Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel-well brush/tool help?

There are grill brushes that have plastic bristles...and the bristles are considerably shorter than the wheel well brushes that I`ve seen.....this might give you the clearance you need

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    There are grill brushes that have plastic bristles...and the bristles are considerably shorter than the wheel well brushes that I`ve seen.....this might give you the clearance you need
    Just remember that shorter bristles generally = more aggressive, and that as the (presumably) flagged tips wear they turn into scratch-machines (not hating on them at all, use a plastic-bristle brush on certain wells and some stuff under the Tahoe, but I have to be very careful). Just pointing that out as some of my vehicles have wells that are delicate/nice enough that I have to be careful not to cause any significant marring.

Post Thanks / Like

clapperc- I keep thinking about how I want to *see* what`s what in areas like that. Cleaning "blind" is sure better than not cleaning at all, but I think that once you start lifting it up (and get that squared-away so it`s not a big PIA) you`ll find yourself being a lot more Autopian about those areas (and for once I mean that in a good way).

Two inches isn`t much...but I think it`s more than my S8 has and I *know* it`s more than most of my sportscars had. Still, most of my vehicles have a *LOT* more than that and I simply have to lift them up to do things right.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Shmitt tire scrub pad. Yes, still have one. Thin enough to get in there and do what you have to do

Post Thanks / Like

Cheap toilet brush or Daytona wheel brush
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, my approach to these areas qualifies as more of that offthe-deep end Autopian Perfectionism that I`m always cautioning against, huh?!? Sigh, guilty as charged if I do say so myself

Ronkh- Ya know, perhaps the greatest detailing-related satisfaction I got outta my last `vette was going berserk on the undercarriage/etc. I went so far as to not only polish, but even use Souveran(!) on all those areas that nobody else ever saw (except my mechanic). That car was so low (Mallett suspension) that just jacking it up was an incredible undertaking; sheesh, the hours I spent doing that stuff..what I do these days actually seems moderate by comparison!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a dedicated Extra large Griots version of the Wheel Whoolies for doing the Wheel wells when I do a wash (at least the ones that don`t have the carpet type liner). Have a second one along with the smaller version for doing the wheels. But I still pull the wheels once or twice a year to clean the areas you just cant to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information