View Poll Results: How often do you use your Wheel Woolies ? Pick those that apply.

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Large WW - The most

8 28.57%
  • Large WW - Occasionally

0 0%
  • Large WW - Never

0 0%
  • Medium WW - The most

4 14.29%
  • Medium WW - Occasionally

1 3.57%
  • Medium WW - Never

0 0%
  • Small WW - The most

3 10.71%
  • Small WW - Occasionally

3 10.71%
  • Small WW - Never

0 0%
  • I dont use Wheel Woolies.

9 32.14%
    Post Thanks / Like

How often do you use your Woolies ?

How often do you use your Wheel Woolies ? Thank your participating

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How often do you use your Woolies ?

Every time i bucket wash and sometimes when i Frothe i’ll still bucket wash the wheels. I use all three. Large for barrels, small for barrels where calipers are in the way and for spokes. Medium for rim of wheel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post
    Thanks Fishing thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Every time i bucket wash
    Same here. If I don`t, I regret seeing the dirt/dust on the chrome wheel barrels.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I bucket wash.I drive mercedes automobiles so wheels are dirty often.Its part of regular regime

Post Thanks / Like

I voted Small/occasionally. It`s the one that fits past most of my calipers. But since I always have to get in there with little mitts/brushes/etc. anyhow I sorta question whether it really saves me much, if any, time.

I tried using them on the BBS wheels` slots but didn`t like that nearly as much as using my little mitts.

There`s zero way I can effectively clean the backsides of the spokes with the WW. Simply must use the mitts, period, or those areas don`t get properly clean. IT`s a case of "I`m doing those areas with the mitts anyhow, might as well just.."

If I were doing a less-meticulous job, I`d probably use the WW more, and it`d sure be nice and quick for that. Heh heh...not like anybody except my tech and me would know the diff!

EDIT: It occurs to me that when doing the barrels with them, I have to stop and clean the WW a lot more than I have to do with the mitts. They don`t seem to hold nearly as much Wash Solution and the limited surface-area means they require a lot of cleaning (Yes, I pressure wash the wheels, including the barrels as best I can, first )

EDIT#2: I have zero use for the big one. Tried it on the undercarriage, but it doesn`t hold much Wash Solution at all compared to other things, and rotating it to use a clean section doesn`t seem to help much so it needs cleaned at least as often as some other Wash Medium.

And I find that rinsing/cleaning the WW is harder than rinsing out a mitt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-man143 View Post
    Every time I bucket wash.I drive mercedes automobiles so wheels are dirty often.Its part of regular regime
    Have you looked into brake pads that "dust" less.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked into brake pads that "dust" less.
    Yes but my daily driver is still under warranty .So I will just leave it for now.My other one I won’t put anything but OEM parts on it
    Likes John U liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The "low-dust" pads that I`ve tried all (and I mean *every single time*) compromised my braking performance. Given the potential consequences, I`ll deal with the dust instead, that won`t bankrupt me or land me in jail the way insufficient braking force could. You don`t need a vehicle`s absolute max potential braking performance until you do, and then it might be the most important thing in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    The "low-dust" pads that I`ve tried all (and I mean *every single time*) compromised my braking performance. Given the potential consequences, I`ll deal with the dust instead, that won`t bankrupt me or land me in jail the way insufficient braking force could. You don`t need a vehicle`s absolute max potential braking performance until you do, and then it might be the most important thing in your life.
    I probably would have said the same thing until a few years ago. The brake pads on my then new Ford truck had the dustiest/dirtiest most disgusting brake pads I’ve ever seen. Once detailed and in a matter of a couple of days or perhaps only a hundred miles they were dirty again. These were worse than any German car I ever worked on and I’ve done my share of brake jobs on Euro cars. They were certainly worse than any experience I’d had with modern Ford pads. The vehicle was new, the calipers were neither frozen on the pins nor did it have stuck pistons. PowerStop’s Z36 formula offered significantly less dusting than the OE Ford pads and the performance though subtle was noticeably improved.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead_1- hey, that`s great info about the PowerStop Z36 compound. I`ll keep that in mind should I feel the need to change. Heh heh, these days I`m not going through brake pads very quickly though, so it might be a good long time until I`m shopping Which reminds me that I have a new set of pads/rotors for the Crown Vic around here somewhere already...such stuff lasts a long time if you`re not AutoXing/etc.

Thread Information