Post Thanks / Like

Question Fidelity Extended Car Warranty

I am looking into getting an extended warranty to cover my 05` S4.

The car has been pretty solid(knocks on wood) and I love driving but I fear the large expense of something major going wrong.

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with after market warranty companies?
    POLLEN is Evil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fidelity Extended Car Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by G.T.Subie View Post
    I am looking into getting an extended warranty to cover my 05` S4.

The car has been pretty solid(knocks on wood) and I love driving but I fear the large expense of something major going wrong.

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with after market warranty companies?
    I got one on my BMW that I got used. The water pump went out within the warranty period and paid for it BIG TIME. I had no hassles at all saved me good money.

That said make sure to read all the in`s and outs
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Was it through Fidelity?

I got a quote for 4yrs/60k miles with $0 Deductible fro $3,800.00 or $157.00 a month. This is supposedly covering all labor and parts with out limit. I have 88k miles on the car now and plan on keeping it for a while.
    POLLEN is Evil

Post Thanks / Like

Google is your best friend.

Google Fidelity Car Warranty Complaints.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Im pretty well versed in the interwebs.

I`m looking for some opinions from people here though.
    POLLEN is Evil

Post Thanks / Like

If you choose to buy a warranty make sure you read and understand the fine print. As with any insurance policy the devil is in the details. I worked as a mechanic and shop foreman in a new car dealership for years and part of my job was calling in customer claims for repair.

I am not familiar with Fidelity. The best ones that I dealt with were from the manufacturers. The one thing that I would suggest is to keep all of your receipts for any service and especially maintenance work like oil changes, coolant flush, Trans service, brake fluid flush,timing belt and tensioner service. etc....

I ran into several cases where customers claims were denied because they failed to prove they had maintained their vehicles according to the manufacturers service recommendations.

The other thing to watch for is to make sure subsequent damage is covered. For example, if the timing belt breaks and the valves crash into the pistons, will they cover the removal and repair of the cylinder head? Water pump fails and the engine overheats causing internal damage, is the engine damage covered?

Last but not least, find out what the maximum hourly labor reimbursement rate is. Some companies would not pay our dealership labor rate leaving the customer stuck with the difference. Like I said, the devil is in the details.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto_.../fidelity.html

Interesting read.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Pfix.
    My understanding from the back and forth with the sales persons is they will cover up to the cost of the vehicle. There is no limit on parts. Meaning if the trans goes and cost 6k they cover it. The first policy they offered would only cover up to a certain dollar amount.

I need to take the terms to my shop who I`ve dealt with for years and see what they think about the labor costs,the TC is a little vague.
    POLLEN is Evil

Post Thanks / Like

I would ask your shop if there is a warranty company that they prefer dealing with as I am sure they are going to prefer one that pays the most with the least amount of hassle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G.T.Subie View Post
    Thanks Pfix.
    My understanding from the back and forth with the sales persons is they will cover up to the cost of the vehicle. There is no limit on parts. Meaning if the trans goes and cost 6k they cover it. The first policy they offered would only cover up to a certain dollar amount.

I need to take the terms to my shop who I`ve dealt with for years and see what they think about the labor costs,the TC is a little vague.
    Make sure you do your due diligence. The sales person is unlikely to bring any of the policies short comings to your attention. Most of the warranty claims I have dealt with were covered but I also can remember many conversations with unhappy customers who were told their policy covered "everything bumper to bumper" only to find out later that was not exactly true.

Have you looked into a policy from Audi? With an Audi policy you can take your vehicle to the dealer and there is no problem with labor rates and you are guaranteed factory parts that usually come with their own warranty.
    Paul

Thread Information