Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well autoglym products overall don`t cut it at all but what I do with 07B is step 2 of 4 on trim with permanent results

First clay exterior vinyl trim or rubber seals using clearkote VM to remove oxidation and restore colour, then the 07b to enhance colour and then Jeffs AJ x 6 coats with medium pressure

Sometimes I use optimum PP instead if people want a matte finish

Werkstatt permanently seals them, did that on a few WRX cars at autosalon on friday night

Just spray and wipe a coat on after each wash for a few weeks and bam, problem solvered

I usually do it every wash always as the AJ will enhance the black more and more and no way will it wash off.

Prima is from denver which is high above sea level and they cop UV rays real bad there according to heather and nick

So epic should do the job along with AJ

How were you prepping the paint for the sealants you used ???

That has a big effect on durability.

if I use clearkote on paint (always by machine) then I lightly wipe on prime over the top when using AJ as it will not stick to VM or RMG

Most polymers will not stick to clearkote either, only four star UPP I have found to bond properly
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prep is not everything it is EVERYTHING, you can apply the most expensive wax but if you have not done the prep right the car would look just as bad as when you 1st started out in less than a week. The steps below were when I’ve not ordered my Chem Guys and Aussie Gold Products.

I wash, poly clay (Wolfgang), wash,

Then either Mothers California Gold Pre Wax Cleaner or Bowdens AutoBody PreWax Cleanser

With a compounding pad on OP Meguiar’s Swirl Remover 2.0

Then apply Meguiar’s Show Car Glaze #7

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (wait 30mins b4 buffing off)

LSP: Pinnacle Signature Series / Bowdens Auto Perfection Wax

But due to my disappointment with Wolfgang DGPS and Pinnacle wax I’ve decided to use a superior sealant (FireGlaze plus+) and was much impressed with the results with 2 layers on the 1st day and 3rd layer a week after (after washing of course). I decided to top it with Pinnacle Sig Wax (again) but inadvertently dull the appearance so now I top it off with Zaino Z8 instead. Hehe. Looks and feel a lot better then before. For a cheaper and just as effective alternative use Poly-Lack Twin Nano Clean+ and Seal. Layer 3 coats of PolyLack Seal gives a better protection too. Z8 after if desired.

Have not tried any of your ClearKote products so wouldn’t know the durability of it.

But what I can’t really wait for is to get my hands on Jeffs Prime & AJ Trigger. hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGlym
    Prep is not everything it is EVERYTHING, you can apply the most expensive wax but if you have not done the prep right the car would look just as bad as when you 1st started out in less than a week. The steps below were when I’ve not ordered my Chem Guys and Aussie Gold Products.

I wash, poly clay (Wolfgang), wash,

Then either Mothers California Gold Pre Wax Cleaner or Bowdens AutoBody PreWax Cleanser

With a compounding pad on OP Meguiar’s Swirl Remover 2.0

Then apply Meguiar’s Show Car Glaze #7

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (wait 30mins b4 buffing off)

LSP: Pinnacle Signature Series / Bowdens Auto Perfection Wax

But due to my disappointment with Wolfgang DGPS and Pinnacle wax I’ve decided to use a superior sealant (FireGlaze plus+) and was much impressed with the results with 2 layers on the 1st day and 3rd layer a week after (after washing of course). I decided to top it with Pinnacle Sig Wax (again) but inadvertently dull the appearance so now I top it off with Zaino Z8 instead. Hehe. Looks and feel a lot better then before. For a cheaper and just as effective alternative use Poly-Lack Twin Nano Clean+ and Seal. Layer 3 coats of PolyLack Seal gives a better protection too. Z8 after if desired.

Have not tried any of your ClearKote products so wouldn’t know the durability of it.

But what I can’t really wait for is to get my hands on Jeffs Prime & AJ Trigger. hehe

Your prep process to me is the cause of the lack of durability of those polymer sealants

A paint cleanser with a compounding pad is like using a wax with a polish pad, it doesn`t match.

Use an edge white or blue or lake country equivalent.

Where did you get fireglaze from?

The formula was changed after I bought my first bottle for my XA coupe and was told it was no longer available in adelaide and new formula not as good

Old formula did an awesome job on the coupe.

While poly lack is superb, it is not the same as Jeffs range and is almost same price for 300ml of PL as it is for 500ml of AJ

Your missing out mate, CK moose is the second to last step when I work, I have found a new way to finish.

