Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber Madness Towels

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I am looking for a little insight. I am just a hobbyist only care for about four cars. I currently have 20 of the 600gsm Uber QD towels, 10 AP, and a bag of Costco Kirklands for crap jobs. I was thinking about picking up a yellow fellow or two for removal any thoughts on this towel? The other thing I was looking at was the summit 800 vs the crazy pile for QD. Any preferences between the two??
    Pick up some 16 x 16 BOA`s for polish removal. I have both crazy pile and summit towels. They`re both amazing towels, but for QD, the summits are the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Madness Towels

Quote Originally Posted by SSizzlin` View Post
    Pick up some 16 x 16 BOA`s for polish removal. I have both crazy pile and summit towels. They`re both amazing towels, but for QD, the summits are the best.

What would the crazy pile be better at?? So you are saying the BOA is better for polish removal then the yellow fellow same goes for wax/sealant removal?

Thanks again Mark

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, BOAs lint terribly for me. Maybe I got a bad lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I am looking for a little insight. I am just a hobbyist only care for about four cars. I currently have 20 of the 600gsm Uber QD towels, 10 AP, and a bag of Costco Kirklands for crap jobs. I was thinking about picking up a yellow fellow or two for removal any thoughts on this towel? The other thing I was looking at was the summit 800 vs the crazy pile for QD. Any preferences between the two??

I have the entire MM line and the yellow fellow is my favorite microfiber madness towel. It such an awesome polish removal towel. It doesn`t lint and it never marrs the paint. For QD I would get the crazy pile. The summit is almost too thick for QD for me. The summit is actually my least favorite of all the MM towels. I just don`t have a lot of uses for a really heavy towel. If anything I use the summit for wax removal.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber Madness Towels

Seth,

Either the Crazy Pile of Summits work great for QD. It all comes down to preference.

Yellow fellow would be better than BOA`s for wax/polish removal. The BOA`s are less money, yet still work great. I don`t like the fact that Yellow fellows only come in 16 x 24. That`s too big for a polish removal towel. However, I`ve been told 16 x 16 are now in production.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer 16x16 as well. I think I`ll just try a couple crazy pile`s and yellow fellow`s. I already have too many towels as is. Or maybe I can wait it out for the 16x16`s because that seems it would be ideal.

Thanks again Mark. You as well 281 and Swanic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seth,

Either the Crazy Pile of Summits work great for QD. It all comes down to preference.

Yellow fellow would be better than BOA`s for wax/polish removal. The BOA`s are less money, yet still work great. I don`t like the fact that Yellow fellows only come in 16 x 24. That`s too big for a polish removal towel. However, I`ve been told 16 x 16 are now in production.

If you fold the yellow fellow the long way like it comes from MM you get more sides out of it than a 16x16. I thought it was odd at first, but I use less towels during polishing this way.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer 16x16 as well. I think I`ll just try a couple crazy pile`s and yellow fellow`s. I already have too many towels as is. Or maybe I can wait it out for the 16x16`s because that seems it would be ideal.

Thanks again Mark. You as well 281 and Swanic.
    Crazy piles are definitely versatile. Very nice towels along with all MM towels.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont keep mine in the bag... I put them in those 3 Drawer i get from wally world.
    And i store the drawer unit INSIDE my house. So i dont think dust will get to my towels lol

Anyways, my favorite is the Crazy Pile / Dry me crazy and Yellow Fellow.

Never tried the summit simply because i do not like those heavy weight towels.... im assuming they are like the Adams double soft, which i had a few and just got rid of.

The crazy pile is GOOD ENOUGH for anything and everything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information