Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there guys,

My name is Natalia (imaginative nick huh? ) and I`m from the Adelaide Hills, South Australia. I currently run a jewellery business from home, but hubby has bigger plans for me! He works in the car industry already, and has seen the shortage of car detailers within our area. We researched buying an existing business which will shortly be going out of business, but things seem a little odd, so we are going to set up from scratch. As I know lots about beads and silver, and little about car detailing, I thought I would try and get some info here - especially on what kind of tools we will need etc.

Any help you are able to give me with regards to this will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Natalia

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Natalia

Welcome.

I`m from Australia also (Sydney)...........if u don`t know about these aussie detailing forums, then it will be worthwhile checking them out

Final Inspection

Detail Paradise

Cheers,

Brendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Brendan,

Will check them out for sure!

Cheers,

Natalia
    All limitations are self-imposed

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi :wavey Welcome to autopia.

To begin, download the guide to detailing and read it many times. You can also click on the learn button at the top of your screen and read many different articles. Good luck with the new business.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John,

I have had a read thru that and it seems pretty overwhelming right now...but I think downloading it and taking one page...or one paragraph!...at a time might be the way to go!

Cheers,

Natalia
    All limitations are self-imposed

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Natalia welcome to Autopia.

As Brendan said I`d recommend checking out those aussie detailing sites you wont go wrong with them.

Cheers Dave

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello there........

Welcome. We are all here to help. Any questions are valid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Natalia and welcome to Autopia

Great to know your not far from me. I`m 35 km north of the city out near angle vale

I have friends at mt barker and I have checked the hills region and noticed that there`s no one out there with a fixed shop, though some of the mobile boys might get up that way

Well there is actually quite a bit. I do it professionally and just started setting up the best shop in this state at the moment. No one has a shop this big.

There is quite a bit of equipment you would need - orbital polisher, rotary x 2 (to speed things up), carpet extractor (powerful wet vac), levelers, compounds, polishes, buffing pads, microfibre towels and the list goes on and on.

If you decide to get into this and start your own from scratch, I`d be happy to help you with the best place in adelaide to purchase the better products like menzerna polishes and edge pads and what sites online to get lake country pads and the other top stuff

Trouble with buying a franchise is that you may have to use the products they make or send you and that ain`t so good.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Thread Information