Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody Have A Rupes Or Flex Swirl Finder Light

Hello everyone! I have had the rupes penlight for about 2 months and was pleased....that was until I read somewhere about the Scangrip line that someone here mentioned earlier. After digging and doing some research online I pulled the trigger (Not the cheapest but ygwypf) and haven`t even come close to looking back. The way I see it I have spent some bucks on all the equipment needed to keep my 2 vehicles as clean as possible (Rupes 15Mark2/Rupes Mini/compound polishes) that lighting and actually being able to see in detail what I am working on and what areas need to be corrected is just as important as the tools to do the correcting. I started with the corded detail light and just ordered the new second generation set. If anyone wants I can post pics or Pm.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the ropes light, its OK. My power switch is inconsistent, ive just been lazy to get to complain and get a new one. It replaced a dead brinkman for me. I still use it, but my new go o light is a MT220 by nightstick/bayco. Its less than half the cost and awesome.

I find that different lights work best on certain colors. Joe- Driver showed me the scan grip and if I was looking for a light now, that`s what I would buy. The small battery operated one.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes pen light or Scangrip pen? Im going to buy either of them. Also that Scangrip sunmatching light, does it show deeper scratches too like halogen or just micro swirls and holograms?

Post Thanks / Like

I`m just getting into the correction process and my $ 14 Harbor Freight LED electric plug in shop light really brings out the swirls. Does anyone use a head lamp type ? On Amazon for $ 16 I can pick up a rechargeable LED, USB/wall/car charger options, it has a focus option and has up to 1800 lumens. Just wondering why a $ 100 light would be needed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JJZ4MR View Post
    I`m just getting into the correction process and my $ 14 Harbor Freight LED electric plug in shop light really brings out the swirls. Does anyone use a head lamp type ? On Amazon for $ 16 I can pick up a rechargeable LED, USB/wall/car charger options, it has a focus option and has up to 1800 lumens. Just wondering why a $ 100 light would be needed
    I`m curious as well. I`ve been using a Coast g20 for years. Has a very nice beam and a nice bump around 450nm (blue) so fine scratches in metal or paint show up well. Not sure why people would use a color match light for scratch inspection. Would work ok but the spectrum is not quite right.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimjungillest View Post
    Hello everyone! I have had the rupes penlight for about 2 months and was pleased....that was until I read somewhere about the Scangrip line that someone here mentioned earlier. After digging and doing some research online I pulled the trigger (Not the cheapest but ygwypf) and haven`t even come close to looking back. The way I see it I have spent some bucks on all the equipment needed to keep my 2 vehicles as clean as possible (Rupes 15Mark2/Rupes Mini/compound polishes) that lighting and actually being able to see in detail what I am working on and what areas need to be corrected is just as important as the tools to do the correcting. I started with the corded detail light and just ordered the new second generation set. If anyone wants I can post pics or Pm.
    You have the second Gen. set ?? Oh Pics Please ????
    I have the first Gen. Pen & handheld.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information