Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dawn, Simple Green, or ? in pressure washer...

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Migue- Yeah, finding a safe, effective, and inexpensive product for the tires might be a challenge. Once you get past the "well, cheaper than buying new ones" (either wheels or tires) it still needs to be something you can actually afford.
    So, in your experience, what do you recommend/use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    So, in your experience, what do you recommend/use?
    I spend (much) too much and use Griot`s Rubber Cleaner most of the time. On vehicles I use (Griot`s) Wheel Cleaner on I often just use that on the tires too. I`ve used various APCs but 1) don`t want to waste my good ones on the tires and/or 2) don`t trust my cheap ones to be perfectly safe.

That pricey Griot`s Rubber Cleaner is awfully gentle....as in "won`t even hurt the dirt" unless you let it dwell and scrub it a bit and sometimes even reapply a few times. So it`s far from perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

I spend (much) too much and use Griot`s Rubber Cleaner most of the time. On vehicles I use (Griot`s) Wheel Cleaner on I often just use that on the tires too. I`ve used various APCs but 1) don`t want to waste my good ones on the tires and/or 2) don`t trust my cheap ones to be perfectly safe.

That pricey Griot`s Rubber Cleaner is awfully gentle....as in "won`t even hurt the dirt" unless you let it dwell and scrub it a bit and sometimes even reapply a few times. So it`s far from perfect.
    Hm I see, I will look into that(seen the product,just never bothered checking it out) and see if that approach works for me,I`d rather be safe than sorry especially on a customer`s vehicle. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

migue- I`ll repeat myself just to add some emphasis...the Griot`s Rubber Cleaner is soooo gentle you mind think it`s just not potent enough, especially for neglected customer tires.

Dr. G. from Optimum has posted some interesting stuff about how you need to be a little careful about what you use on tires...IIRC it was in response to a Q/Post here by Setec Astronomy. Maybe you oughta look that up and see if something from Optimum (Power Clean?) might be a better choice for your situation than the Griot`s. I *do* really like Power Clean BTW.

Post Thanks / Like

migue- I`ll repeat myself just to add some emphasis...the Griot`s Rubber Cleaner is soooo gentle you mind think it`s just not potent enough, especially for neglected customer tires.

Dr. G. from Optimum has posted some interesting stuff about how you need to be a little careful about what you use on tires...IIRC it was in response to a Q/Post here by Setec Astronomy. Maybe you oughta look that up and see if something from Optimum (Power Clean?) might be a better choice for your situation than the Griot`s. I *do* really like Power Clean BTW.
    Noted, i understand that it might be "too gentle" , I`ll keep digging around and making a list of things to try out on this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information