "> tanks of gas" through something is still a lot more use than half of mine get

Thread Information