Post Thanks / Like

Ford F-150 engines for 2011 announced, includes EcoBoost V6

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ford F-150 engines for 2011 announced, includes EcoBoost V6

That`s a cool little engine for mid sized vehicles but I don`t think I would order that engine in an F150. It`ll be interesting to see how it flies. I`d do the 6.2 and wait a year until the after market offers a blower for it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    That`s a cool little engine for mid sized vehicles but I don`t think I would order that engine in an F150. It`ll be interesting to see how it flies. I`d do the 6.2 and wait a year until the after market offers a blower for it.
    LOL, GH your screen ID really does fit.

I don`t have a large towing requirment, just what I can put in the bed. With the increase in the costs associated with speeding tickets I have no real need for speed anymore either. I just need a powerplant that is dependable for the long haul w/o excessive maintenance costs. The old 300 ci Ford straight 6 powered a lot of trucks in Texas for a lot of miles. I don`t fear the 6 cyl.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

I think i saw a newwer f150 it was SMALL.. like a little larger then a ranger...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holland_patrick View Post
    I think i saw a newwer f150 it was SMALL.. like a little larger then a ranger...
    I saw one over at Moncao Ford in Glastonbury and it looked totally different and as you mentioned smaller...I thought it was a ranger...I figured they decided to finally change the style after all these years.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holland_patrick View Post
    I haven`t seen one first hand but I saw one on the Spikes TV show Trucks, it was a Raptor and it looked smaller than a current model F150. In fact now that I think about it I believe they were going to put a blower on it. I could be imagining that last part.

Edit: Now that I think about it they were just showing the Raptor. They were putting a Blown 4.6 Cobra motor in a little Mazda/Ranger and making the comparison. I really wasn`t watching very closely.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    You don`t have to wait, 7 years ago when I wanted to put a D1-R on my 406 in the vette Procharger did not make a kit to do that, They still don`t.

They was not going to sell it to me because they had not figured out how to put it on and close the hood.

Also it had to have 3 inch tubing and they said it would not fit down through the front.
    Both issues was not that hard I built my own brackets and it has worked out very well, Procharger still don`t have a kit.

Ford has had overhead cams on their V8 for nearly 20 years,
    Time for GM and Chrysler to get out of the stone age.

The small engine is the future the new CAFÉ standard will force all of them to it Ford just is first with the new technology.

The new V6 has 4 valves per cylinder and dual overhead cams per head GM just keeps making their push rod engine bigger in the vette.

Now they have a Eaton blower on the ZR-1 at some point they will need to come up with a 20th century engine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I saw one over at Moncao Ford in Glastonbury and it looked totally different and as you mentioned smaller...I thought it was a ranger...I figured they decided to finally change the style after all these years.
    That does not make sense to me and I have to think (maybe hope) that is incorrect. Toyota went the route of the 5/8 size truck with their Tundra. Found it did not make the cut with the public and moved to a "real" full-sized truck. Ford has been making too many "right" decisions to take a major stumble now with one of their (if not the) best sellers.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Imma get me an F-150.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Who`s Imma?
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

`The 20 percent better fuel mileage than the 5.4 sounds good to me.
    50 lbs more torque and better MPG too.

Is this the first manufacture to recommend pulling a trailer with a boosted gas engine.

I can`t think of one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    `The 20 percent better fuel mileage than the 5.4 sounds good to me.
    50 lbs more torque and better MPG too.

Is this the first manufacture to recommend pulling a trailer with a boosted gas engine.

I can`t think of one.
    To my knowledge it is the first recommending this in the gasoline market. They didn`t recommend doing this with the old Harley`s and Lightnings. The advertised specs are pretty close relatively speaking to the 6.2 also.

I`ve had several 5.4`s over the years and after a few pretty basic mods (tune/r, exhaust, CAI etc.) have been able to get 20 plus mpg out of each of them. One actually would get just over 23 out on the road, not bad in a half ton 4X4 that would light them up as well. Most of my driving is and has been road miles.

I usually consider myself to be an early adopter on most things but I still think I would watch this one for a while before seriously considering it in a full size pickup. There have been other similar though not identical situations. In the early 80`s the 350 Chevy P/U had a higher HP rating and the torque rating wasn`t far behind the big block 454 but everyone knew the big block would pull the wheels of the small block in a towing application. Injected Windsor`s were making numbers in the same ball park as 460`s not all that long ago. As everyone knows torque is key and the seem to be getting it out of these little fellows. I`m skeptical because I`ve never been a believer in the best of both worlds. The numbers in this article are showing over 400 lb/ft of torque at around 4000 RPM, that`s spinning it but still good numbers.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thread Information