Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unboxing Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Waaa ? Who me ??

OK GearHead_1

Here’s a little something I picked up.

The pressure valve that stays open, if you pull and turn.

The new air valve...sweeet !

It came with this bag, a nozzle and ?? a gazzinta

Removed the cover piece with a 5/32 hex. The video TRC put out, didn’t say the size.

Then .. this , you know...gazzinta

Fully assembled.

And the 2 side x side to compare.

This is a very big upgrade. Much higher quality all around. I’m trying it out in the morning.

Review, please! Also be sure to tell us if there is a difference in the quality of the pump mechanism, please?
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The iK12 Foam Pro looks way more of a quality product than the iK9 Foamer. Maybe it`s an option I would go with now when I have loosed access to the semi-truck wash bay I had last winter season. So now it`s the coin-op wash bays if it`s so cold so I don`t want to risk takeing out my hose and the PW. Will see how the prices is between the iK12 and the Kwazar Orion PRO+ V6.

If you think of it Mary can you check how much of solution you use to cover a whole car? Or anyoneelse that has the iK9 or iK12. Would appreciated it as it`s way different than a foamcannon LOL.

Have been thinking on how the foam gets from Gtechnic W4 Citrus Foam in the recommended dilution when getting on the vehical. Which the strong one is 1:200 and the normal strength is 1:400. Since these foam sprayers don`t dilute it it`s interesting to hear how well they can be foaming with a RTU solution so to say. I have a little 1L foamer which is a little strange to dilute so weak in it LOL. And I use it on the tires and wheel wells when I use it or on bug squash that the prewash foam didn`t get off. If you dilute 1:10 in the foamcannon bottle and then useally your PW dilute it further with 1:20 on the highest chemical mix setting on the foamcannon so you get the dilution on the paint to 1:200. So that is what I use with the more concentrated prewash foams.

It would be awesome if anyone has both a iK foamer and a foamcannon. And would be up for a challenge and test them out side by side with the same dilution when it`s on the paint. To see how these foamers actually are able to foam vs a foamcannon and PW. A foamcannon and a foam gun has a huge difference in the foams they deliver. How much is the useally dilution on the highest chemical mix setting on the foam gun? Or is it a too huge of a difference on the gpm and water pressure you have out from the water hose into the foam gun?

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    The iK12 Foam Pro looks way more of a quality product than the iK9 Foamer. Maybe it`s an option I would go with now when I have loosed access to the semi-truck wash bay I had last winter season. So now it`s the coin-op wash bays if it`s so cold so I don`t want to risk takeing out my hose and the PW. Will see how the prices is between the iK12 and the Kwazar Orion PRO+ V6.

If you think of it Mary can you check how much of solution you use to cover a whole car? Or anyoneelse that has the iK9 or iK12. Would appreciated it as it`s way different than a foamcannon LOL.

Have been thinking on how the foam gets from Gtechnic W4 Citrus Foam in the recommended dilution when getting on the vehical. Which the strong one is 1:200 and the normal strength is 1:400. Since these foam sprayers don`t dilute it it`s interesting to hear how well they can be foaming with a RTU solution so to say. I have a little 1L foamer which is a little strange to dilute so weak in it LOL. And I use it on the tires and wheel wells when I use it or on bug squash that the prewash foam didn`t get off. If you dilute 1:10 in the foamcannon bottle and then useally your PW dilute it further with 1:20 on the highest chemical mix setting on the foamcannon so you get the dilution on the paint to 1:200. So that is what I use with the more concentrated prewash foams.

It would be awesome if anyone has both a iK foamer and a foamcannon. And would be up for a challenge and test them out side by side with the same dilution when it`s on the paint. To see how these foamers actually are able to foam vs a foamcannon and PW. A foamcannon and a foam gun has a huge difference in the foams they deliver. How much is the useally dilution on the highest chemical mix setting on the foam gun? Or is it a too huge of a difference on the gpm and water pressure you have out from the water hose into the foam gun?

/ Tony
    On a 2002 Lexus GS300, I use about 3.78 liters of solution per wash, in the Foam 9. That`s going around the car twice, rather quickly. My dilution ratio is between 88ml:3.78L or 148ml:3.78L, depending on the level of dirt and the specific cleaner being used. I never really had any luck with GT W4, no matter the dilution, it just didn`t clean as well as other pretreatment foams. I find that I typically use 88ml to 148ml in a 1000ml foam canon and the IK9, the foam from the foam cannon always dwells longer, thus giving me a better clean, simply because of the moisture content and the force that has created the foam. Any soap that we think of, being delivered by the IK9 has always left residue for me, so that`s why I use ONR and Extra Tough Multipurpose Cleaner/Degreaser.

There is a lot of science that goes into figuring out the ph of the foam on the surface of the vehicle, but the easiest way is to just buy pH test strips and compare concentrate to the pH of the foam on the vehicle surface. Just add more soap until you reach the desired pH. I use pH for the example because it is one the easiest colligative properties to measure, and is universal across the globe.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well... Been out celebrating my Birthday.

My buddy said to me that she wanted to get me a gift,
    she wanted to “get me that gun I’ve been looking at. ??”

So here is “ that gun I’ve been looking at “

The Gun came with a cool tool

I did use it to swap out the 6” BP, for a CGs 5” BP.
    2 washers, one from Griots BP, and the washer on CGs.

Went with CGs for a couple reasons,
    1. Matched, looked super cool.
    2. Very soft and flexible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice! I want one but have a hard time justifying a third polisher this year
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Always the best box openings, Mary. Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

Mary, is the caliber a 9 mm?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Mary B, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No real need, just curious and not too $$...
    Post Your Unboxing Pictures!-ozone.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Mary B, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Need a review on it, Budget... nicely done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    No real need, just curious and not too $$...
    Post Your Unboxing Pictures!-ozone.jpg
    What is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I say it is an ozone machine....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    What is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    I say it is an ozone machine....
    Yup. Odor removal...actually works. Threw it in a work truck that smelled like 500 dirty ashtrays...took 75% of the smell out. Smell came back relatively quickly cuz I didnt clean anything before the ozone went in.

SOP for this kinda thing is (I think) clean/scrub interior and then put machine in and run w HVAC on and in recirculate mode for 15-30 minutes, then ventilate, let car air out for a while as ozone can be kinda bad for humans, plants and animals. Leaves a bit of a residual odor of ?ozone? but it fades quickly.

Not really sure why I got it other than curiosity and it popped up on Amazon for $50.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve always wondered if those ozone machines worked or not. I wonder how they would do removing fresh paint smell from inside your house?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ve always wondered if those ozone machines worked or not. I wonder how they would do removing fresh paint smell from inside your house?
    I would guess it would work, dunno what size would be needed. Pondering putting something `odiferous` (but not too nasty) in a small bedroom and seeing how it would work. I think the theory is that it kills the bacteria that is the root of the odor...I think.

Some pretty wicked stuff for `Pets, people and plants` apparently, quite toxic but relatively short half life (30-60min depending on who ya believe). Gotta look into it a bit more before continuing with `experiments`.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I would guess it would work, dunno what size would be needed. Pondering putting something `odiferous` (but not too nasty) in a small bedroom and seeing how it would work. I think the theory is that it kills the bacteria that is the root of the odor...I think.

Some pretty wicked stuff for `Pets, people and plants` apparently, quite toxic but relatively short half life (30-60min depending on who ya believe). Gotta look into it a bit more before continuing with `experiments`.
    You have to find more Winter hobbies...lol.
    Likes Mary B, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Page 265 of 282 FirstFirst ... 165215251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279 ... LastLast

Thread Information