Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Mineral Deposit Remover

Got the chance to wash the cars today. I used MDR 2oz per gallon with 1oz ONR in a sprayer and soaked them down. Let dwell for 5-7 min. Power washed off then did the 256:1 ONR RW method with the new Ultra black sponge from TRC Both cars are coated, the Saturn has about a 4 year old CQUK 2.0 on it and the GP has almost 2 year old Gtechniq CSL on it. I usually just do an ONR presoak at 256:1 and that works well, the MDR seemed to start melting the salt before even rinsing. I didnt see the same actions using just ONR.

Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes CleanIt, dgage, The Guz, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Mineral Deposit Remover

NEVER thought of using OPT-MDR as a salt binder road traffic film (RTF) "remover" and mixing it with ONR for vehicle wash cleaning. Was this just an experiment on you own or did you contact Optimum`s Customer Service Dept about doing this? I did not know that MDR could be diluted like this.

I assume you are doing this foaming and power washing OUTSIDE and not inside in your garage. Wisconsin winter weather temps right now prevent this from happening.
    (PLEASE, no snide remarks about Green Bay`s Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field cold weather "advantage" during Football Play-off. It did not help Saturday night against the warm-weather San Francisco `49er`s. Weather had NOTHING to do with it because as my non-football knowledgeable wife quipped, "both teams have to play in it". `Nough said!)
    GB detailer
    Likes dcjredline liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    NEVER thought of using OPT-MDR as a salt binder road traffic film (RTF) "remover" and mixing it with ONR for vehicle wash cleaning. Was this just an experiment on you own or did you contact Optimum`s Customer Service Dept about doing this? I did not know that MDR could be diluted like this.

I assume you are doing this foaming and power washing OUTSIDE and not inside in your garage. Wisconsin winter weather temps right now prevent this from happening.
    (PLEASE, no snide remarks about Green Bay`s Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field cold weather "advantage" during Football Play-off. It did not help Saturday night against the warm-weather San Francisco `49er`s. Weather had NOTHING to do with it because as my non-football knowledgeable wife quipped, "both teams have to play in it". `Nough said!)
    I heard Yvan talk about it on YT and I am pretty sure its right on the bottle of MDR. Either way YES I did the presoak IN the garage (it was 5F yesterday) I use a big shop vac to suck up the water when I wash traditional or RW inside during the winter. Doing a Rinseless wash I use MAYBE 3 gallons of water. Theres no "foaming" I simply use a pump sprayer and soak the car down with the solution. Next time I wash the cars Ill try to do a better write up with some more pics.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    Likes CleanIt, Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

Actually Im pretty sure that Yvan said to use 4oz of MDR with the 256:1 ONR solution but I used only 2oz just to see if it would work well.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

4oz per 1 gallon of ONR mixed at 256:1?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    4oz per 1 gallon of ONR mixed at 256:1?
    Yes, thats the pre-soak not in the wash bucket