Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A look at my wheels set-up

Put together a wheeled bucket, with IK foamers. All brushes are traveling with me, in a dry bucket as well. I just wheel around on my chair and pull this along.

GGs Heavy Duty is kinda mild, but for this GQ that`s all I needed. A few pumps too, didnt need a wide foam spray and IK foamed a straight line when almost out of air. Which helped get into the barrels.

Tuf Shine worked fantastic ! Med. to Light foam was the best, any thicker and it fell off faster. Doubled my dwell time.

CGs Diablo clings forever, this is 5mins. Don`t know if it cleans a thing, but use it for the PH
    balance and to get everything smelling great !

Finished with Gyeon Tire and Mc37 Wheel Glaze

Thanks Coleroad thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A look at my wheels set-up

Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I made a similar tote for wheels/tires for my "garage wash" (which is 80% of my washing), and it`s been great to just grab it and know everything is in there. Bold-b-Brite, a mild QD/water/APC spray for wheels, APC for tires, Bare Bones for wells, old and new towels, applicators, etc. Wheels don`t get so bad here in Florida so I don`t need anything strong.

When I do an "outside wash" I`m much less organized, running back and forth for wheel woolies, proper wheel cleaner, brushes, etc.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mary B- Hey, you`re covering a lot of bases on the tires, makes me think I oughta be doing better than just one pass with GG Rubber Cleaner with the occasional P21s TAW instead

How are the TufShine Tire Cleaner and the CG Diablo with regard to getting them on LSPed wheels...do they compromise it? You use the Diablo on the tires, huh? Gee, there are so many products that I don`t know about these days!

I`m using a RubberMaid Mop Bucket too (older yellow one from 1980s), but for my Undercarriage bucket; it fits under the vehicles better than my others and to my suprise a Grit Guard/washboard setup fits in it pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict
    When I do an "outside wash" I`m much less organized, running back and forth for wheel woolies, proper wheel cleaner, brushes, etc.

Heh heh, that`d drive me nuts.

Just FWIW, and noting that I don`t have to travel with mine.....I have one "Tire bucket" with a few brushes and the GG Ergo Wave Sponge, but I have Wheel/etc.+Rinse buckets on each side of the wash bay.

Post Thanks / Like

MaryB:
    1) Did you get these foam IK sprayers from The Rag Company? (Yes, I Googled IK Foam and TRC was on the first page)
    2) Did you make/print some kind of plastic/vinyl adhesive label yourself and attach it to the bottle?
    3) Have you used the foamer as a wet foamer with the Orange mixers for applying a car-wash soap, kind of like a poor man`s foam lance or foam cannon?

By the way, this foamer comes with three different color-coded interchangeable mixers: Orange for a wet foam (Car Wash soaps); Green for dry foam (interior cleaning soap); Grey for "standard" foam. (Sorry, no link allowed due to forum rules, but worthwhile to check it out on your own under Goizper Group IK Sprayers)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Do yourself a favor and switch to the iron and fallout remover. You can cut out the Diablo step. Nice setup!

Post Thanks / Like

Probably could save some time and money if you would just use one product to do everything. Something like Meguiars D143 could clean the tires, wheels, and wheel wells very effectively.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the set-up. Nice results, too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    Probably could save some time and money if you would just use one product to do everything. Something like Meguiars D143 could clean the tires, wheels, and wheel wells very effectively.
    and .. what .. fun .. would .. that .. be?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post

More money in your pocket lets you buy more fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Ha in my case the wife’s not mad at me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That bucket looks perfect. The IK foamers are on my list of things to buy. Love the way all those products cling to the wheel/tire. Thank for sharing.

BTW, your wheels and tires look great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    MaryB:
    1) Did you get these foam IK sprayers from The Rag Company? (Yes, I Googled IK Foam and TRC was on the first page)
    2) Did you make/print some kind of plastic/vinyl adhesive label yourself and attach it to the bottle?
    3) Have you used the foamer as a wet foamer with the Orange mixers for applying a car-wash soap, kind of like a poor man`s foam lance or foam cannon?

By the way, this foamer comes with three different color-coded interchangeable mixers: Orange for a wet foam (Car Wash soaps); Green for dry foam (interior cleaning soap); Grey for "standard" foam. (Sorry, no link allowed due to forum rules, but worthwhile to check it out on your own under Goizper Group IK Sprayers)
    Hey Hey Lonnie,
    1) Yes the IK foamers are from TRC, others are selling them too. Finally.
    2) The labels are water resistant stickers. I found an HP Sprocket Printer. Instantly prints a 2x3 sticker from the Sprocket App, with Thermal sticker paper from Zink photo, no ink.
    Use any tablet or cell phones bluetooth and an image from your gallery.
    The stickers are surprisingly durable.
    I am just beginning to figure out how to edit a screenshot image with a photo app. Not to mention finding good images that I can edit successfully.

Plus I found some excellent 22oz. bottles and sprayers from GG, that I want to have nice labels on when I consolidate all my sprays to one type of bottle.

The Sprocket and Sticker paper
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks Diner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice setup and the wheels came out great. Wondering to ad the Gyeon Tire to my setup. It`s seems to leave a awesome finish on the tires. What kind of durability do you get from it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Mary B- Hey, you`re covering a lot of bases on the tires, makes me think I oughta be doing better than just one pass with GG Rubber Cleaner with the occasional P21s TAW instead

How are the TufShine Tire Cleaner and the CG Diablo with regard to getting them on LSPed wheels...do they compromise it? You use the Diablo on the tires, huh? Gee, there are so many products that I don`t know about these days!

I`m using a RubberMaid Mop Bucket too (older yellow one from 1980s), but for my Undercarriage bucket; it fits under the vehicles better than my others and to my suprise a Grit Guard/washboard setup fits in it pretty well.

Heh heh, that`d drive me nuts.

Just FWIW, and noting that I don`t have to travel with mine.....I have one "Tire bucket" with a few brushes and the GG Ergo Wave Sponge, but I have Wheel/etc.+Rinse buckets on each side of the wash bay.
    Hi Accumulator
    I will be trying GGs rubber cleaner on my daily, looong winter you know.?

The Tuff shine did not remove the Gyeon Tire I had on the rubber, just deep cleaned it.
    I was trying to remove what was left of the 1 coat of Mc37 wheel glaze
    that I had on previous, which is just a sealant. I believe the wheels were bare when I was done cleaning.
    CGs Diablo IMHO is only a shampoo, no deep cleaning just lotsa PH neutral suds. To calm things down before I seal and coat.

Was lookin` at that Ergo wave too. GGs seems to have some cool stuff !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information