CK moose can be used on so many surfaces that it is a big part of my detailing work

Do you have a rotary or orbital polisher?

if so, use prime acrylic after paint correction and CK enhancement to dramatically change the look of the paintwork

Chow

DM

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`SVR`]Your prep process to me is the cause of the lack of durability of those polymer sealants

A paint cleanser with a compounding pad is like using a wax with a polish pad, it doesn`t match.

Use an edge white or blue or lake country equivalent.

Where did you get fireglaze from?

The formula was changed after I bought my first bottle for my XA coupe and was told it was no longer available in adelaide and new formula not as good

Old formula did an awesome job on the coupe.

Note : poly lack is not same as Jeffs

Your missing out mate, CK moose is the second to last step when I work, I have found a new way to finish paint.

CK moose can be used on so many surfaces that it is a big part of my detailing work

Do you have a rotary or orbital polisher?

if so, use prime acrylic after paint correction and CK enhancement to dramatically change the look of the paintwork to unrivalled shine.

Chow

DM

Post Thanks / Like
    Applied Mothers California Gold Pre Wax Cleaner or Bowdens AutoBody PreWax Cleanser by hand and buff off (also w hand) w MF towel. Nvr did use a compounding pad with them.

Had to use 3M white waffle pad (compounding pad) as they only have 2 kinds of pad (white and Black (Finishing) pads) with my Meg`s Swirl Remover. They (3M) call their White pad a compounding pad. Dunno why. hehe. Yes, I`m using a Makita 9227 Orbital P.

I only use 3M Black pad to buff off the FireGlaze+ Sealant. Your friend is wrong about FireGlaze. I`ve got both the Original Strength and Double Strength (New). The New DoubleStrength is definitely better. It buffs off easier too mate. Got it from Jack of http://www.autosealant.com/ He`s a cool dude. I keep in touch with him often. Tried to get a dealership from the main company, Ameri-Chem Mfg before but they wanted me to buy like $90,000 worth of FG products. Now that`s a shocker for me.hehe. SparkleAuto also sells FG but they told me they only have them in the OriginalStrength. If you are still interested you can visit them in: http://www.sparkleauto.com/fireglaze.html. The New DoubleStrength FG has a thicker viscosity. You can still get originalStrength from a company in Perth, WA. I can`t recall the Co.`s name off me head now but if you are still interested just let me know ya and gimme 24hrs. :p

Do you use your CK moose before Prime Acrylic or after? Would you apply AJ Trigger before or after your CK enhancement? Juz confused with your steps when you said CK enhancement after Prime when I know I have to apply AJ Trigger after Prime. Do you also use CK Compounds to attack most of your Medium to Light Scratches/Swirls?

Thanks for your advise and tips SVR. Has your Prime Acrylics arrived yet?? Have yourself a lovely day mate.

Later

Post Thanks / Like
    Token Brisbane User signing in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello familiar persons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenojNW
    Would love to find a PRO in Perth, Western Australia :buffing:
    Back on topic ProTech in Willetton lurks on Autopia and does a great work. After getting him to detail my black car, I`m contemplating retiring up my orbital :think2 .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

New Melbourne member signing in!

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello john and welcome to the forum.

Needed some fresh blood on here. Are you a pro or just work on your own cars

Post Thanks / Like
    hi guys im from Melb

amatuer enthusiat here, looking after a collection of 6 cars incl. my own

re buying products, there are a few online stores, waxit.com.au, finalinspection.com.au, concoursecarcare.com.au

sometimes i buy my gear o/s if it works out cheaper/availability

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it usually does. The USA have stuff they don`t so I get almost all O/S

Dave`s ok with some gear as I`m a pro and get trade price

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah exactly

ive had the new Zaino products for a few days now. I couldnt wait for the Aus online stores to get it in

Post Thanks / Like
    Please inform us of your results with Zaino. I normally use Menzerna Intensive / FP II using a PC. Followed by Mothers Top Coat and Pinnacle Souveran applied by hand. Have had great results on my last Iris Blue 996, recently upgraded to a Silver 996TT.

Tried the same combo last weekend on the Silver P-car, however requires more shine.
    The journey is the reward - Chinese Proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome jrobbo.

Hey Aussies, I still drop in from time to time but so busy with work, 300CForums, old WB ute and I just bought a `75 El Camino which is in need of a bit of TLC to get on the road.

Good to see the Aussies joining up here. I have learned so much and do my best with my rides given the water restrictions we have here in Melbourne.
    Heading towards "obsessed" - Got Orbital, been to my Detailing Workshop and now understand Orbital & Clay

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information