I just recently found this out from a chemical manufacturer and I thought I would share. Most people think there are only two types of dressings--Water based and "Silicone" based dressings. There are more than just these two. There are oil based, silica based, pretty much anything you can think of- based. The point I want to make is that the main difference is water based and SOLVENT based. Not silicone based. Almost all water based dressings contain silicone, which is why almost all of them are NOT body shop safe. This is the component that actually makes the tires shiny or look dressed. Silicone is not death for your tire--it has been used in dressings for years. Solvent based dressings, on the other hand, are oily and greasy and provide that super high shine that is waterproof (oil/ solvent based dressing doesn`t get washed off by water, water based dressing does). I just wanted to clear that up. I see a lot of people thinking silicone is like the plague for your tires. Almost all water based dressings contain silicone. Don`t be afraid of it--it`s just how the dressings are made. This info is coming from auto detailing manufacturer that makes chemicals for almost 35 different brands