View Poll Results: What should I use on fender wells?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • CG Bare Bones

4 17.39%
  • Griots Undercarraige Spray

3 13.04%
  • Hydro2 Lite

1 4.35%
  • other product

15 65.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fender Well Dressing

thanks for all the responses

still weighing my options

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

The only Adams product that I use is their under carriage spray.

Post Thanks / Like

I used 476s as my fender dressing and it`s still holding up good months later. Great when the environments don`t permit a coating.

After using Dlux under the hood I`d recommend for the fenders. Works well and lasts.

I used Hydro Foam with some brushes on my mothers` fenders and it works also (easy one step). I assume this is fairly similar to Hydro 2 Lite.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hyper dressing 4:1

Beauty of it is spray and walk away!!! No messing with applicators etc. I have used them all. Hyper dressing dries to a run free satin finish. I have a gallon of it and it`s all i use it for. It will make several 32oz bottles.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    In my opinion, it depends on how much time you have for the initial application and how often you are willing to freshen them up.

On on my new lease vehicle, which has Black plastic wheel wells that are fairly visible (Chevy Equinox)...I chose to coat them with DLUX

As part of my weekly wash routine, I pressure wash, spray Megs Synthetic Spray Wax and wipe with a MF.
    I do not need a scrub brush at all.

The DLUX has held up for a year and 27k miles.

If if you are doing production work, or are not willing to invest the time up front...almost anything that has been mentioned will last from one wash to the next.
    I like this method. Treat the wheel wells like any other trim. I would guess that topping the Dlux with a Collinite or FK1000p type sealant would work well too.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone gave me a bottle of Megs Paint Protect (the $10 sealant that`s supposed to last 365 days) and I had no idea what I`d use it for. Since the front fender wells are lined in black plastic thought I`d give it a try so cleaned them up well and applied a coat. Works very well, nice deep black and they clean up in a snap with the PW. Lasted about 7 months.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

here are the products I have that I am thinking I should just play with since I already have them:

Poorboy`s Bold n Bright liquid
    Sonus Trim and Motor Kote
    PERL
    D156 xpress wax (used it before when its smooth plastic, works well)
    Hydro2 lite- (used it once on the dodge I recently did)

Really interested in trying Hyper Dressing though. I have kind of always wanted an excuse to buy it...wish it was sold in a smaller amount so I could try it with a few other products and see which one I liked best

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

It is also great on engines! You can even spray it on right after cleaning/degreasing. No need to dry the engine. Spray it on and walk away. Leaves a PERFECT finish on all engine parts once dry. And safe. No silicone. With the 25% off sale i would grab a gallon! Again 4:1
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    I like this method. Treat the wheel wells like any other trim. I would guess that topping the Dlux with a Collinite or FK1000p type sealant would work well too.
    FK1000P stains trim and isn`t fun to APC off. Collinite 476s and 845 don`t (not sure about the rest).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    here are the products I have that I am thinking I should just play with since I already have them:

Poorboy`s Bold n Bright liquid
    Sonus Trim and Motor Kote
    PERL
    D156 xpress wax (used it before when its smooth plastic, works well)
    Hydro2 lite- (used it once on the dodge I recently did)

Really interested in trying Hyper Dressing though. I have kind of always wanted an excuse to buy it...wish it was sold in a smaller amount so I could try it with a few other products and see which one I liked best
    I like Sonus Motor Kote. I had that under the hood for the last year and didn`t experience any issues. It looks perfect too.

What`s your durability goal/expectation?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    I like Sonus Motor Kote. I had that under the hood for the last year and didn`t experience any issues. It looks perfect too.

What`s your durability goal/expectation?
    I`m more concerned about easy application and I feel Sonus is pretty easy....honestly I didn`t think about durability expectations..I guess if it lasted a few weeks that would be sufficient as I`d imagine their paint wont stay clean that long

Brandt K.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I`m more concerned about easy application and I feel Sonus is pretty easy....honestly I didn`t think about durability expectations..I guess if it lasted a few weeks that would be sufficient as I`d imagine their paint wont stay clean that long
    Then Sonus Motor Kote for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    FK1000P stains trim and isn`t fun to APC off. Collinite 476s and 845 don`t (not sure about the rest).
    I`ve used FK1000P on trim with no issues, but I still put it in that "don`t try this at home, kids!" category because of how it *can* stain trim if you don`t do it right. Ditto for 476S, which in one case really left things looking *awful* after it died (fine once redone with it however).

845 OTOH, is simply great on trim and is what I used before switching to Trim Sealants and/or spray products.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the environment you drive in and its effect on how long anything lasts in the fenderwells ?

If you live in sunny, dry areas, well then armorall would last a long time, compared to living where it rains a lot and there is lots of dirt on the road that gets splashed up into these areas...

In absolute perfect weather conditions, Meguiars Hyper Dressing works great, is so easy to use, smells awesome, but even there, it doesn`t last very long..
    So, if you are ok with spraying it - and that is all you have to do after cleaning those areas, then its a great looking choice...

The other more oily sprays, Bare Bones, Griot`s, work great without a lot of pre-work and last a little longer in bad weather, but eventually, they wash off too..
    Their advantage, in my experiences is they are fast, smell great, and leave the fenderwells dark, which matches the tires when light gets up in there when the car is in the sun...

The only one we haven`t discussed yet - Chemical Guys, Back to Black Spray Can...
    Pros - Clean the area, when dry, spray the area, walk away...
    Leaves a very nice, black finish, that dries kind of like a wax, will last pretty long depending on how much water gets blown up there driving, ease of application..
    Absolutely turns any engine compartment beautifully black, and not greasy, smells great...Lasts awhile until the extreme heat under there takes it out...

Cons - Not the cheapest - but its in a tall spray can, so how much is the convenience worth to you?
    Dan F
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, pwaug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using Megs Hyper Dressing for years now and I`m very happy with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information