Post Thanks / Like

jescar correcting compound or meg m101

looking for samples of jescar compound and megs m101.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: jescar correcting compound or meg m101

Post Thanks / Like

Do yourself a favor and just go with jescar
    Likes Paul@Autopia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post

I don`t know about that, M101 is one heck of a product, FAR superior to 105 (the industry standard).

Post Thanks / Like

Mike would know.

Mike had me buy M101 over M105 about a year ago so he knows its a solid product. But now that he`s played with both evidentially he see something better in it.

I`d trust Mike`s Opinion unless you have used both and then well, it depends in your experience over Mike`s. At some point its subjective. Mike L has never failed me on a product recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I don`t know about that, M101 is one heck of a product, FAR superior to 105 (the industry standard).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    have you tried griots fast correct? is jescar better?

Post Thanks / Like

I have an assortment of correction compounds that I use.
    Rumor has it some new products are also on the horizon.

Which one is best?
    The one that works on the paint I`m working on.

Merlin
    Last edited by Merlin; 02-21-2017 at 08:32 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
    Likes donbeezy, The Guz, Ronkh, Paul@Autopia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Are all Menzerna polishes now Jescar?

Post Thanks / Like

Merlin`s suggestion is true for any detailer who has worked on a wide variety of vehicles. Every vehicle manufacturer has their own preference on paint manufacturer and process, which will lead to some paint colors being soft and others being hard as a diamond. So, what compound/polish/pad combination you have found may work very well for one color of a certain vehicle manufacturer may be absolutely all wrong for different manufacturer, even if it is the "same" color. That`s why professional detailers have more than one car-care manufacturer`s compound and polish within their detailing arsenal. You may even find that your polishing "techniques" will have to change from color to color or vehicle manufacturer to manufacturer.

The million dollar question is: Is there one compound and polish manufacturer that works well on ALL vehicles?
    Every detailer will have their opinion on this and every car-care compound and polish manufacturer will certainly tell you that, yes, theirs will work for that type of paint or color. I am not here to promote the "less-is-more" or "one-size-fits-all" ideology to compounds and polishes.

Jescar/Menzerna certainly has a reputation as world-class leader in compounds and polishes, especially when it is hyped as the abrasives used by Mercedes-Benz in their exterior paint finishing production lines. I have no experience in using them, but I do not think you could go "wrong" in having them in your own detailing arsenal.

My suggestion? Keep reading in this forum what works for the pro`s or respected detailers and then try it yourself. That`s the ONLY way you will gain experience in using a compound or polish. Will you need to invest (IE, spend money) in doing so? Yes, but as my late father always said, "If you want to run with the big dogs, you`ve got to spend like the big dogs."
    GB detailer
    Thanks Merlin, JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is absolutely true.

I don`t correct enough cars to tell you this but guys who do, have told me this very thing.

I can tell you what works on my Infiniti, Jeep and Acura. After than I`m lost. And for those I really don`t use/need a heavy compound.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Merlin`s suggestion is true for any detailer who has worked on a wide variety of vehicles. Every vehicle manufacturer has their own preference on paint manufacturer and process, which will lead to some paint colors being soft and others being hard as a diamond. So, what compound/polish/pad combination you have found may work very well for one color of a certain vehicle manufacturer may be absolutely all wrong for different manufacturer, even if it is the "same" color. That`s why professional detailers have more than one car-care manufacturer`s compound and polish within their detailing arsenal. You may even find that your polishing "techniques" will have to change from color to color or vehicle manufacturer to manufacturer.

The million dollar question is: Is there one compound and polish manufacturer that works well on ALL vehicles?
    Every detailer will have their opinion on this and every car-care compound and polish manufacturer will certainly tell you that, yes, theirs will work for that type of paint or color. I am not here to promote the "less-is-more" or "one-size-fits-all" ideology to compounds and polishes.

Jescar/Menzerna certainly has a reputation as world-class leader in compounds and polishes, especially when it is hyped as the abrasives used by Mercedes-Benz in their exterior paint finishing production lines. I have no experience in using them, but I do not think you could go "wrong" in having them in your own detailing arsenal.

My suggestion? Keep reading in this forum what works for the pro`s or respected detailers and then try it yourself. That`s the ONLY way you will gain experience in using a compound or polish. Will you need to invest (IE, spend money) in doing so? Yes, but as my late father always said, "If you want to run with the big dogs, you`ve got to spend like the big dogs."

Post Thanks / Like

how much of the m 101 do you need ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    have you tried griots fast correct? is jescar better?
    I`m not sure what Mike will say here but from my perspective I agree with Merlin - The answer to your questions isn`t as simple as a yes or no, really too many factors play into it to declare one "better" than the other once you are talking about op shelf compounds/polishes. It`s really going to come down to the paint you`re working on as well as the tools(machine and pads) you`re using, your technique and to an extend the environment. I`ve only had the chance to try Jescar on a test panel but it seemed to have a long work time and a lot of cutting power.+

P.S. we`ll be getting in some 8 oz bottles soon for the Jescar

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Jescar over all the meguiars compounds, that is why I recommended jescar. We have now gone exclusively Griot`s creams. We feel that and have experienced with the combo of pads and products we have had no problem with any car we have seen in the last 4-5 months.
    Likes donbeezy, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks donbeezy, trashmanssd, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used Jescar but I`ve used some Menzerna products. With what I`ve experienced- which isn`t all that much in the grand scheme- I would definitely go Jescar over megs. I thought m101 was difficult to use compared to the Menzerna but it`s heavy on personal preference.

Thread Information