Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Agrgessive tire now.

Noticed after the first wash Sun, that my normal #253 with a foam applicator is not going to cut on the Duratrac tires. My thinking is I would love to switch to a aerosol dressing, but never found one that did not sling! So I figure using the #253 with a CARAND TIRE APPLICATOR BRUSH should take care of dressing the aggressive sidewall. Your thoughts? I would also like to try the new McKess SI02 tire dressing.

Second thought, the flagged tipped brush method should even be better!

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-hd-tires.html
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Agrgessive tire now.

Or a cheap paint brush with flagged bristles.

The (much) more expensive option is to use a electric spray air brush similar to those used for painting images on T-shirts with water-based tire protectant. If you are not sure, I think Optimum Polymer technologies has information on this on their website for use with their Opti-Bond Tire Gel. Not sure if you could use a high-quality hand-pump pressurized sprayer (Kwazar Venus Pro+) to accomplish the same thing.
    I really like the OPT Opti-Bond Tire Gel that I am using now with a sponge applicator, as the shine in more matte and natural on tire rubber than most tire gels, but it last about two washes (or rains) before the look falls off and needs re-application.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

My friend tried the Griot`s Black Satin Tire Coating aerosol on his Duratracs. He loves using easy spray on products, but found this one slings. Maybe it was the way he applied it, but it`s the first time he has had sling. He used to use the Megs foam version, but saw the Griot`s on sale.

Also, for being "Satin" - it wasn`t. It was a bit too shiny for both our tastes and took several days to come down to more of a satin look.

I`ve used the Carrand on some knobby tires, but it takes a while. I think that flagged tip brush would work better.

Post Thanks / Like

Armor all tire foam and no touch I have used and it really hasn’t slinged if you let to sit long enough. You could always go over it with a blower or air after 10-20 mins to get any heavy areas that sling when you drive

One of those you just gotta grab a bunch of 5 dollar cans from Walmart and auto parts stores and see what works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the things I hate doing on the Tahoe, takes forever to do it my way so I won`t even suggest it.

Just be careful that using a brush doesn`t result in Tire Slime getting places where you don`t want it.

Sling...I *still* can`t recall ever having a Tire Slime that I applied sling after the first few tries with Armor All back in the `70s when I was young and foolish..simply don`t get how it happens. I`m *assuming* everybody goes over the sidewalls with (old) MFs as the final step (another thing that takes forever do do right, but not as long as it used to with cotton, which would often leave lint).

Post Thanks / Like

You could get a Wagner HVLP gun and shoot the DG #253 on. I used to use it for Opti-Bond. It works well with PERL too. DG#253 is thin enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing you may try which is a hit or miss product In my experience is the 303 tire balm

Obviously more work that foam though but it worked pretty good on my 19 inch low profile continental tires. Poorly on my michelin normal profile 17 tires

Rubber brands and profiles make a huge difference in tire product performance as many of us have found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bought McKess SI02 tire dressing last week, might use this weekend on my truck tires or wait until I get even bigger AT tires. . . lol
    -Adrian

Post Thanks / Like

I tried a number of spray on tire dressing and none worked. Best one I found as of late was BF tire gel or whatever it is called.

If it wasn`t for the fact that I have a bunch of different tire products to use up I would go back to No Touch foam cleaner. I tried it once before and thought it did a good job. never should have tried all this new stuff and just stuck with that. If I remember correctly it left the tires black, not glossy. All but the BF would sling product.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    All but the BF would sling product.
    Huh, that surprises me. It does it even after a few rounds of wiping with a MF?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used Megs Endurance Hi Gloss gel the last couple of times. I apply it very thin and usually on an afternoon when I`m not going to be using the car. Actually looks pretty good if you like shine, and I`m not getting much sling. Not expensive so I`m not risking anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried that Carrand applicator brush. I found it just too soft to be effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    I`ve used Megs Endurance Hi Gloss gel the last couple of times.. Actually looks pretty good if you like shine..
    Noting that I generally *hate* shine...I won a bottle of that in a raffle once, let it sit around for maybe a decade but finally used it on Winter tires. Wasn`t all that bad, but it must`ve been different stuff because mine was *THICK*..."gel" indeed, like lumpy toothpaste or somesuch.

Quote Originally Posted by Older
    I tried that Carrand applicator brush. I found it just too soft to be effective.
    Ah, interesting! I sometimes use old toothbrushes for some tires and the ones I have are always "extra soft" (that`s what my dentist gives away)...I get by with `em, but I can understand wanting something firmer and thought the Carrand would be. I still fear that I`d get Tire Slime where I don`t want it with that thing, hard enough not to with a little toothbrush.

Eh, I do tend to make a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to every aspect of Tire Sliming

Post Thanks / Like

Well the more I ponder it, just think I am going to try a regular flagged tipped brush and the tried and true #253. Maybe give the new McKess Si02 dressing a look too.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/cr-9...l#.W_H-5vZFxjo
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Huh, that surprises me. It does it even after a few rounds of wiping with a MF?
    It has been a long time since I used it so if it did sling I don`t remember it doing it. Last time I used it I think it sat over night so maybe it got absorbed into the tire. Also, the stuff I have is from about 4 years ago and the old label and not the new bottle/label.
    Dean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information