Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a TV ad last night for Chux Magic Erasure. :clap: I bought Mr Clean Magic Erasure on recommendation of fellow Autopians on my last visit to the US and have been mightly impressed with it`s vinyl cleaning abilities as well as removing white polish reside from external trim.

The local brand is called "Chux Magic Erasure" and from viewing it on TV looks to be a similar material to Mr Clean with one notable exception, ie. one side appears to have a scourer type surface.

I have added it to my wife`s weekly shopping list and hope to report back on how it performs after the weekend. :woohoo:
    Heading towards "obsessed" - Got Orbital, been to my Detailing Workshop and now understand Orbital & Clay

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I picked some up from my local supermarket a couple of months ago, like you I have found they are handy for cleaning trim. Big W also sells a product called `Balbo power pads` that are the same thing but cheaper and bigger.

Len.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lenard, great thanks for the alternative product advice. :xyxthumbs

tegboy was keen to know what was available locally when I mentioned I had been using the Mr Clean ones that I bought when I was in the US earlier in the year.
    Heading towards "obsessed" - Got Orbital, been to my Detailing Workshop and now understand Orbital & Clay

Post Thanks / Like
    both the scrubbing pad version and the non-scrubbing pad version are available here in the US under the MR Clean brand. If you look closely at the box on the MR Clean version, you will see that it is actually made in Germany and licensed to a US company for sale here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenard
    Yeah I picked some up from my local supermarket a couple of months ago, like you I have found they are handy for cleaning trim. Big W also sells a product called `Balbo power pads` that are the same thing but cheaper and bigger.

Len.

Len, I just went into the Big W store here in Melbourne and picked up the BALBO Power Pad pack of 2 for $4.84. I opened up the pack and can confirm they are the same as the Mr Clean Magic Erasure, made in Germany too, so I assume they are exactly same product just with a different brand name.

:woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    wOOt, finally. Thanks to Hemi57 for the heads up on this

Post Thanks / Like
    There is also a product called "White Magic" available at Mitre10 stores (up here in Brisbane at least) which is a greta product for cleaning polish stains off black trim.

I will have to cheeck out the other brands as well.

Another good result of these products becoming available is that my kids get their Eraser and Peanut Butter back :LOLOL

Cheers

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone somewhere asked me to post pictures on the result of using the Balbo Power Pads. Well I got off my bum at the weekend and here they are. The before and after pictures are obvious. This is a Sun Visor from my 23 years old WB Ute which I reckon has never been cleaned in it`s life.

Thread Information