Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions - Best Wheel Cleaner for BMW`s

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    RaydiantDetail- Ever have any issues from the Hydro getting on the rotors? I ask because one time I got a fair amount of IUDJ on mine, ASSuming that it`d be OK- hey, it`s just a leaves-stuff-behind rinseless, right?!?... only to have the braking performance significantly compromised until I`d done a few stops. As in, compromised enough that it was a real eye-opener...
    when I do customers wheels with hydro2lite or wet coat I just back it up a little bit and forward and press the brakes slightly and it shaves off the nasty yellowness from the hydro2lite/wet coat

never had anyone complain about any brake fade issues even immediately after when they left my driveway

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

here`s my choice

with a reason why in the thread and proof that this is legit stuff

Poorboy`s Spray and Rinse for the win

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. I think I`ll give Sonax a try. I don`t use wheel cleaner every time, just when they are bad. Usually the pressure washer gets the heavy stuff off. I use Hyro2 as a coating. Will be interesting to see how well it holds up over the winter, expecting 6-10 inches of snow on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    Thanks all. I think I`ll give Sonax a try. I don`t use wheel cleaner every time, just when they are bad. Usually the pressure washer gets the heavy stuff off. I use Hyro2 as a coating. Will be interesting to see how well it holds up over the winter, expecting 6-10 inches of snow on Sunday.
    FWIW, from my experience on my own wheels (on my SRT) which I use hydro2lite and wetcoat on to protect.... if you dilute poorboys spray and rinse wheel cleaner 1:1 it will clean them even when decently dirty and not affect the protection

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- OK, thanks for the response. I was pretty surprised at how the IUDJ compromised my braking, and it wasn`t something that a quickie pull out/pull in would`ve fixed by a long shot. NEVER had that happen before (nor since as I now take precautions).

It was serious enough that it deserves a PSA! Not sure if the average untrained driver would`ve dealt with it very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    512Detail- OK, thanks for the response. I was pretty surprised at how the IUDJ compromised my braking, and it wasn`t something that a quickie pull out/pull in would`ve fixed by a long shot. NEVER had that happen before (nor since as I now take precautions).

It was serious enough that it deserves a PSA! Not sure if the average untrained driver would`ve dealt with it very well.
    Hey Accumulator that sounds scary if it`s causing that much of a noticeable issue in brake performance at the on set. Maybe covering the rotors with a plastic bag while you are spraying could help with not getting that much product on the rotors?

Do you use hydro2 lite or hydro 2 then dilute it per specs?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

RaydiantDetail- Unfortunately, on some of my vehicles there`s just no way to spray much of *anything* on the wheels without it getting on the rotors, so I simply don`t spray the IUDJ directly on the wheels any more but rather on a cloth/etc. The rotors get *TERRIBLY* rusty from my water anyhow, it`s a whole `nother big job at the end of the wash to reclean the wheels after I drive around enough to swipe `em clean and dry them (yeah, I`ve tried Hyde`s Serum).

And no, I don`t use the Hydro stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information