Post Thanks / Like

Flex - the DA version not rotary

Well, I ain`t sure how much more detailing I`m going to be doing, I did something to my back, aggravated an old ruptured disc injury and doc says I screwed with my sieactic (yeah I can`t spell) nerve. I`m cooling my heels at home today full of anti-inflamintories and muscle relaxers (yeah baby!) So, I did some sole searching and I`m thinking - trade the Flex

It`s been used about a hour, I use my PC mostly. PM me with offers, I`m considering a Cyclo - could be the meds talking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey June sorry to hear that. I have a cyclo, maybe five hours of use, if your interested

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you get better soon Junebug.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Junebug sorry to hear about your sciatic nerve problem. Havent had that happen to me but I hear its really painful - but fixable with time off and alot of muscle relaxers, and possibly steroid injections, and rehab programs.

Too bad you want to get rid of the Flex, but I have one too, and I can see why you would want to not have to deal with it.

I started out using a Rotary way more decades ago than I can remember, then started back up a few years ago with the PC7424, the Flex VRG3401 like yours, and recently got a Makita 9227, and have to say that for smoothness, the Makita has it way over the other two machines, and of course, as you know, its faster at correction, but has its own sets of challenges, because it is a rotary.
    I am using it all the time, in both 6" and 4" configurations, and loving it more and more all the time.

I know the Cyclo has been around for at least 30 years or more and many old school detailers swear by them. They do alot of things besides buffing, including brushing, sanding etc., and have lots of accessories you can buy for them.
    They seem to be louder than a PC or the Flex and have alot of looks like vibration, so that may or may not be good for your condition either...

In any event, hope your get better soon, we will keep you in our prayers..

DanF

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Junebug,
    I hope you feel better. I understand your pain. My wife had two back surgeries and has chronic back pain. I hope you can find relief.
    I would be very interested in your flex. My only problem is I only have $ to trade. Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ya`ll, I`m doing better today. I`m thinking hard about something the doc said and I know he`s right - I really need to lose weight. We`re talking 50-60 pounds, and I can`t ignor it anymore, that lard is affecting my health. So, starting Friday - I`m on the "plan" and I`m hoping for a steady decrease of 2-3 pounds a week till I get down to a normal weight.

BTW - I said a prayer for all back sufferers!

Todd - PM in the works

JB

PS, I know somebody will ask, why not start today, well...Friday is 9/11 and that`s a day we all can remember, I just wanted to add along with my respects for all those folks that died, that this is the day I start to get my life back on tract. My goal is to be in shape by the time my kids get out of school next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    Thanks ya`ll, I`m doing better today. I`m thinking hard about something the doc said and I know he`s right - I really need to lose weight. We`re talking 50-60 pounds, and I can`t ignor it anymore, that lard is affecting my health. So, starting Friday - I`m on the "plan" and I`m hoping for a steady decrease of 2-3 pounds a week till I get down to a normal weight.

BTW - I said a prayer for all back sufferers!

Todd - PM in the works

JB

PS, I know somebody will ask, why not start today, well...Friday is 9/11 and that`s a day we all can remember, I just wanted to add along with my respects for all those folks that died, that this is the day I start to get my life back on tract. My goal is to be in shape by the time my kids get out of school next year.
    That`s awesome! Good luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Cyclo with the double pad adapters has to be used to be believed, I don`t think there is any vibration at all, or if there is it is at a frequency/rate which I am unable to detect.

How vibration free some may ask?, I am now unable to use the PC even at the lowest speeds, and at the higher speeds; forget about it, my hands, wrists just can`t deal with the torture.

And, the green and orange two sided pads are far superior-compared to the wool pad, from my experience, as a base for the micro fiber pad covers I have.

Is the Cyclo perfect, nope, but I ain`t using anything else from now on-not even considering getting the Makita anymore.

I just will never understand why the artists who make the Cyclo never came out with a model that has a speed control. I even called the Company and made the suggestion, hope that they do someday; they would own the market segment with this change, this I am convinced of.

Forgot, noise (or perhaps the high pitch of the noise level) is an issue with this magnificent machine-but for the bullet proof build quality and lack of vibration it is a trade off that makes the sound level a non issue, however I do wear ear plugs, tinitus can be a b____h at times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tom for the advice, I`m looking for UPS to bring me a Cyclo tomorrow (thanks Mr. Todd) and I have a nice oxidized white Honda Accord to practice on this weekend, I polished the hood, top and trunk last night with my PC to get the stains of a pecan tree off. NASTY!

I did 35 minutes on my treadmill and watched a bunch of Cyclo vids on youtude this evening, I`m ready!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget some pictures Junebug
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, got the Cyclo today - I tried it out briefly on the counter top, can`t wait to try it on that detail Saturday!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Junebug, do be extra careful when you are on meds; I found out the hard way that just because you -feel- good does not mean that you can start doing what you want/have to do.

Let your Doc know what you intend to do before you do it-describe in detail the motions you will be doing and the weight that you will be handling- and if you don`t get his/her blessing wait until you do.

Thread Information