Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you?

Post Thanks / Like

How do you?

How are you guys & gals scrubbing the bottom of the tire while it sits on the ground? I HATE scrubbing tires then backing up a few inches to get the entire tire clean.

I thought about putting some wood down and driving over it, but I`m not sure how long that would last with all the chemicals. I do have a quick jack but my driveway is quite slanted and can only use them in the garage, however I can`t clean a vehicle in there due to work equipment and other items.

I feel like there has to be an affordable way to clean the entire tire while not having to drive up and down the driveway or lifting it up with jacks.

Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs, WaxAddict liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you?

I actually use 4 pressure treated 2x6 that are 4" long . Simple and it works.
    Likes Stokdgs, John U liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

How long have you been doing that and I assume the wood is holding up to all the chemicals?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WashRinseRepeat View Post
    How are you guys & gals scrubbing the bottom of the tire while it sits on the ground? I HATE scrubbing tires then backing up a few inches to get the entire tire clean.

I thought about putting some wood down and driving over it, but I`m not sure how long that would last with all the chemicals. I do have a quick jack but my driveway is quite slanted and can only use them in the garage, however I can`t clean a vehicle in there due to work equipment and other items.

I feel like there has to be an affordable way to clean the entire tire while not having to drive up and down the driveway or lifting it up with jacks.

WRR - Hope you guys are all well and safe up there !

I pressure wash every vehicle in for a Detail, so that bottom of the tire gets really clean..

And if I use Tuf-Shine Clearcoat on them, the next time I see it, the tires are way easier to clean -- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/tuf-...l#.XptaXmapH3g
    Dan F
    Thanks WashRinseRepeat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I got these from from my man Jeff

They’ve went up since i bought them about $50 for a set of two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.

Do you know, off the top of your head, if they`ll hold a truck? I have a buddy of mine bringing a F250 over next week.

EDIT: would you happen to have the model # or name, I can look them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Driving up on a 18-24" piece of pressure treated 2x6 has worked well for me. Certainly not fancy but quite functional.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I been enlightened to an issue I did not know I had until now.... Good stuff!
    Likes WashRinseRepeat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only way I can do it without moving the vehicle is to jack it up in such a way that I can rotate the wheel in question (LS differentials..), which I want to do anyhow to make doing the barrels/back side/caliper easier let alone gain wheelwell/undercarriage access. NOT doing that when I wash the Tahoe makes for a real PIA even though I too pressure wash them as the first step.

My Race Ramps aren`t sufficiently good in this regard to bother with `em, so be careful about what you buy if that`s the plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    so be careful about what you buy if that`s the plan.
    Thanks for all the replies guys, think I`m going with the ol 2 x 6 method.

I`ll probably stack & nail 2 of them then cut an angle to make it easier to drive on.

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good question WRR, thanks for posting. I prefer to do as much as possible in the garage, out of sight of nosey neighbors and of course the cringe-worthy shouts of “can you do mine next?”, so my race jack works for me. I’ve found the piece-of-wood-method to be a real knuckle buster, but it does work for applying tire dressing.
    Likes WashRinseRepeat, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We’ve all heard the “can you do mine next” comment as neighbors walk by. I don’t do this for the the money and never have but I have and continue to do many friends and families vehicles. I mean no disrespect as I really don’t believe these people know what it is they are asking. That said, I have however used this response to the casual passer by and neighbors that make that remark. I simply tell them I couldn’t right now as it will take the better part of a day to do an acceptable job but If they’ve got a day and would like to do it with me, I’ve got the equipment and products and would be happy to help them. No one has ever taken me up on the offer. Go figure.

I’d help someone in a blink if they were interested in being involved as opposed to handing me their keys and me giving them back when I’m done. I believe that most people want something that is shiny when viewed from the back of a galloping horse on the street. Most really aren’t interested in the results we can provide and can’t believe that anything should take more than an hours investment of time on their part while reading a magazine in the waiting room.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes John U, Stokdgs, WashRinseRepeat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    We’ve all heard the “can you do mine next” comment as neighbors walk by.
    Solved that last Summer w a can of Cancoat, a spray bottle of Kleen Strip and some microfibers. Told em to wash their car, wipe it down and apply CanCoat like a spray wax. They`re happy as can be, only comments now are "That stuff is great!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    We’ve all heard the “can you do mine next” comment as neighbors walk by. I don’t do this for the the money and never have and I have done many friends and families cars over the years. I’d help someone in a blink if they were interested in being involved as opposed to handing me their keys and me giving them back when I’m done.
    Same here. Family, I`ve done for years. My Godmother, I`ve detailed her cars for 50 year now. (started at 14 yrs old) Still gives her the biggest thrill to see her car shine. I see her twice a year.... she lives outside Detroit, 30+ hours from me.
    I "buffed" my neighbors truck and car recently. I was bored and wanted to use my big and little Flex`s. (my cars are already spotless). I needed a new challenge and his two were perfect candidates. He washed the body and I did the wheels. I buffed, he wiped. Now the two cars on the other side of me are looking real grody!!!
    Likes Stokdgs, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.

Do you know, off the top of your head, if they`ll hold a truck? I have a buddy of mine bringing a F250 over next week.

EDIT: would you happen to have the model # or name, I can look them up.

Jeff sells them in the “rain forest” website look up mini ramps and they’ll be in the top 10.

They’ll hold 4,400 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs, Fishing liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information