Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you?

Quote Originally Posted by WashRinseRepeat View Post
    Thanks.

How long have you been doing that and I assume the wood is holding up to all the chemicals?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I have been doing it for years. The wood gets discolored and over time will split. But I always have extra lumber laying around. I can cut new ones when needed. If you don`t have wood. Most New home build sites will let you pick through the trash piles.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    I have been doing it for years. The wood gets discolored and over time will split. But I always have extra lumber laying around. I can cut new ones when needed. If you don`t have wood. Most New home build sites will let you pick through the trash piles.
    Good info to know, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Jeff sells them in the “rain forest” website look up mini ramps and they’ll be in the top 10.

They’ll hold 4,400 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was able to find them and I`ll add them to my favorites and save for later. With the world situation, I`m going to have to go with the cheapest route for now. Thanks
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Spent just under $20 this morning at Lowe`s to save my knuckles and to not waste time driving back and forth.

2x Pressure treated 2x6x10 - I wanted 2x6x8 but they had none, and now I have some spare wood & 3 inch 10d nails = 24 inch bottoms cut at a 45 deg with 18 inch nailed to the top also cut at 45 deg.

Not the best cuts, but I`m ok with that.

(Insert picture here) Apparently, I cannot upload any pictures right now, I`ll try again later
    Likes Tc99m, Fishing liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finally!!!IMG_20200421_122425~2.jpgIMG_20200421_122534.jpgIMG_20200421_122454.jpg

Likes Stokdgs, WaxAddict, Scrapyard liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

AFAIK, I generally run higher tire pressures than most people here, and/but all of mine compress enough at their points-of-contact that whether they`re on the floor or the ramps, or, I`d think, the wooden boards, I`d still have trouble getting the lower-most areas.

I used to pull my final `vette onto boards in the course of getting a jack under it, and I never could`ve done the tires when it was on those.

Sure not trying to be a wet blanket, and I`ll be curious to hear how WashRinseRepeat`s experience with `em works out.

EDIT: Hey, WashRinseRepeat- those look good to me, you did plenty good enough IMO
    Likes WashRinseRepeat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    AFAIK, I generally run higher tire pressures than most people here, and/but all of mine compress enough at their points-of-contact that whether they`re on the floor or the ramps, or, I`d think, the wooden boards, I`d still have trouble getting the lower-most areas.

I used to pull my final `vette onto boards in the course of getting a jack under it, and I never could`ve done the tires when it was on those.

Sure not trying to be a wet blanket, and I`ll be curious to hear how WashRinseRepeat`s experience with `em works out.

EDIT: Hey, WashRinseRepeat- those look good to me, you did plenty good enough IMO
    Thank you.

The plan is to have them on the "inside" of the tire so I will be able to get the entire tires face clean.

First chance I get to use them, I`ll snap a picture for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WashRinseRepeat View Post
    Thank you.

The plan is to have them on the "inside" of the tire so I will be able to get the entire tires face clean.

First chance I get to use them, I`ll snap a picture for you.
    AH, yeah...OK..maybe that`ll work out great! Fingers crossed...doing that with the Tahoe would be too tricky for me as the boards would interfere with my rolling around under it on the creeper

Post Thanks / Like

AH, yeah...OK..maybe that`ll work out great! Fingers crossed...doing that with the Tahoe would be too tricky for me as the boards would interfere with my rolling around under it on the creeper
    I don`t think it would take up that much space, however that`s not the intent here as it would only lift the tires around 3 inches. It`s just to clean the entire face of the tire. Maybe a picture of them in use would clear up any confusion.

Post Thanks / Like

QWashRinseRepeat- I do get the whole idea, just wouldn`t want to lose a few inches of space and have my creepers bump into the boards; the Tahoe is the only one I don`t jack up anyhow and I`m thinking specifically of that vehicle. For people who aren`t concerned with that, nor jacking them up anyhow, it sounds great.
    Likes WashRinseRepeat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got to use them today and they worked beautifully.

Used on a GMC Canyon. Pictures are before, I did not take Afters.

Likes Fishing, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did you have problems driving up onto the boards, did they tend to slip or no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Did you have problems driving up onto the boards, did they tend to slip or no?

Great question!

The boards themselves did not slip, however the tires did. I had to put the truck in 4 wheel drive.
    Had an Acura ILX afterwards and learned my lesson so I reversed onto them with no problem.
    A 45 degree cut works for the edges but if you have the ability, I think a 60 degree would be better.

Post Thanks / Like

WashRinseRepeat- Hey, that sure *did* work out great! You`ve got me thinking now....sure glad the contributors to this thread posted about it and that you showed good pix of how well it works.

Post Thanks / Like

WashRinseRepeat- Hey, that sure *did* work out great! You`ve got me thinking now....sure glad the contributors to this thread posted about it and that you showed good pix of how well it works.
    Thank you

I am grateful for the contributors as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information